What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How does Jamaal Charles injures his foot moving out of the dorms? (1 Viewer)

Hipple II

Footballguy
wtf don't these guys have movers??

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24666483/andy-reid-jamaal-charles-injured-his-foot-moving-out-of-training-camp-dorm

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles was an unexpected scratch from the team's preseason game against Carolina on Sunday after suffering what coach Andy Reidcalled a 'freak' foot injury.

After the Chiefs' 28-16 loss to the Panthers, Reid elaborated on Charles' injury, saying that it happened 'after practice.'

Apparently not feeling satisfied with his original elaboration, Reid offered even more elaboration during a conference call on Monday.

"I'll just tell you what happened," Reid said of Charles' injury, via the Kansas City Star. "He was actually carrying a box down the dorms, and he came down the grassy slope there and just tweaked his foot, rolled his foot over on the curb. It was that simple."

The injury to Charles happened on Thursday as he was moving his stuff out of the dorms at Missouri Western State. The Chiefs are moving training camp from MWSU to the team's regular practice facilities beginning this week.

Although the team was initially concerned by Charles' foot injury, it appears that everything is alright now.

"He was hurting that night," Reid said. "The next day he woke up and he was feeling a little bit better, and he was feeling better today, so we're optimistic about it. Initially, there was a little concern. But they got all the stuff done on it, MRIs and all that stuff, so everything is clear."

Well, not everything's clear. The one thing that's not clear is when Charles will return to practice. After a day off on Monday, the Chiefs will practice on Tuesday, but Reid didn't say if Charles will participate.

You know these guys play pick up basketball and #### like that in the offseason, right? Hell, some do farm work.

It was a freak thing. It's asinine to say NFL players should be hiring movers because one slipped while carrying a box. He wasn't strapping an oven to his back, he was carrying a damn box.

Stop being so paranoid. They're young guys in the prime of their lives. They can handle carrying boxes MOST of the time.

I think the greater question here that local beat reporters are obviously afraid to ask is why isn't there some kind of rail in place to keep people on the walkway and off the grassy knoll?

And Mccoy has a "small version of turf toe", via rotoworld. With the 1.01 pick coming up this saturday in a 12 team PPR league, and we only start 1 RB with 2 Flex, I may move over to Calvin.

FWIW, I knew a guy back in college who tripped while moving out of the dorms. It was 7 weeks before he could walk again, much less run. Draft with caution.

Stuff happens. Even to young, healthy, people who happen to be elite athletes.

Personally, I think all the players on my fantasy squads should be locked in hyperbaric chambers until game days. Maybe let them out occasionally for a practice session, but nothing serious.

Some people believe that each individual phenomenon has its own "numen" (soul, spirit, or spiritual energy), and its numen is ultimately connected with the unique numen of the universe. "Transcendentalism" is the philosophy that every phenomenon is an expression of the great life force - and that individual life force is ultimately connected with the life force of the universe. So basically, in the transcendental environment, work is believed to have its own numen, so that work is one of the ways to reach something beyond the secular world (the ultimate reality).

Accordingly, people like Jamaal Charles unconsciously and sometimes consciously try to unify themselves with the great life force by concentrating on doing their own work - a concept that basically provides the ethical basis for what you and I know as "diligence." This propensity can be found vividly in the tendency to view seemingly trivial activities - such as arranging flowers, making tea, practicing martial arts, studying calligraphy, or in this case, moving your boxes - as ideal ways to find completeness and contentment with one's own personality and exist beyond the tangible world.

So it basically comes down to Charles' "attitudes" toward work. To be concrete, it is not important for Charles to maintain the principle of the division of labor and wait for the moving company to come do the work for him. What is important to Charles is the process and the result of the work. Charles could not attain his goals within the existing framework of the division of labor, and it led him to try another alternative which was not clearly defined. As a result he did not wait on someone else to come move the box for him. He tried to move it himself.

When you think about it, this kind of positive attitude toward work should be highly appreciated as it sets a good example within the mindset of a team.

You know these guys play pick up basketball and #### like that in the offseason, right? Hell, some do farm work.

It was a freak thing. It's asinine to say NFL players should be hiring movers because one slipped while carrying a box. He wasn't strapping an oven to his back, he was carrying a damn box.

Stop being so paranoid. They're young guys in the prime of their lives. They can handle carrying boxes MOST of the time.
Maybe the box had an oven in it.

Anyone heard any updates on Charles and his foot? It seemed like it wasn't going to be a big deal, but I would like to see him back on the practice field before I truly believe that.

Users who are viewing this thread