What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holly Jolly Palooza: Collaborative Xmas playlist project complete w/ 12 1/2 playlists for your holiday enjoyment (2 Viewers)

Rocking/Funny

F it, it’s Christmas in “The great American trailer park Christmas musical”. Our theater is doing this right now. My son sings part of this song.

Rocking/Funny

F it, it’s Christmas in “The great American trailer park Christmas musical”. Our theater is doing this right now. My son sings part of this song.

Not on Spotify

I made a management decision. Since the For the Kids category didn't get a see a lot of action the first time through, it's been replaced in the dice order by

Peaceful/chilled

I think it'll make for a more listenable mix and we all could use a little peace.

Last edited:
In the reverse words of NOFX, please play this song on the radio, but please don't put these songs in the mix. They're just curios, and the traditional category deserves more traditional performances.

But for anybody interested . . .

Traditional/Religious

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Hozier

Not on Spotify, but very chill and cool

A swinging version of a traditional song:

Traditional/Religious

A rockin' version of a traditional song:

Rivers is in fine auto-tune form here and I love it.

Country/acoustic

Underneath The Tree - Kelly Clarkson (maybe more pop than country, but she performed at the Opry last week, so, eh, close enough)

What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve - The Head and the Heart (folk, but considering within here)

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the negativity in the What's Normal: Xmas Music thread

I must have read it differently than you. I thought a majority of the people liked Christmas music in that thread. Maybe you and I had different expectations going into the thread. I figured it would be more negative than it was.

We had a thread here about liking Christmas qua Christmas and a lot of people didn't like the holiday. I figured it would follow a lot of people wouldn't like the music. Anyway, back to the selecting.

Rock

Christmas Will Really Be Christmas - Black Pumas (picked the Lou Rawls original for soul)

Peaceful/Chillin

Silent Night - Stevie Nicks

Last edited:
Rock

Christmas Will Really Be Christmas - The Black Pumas (picked the Lou Rawls original for soul)

Peaceful/Chillin

Silent Night - Stevie Nicks

Woah... really like the Black Pumas... and that take is great! Thanks!

Rock

A Beach Boys classic. Apparently they couldn't get out of their car phase when describing Santa's sled

Just a little bobsled, we call it old Saint Nick
But she'll walk a toboggan with a four speed stick
She's candy-apple red with a ski for a wheel
And when Santa hits the gas, man, just watch her peel

Chillin'

This should be on two playlists. I hope Ilov will indulge me. My Christmas song rolodex isn't exactly fleshed out.

We have a few endgame options
  1. Keep rolling until next Friday
  2. Keep rolling until Swinging comes up
  3. Force Monday to be a Swinging day
  4. Stop now and be eternally swingless
In the case of either 2 or 3, we could follow with an any playlist day if there's interest

We have a few endgame options
  1. Keep rolling until next Friday
  2. Keep rolling until Swinging comes up
  3. Force Monday to be a Swinging day
  4. Stop now and be eternally swingless
In the case of either 2 or 3, we could follow with an any playlist day if there's interest
If taking votes, I’d vote for Swinging day for Monday. I’d be okay with ending things there. Feels like picks have slowed a bit the past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread