What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harbaugh's ego (1 Viewer)

Harbaugh did release a statement sayings he "Expects to be" coaching at Michigan next year.
The wording seems calculated, but Harbaugh is kind of a weird dude and that might just be his style.

The Athletic's Joe Person reports Panthers owner David Tepper has talked with Michigan coach John Harbaugh about Carolina's head coach position.​

Harbaugh has also been linked to the Broncos job and The Athletic had a piece Monday predicting that he would be open to taking an NFL job this offseason. Harbaugh almost got the Vikings job last offseason before they decided to go with Kevin O'Connell and the former 49ers coach had a lot of success in his first go-round as an NFL head coach. The smoke seems to be getting heavy that he'll fill one of the vacancies this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Joe Person on Twitter
Jan 3, 2023, 1:29 PM ET
B2B CFP appearances, even if he does win the whole thing
Add in a Super Bowl appearance and largely a success in San Fran when he was the HC
Still only 58 years old and you look at what Pete Carroll did around the age of 60 when he returned to the NFL
You put Harbaugh in charge of a talented team with a couple chips in the draft and he might be a great option vs the next flavor of the month at OC/DC getting their 1st HC job
Go get someone who is proven
Ironically the Carroll comparison is even more apt seeing as he jumped from USC before sanctions were handed down and looks like Harbaugh will be doing the same thing with Michigan.

For being a Michigan Man, he sure has a lot of discussions with teams outside of Michigan. Also for being a tough guy, he seems to need a hug a lot.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Broncos owner Greg Penner met with Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh last week.​

Harbaugh's back-and-forth relationship with Michigan and the NFL has become a widely documented storyline over the last few offseasons. Despite multiple rumors linking him to NFL teams this offseason, Harbaugh has already announced he'd be returning to Michigan in 2023, yet he continues to meet with NFL teams. Schefter notes in his story that a deal never materialized between the two sides and that the Broncos moved on from Harbaugh soon after their meeting concluded. It's unlikely this turns into anything, but the Broncos could make an aggressive pursuit of Harbaugh after losing out on Sean Payton last week.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on ESPN
Jan 29, 2023, 10:11 AM ET

Apologize but I didn't read the thread. I'm assuming it's pro and against Harbaugh as a coach and a person. Can anyone find even a high school football coach without an ego? I would be thrilled with this guy coming in to coach my franchise

Apologize but I didn't read the thread. I'm assuming it's pro and against Harbaugh as a coach and a person. Can anyone find even a high school football coach without an ego? I would be thrilled with this guy coming in to coach my franchise
That thread title was from years ago.

Michigan fan here. I think Harbaugh is a great coach who has turned around every team he's ever coached. He's also a d-bag who eventually wore out his welcome at every team. Will be interesting to see how the Michigan situation plays out. I think if he feels like sanctions are coming he probably pulls a Pete Carroll and skips town ahead of the lawman

The 2 brothers are currently the favorite and 2nd favorite to win their respective championships. Growing up, Mama must have put something special in their morning Cheerios.

I think hiring Don Yee was a strong indicator he's looking at returning to the NFL and I say that because as far as I know Yee does not represent any college coaches.

Michigan fan here. I think Harbaugh is a great coach who has turned around every team he's ever coached. He's also a d-bag who eventually wore out his welcome at every team. Will be interesting to see how the Michigan situation plays out. I think if he feels like sanctions are coming he probably pulls a Pete Carroll and skips town ahead of the lawman
Also a Michigan fan. Do you really think Harbaugh has worn out his welcome? Seems to me he's never been more popular among fans, players or coaches. Even President Ono publicly has his back.

Can't see him going anywhere unless the NCAA comes down with something drastic. And don't really see that since they've apparently front-loaded punishment by the B1G.

Also a Michigan fan. Do you really think Harbaugh has worn out his welcome? Seems to me he's never been more popular among fans, players or coaches. Even President Ono publicly has his back.

Can't see him going anywhere unless the NCAA comes down with something drastic. And don't really see that since they've apparently front-loaded punishment by the B1G.
Sorry, should have been clearer. I meant at previous stops (especially SF). Agree he's beloved by UM at the moment. Though let's see what happens if Michigan gets hit by a bunch of sanctions

BTW, this is my favorite Harbaugh-related story: After the 2012 playoff game between Seattle and Washington, Richard Sherman went up to RG3 post-game and said something cryptic like "Remember what I told you!"

It turned out that Sherman had hosted RG3 on his recruiting visit to Stanford, where Harbaugh was promising him he would still get to play in spite of Andrew Luck's presence. Sherman, who had moved from WR to DB just to get away from Harbaugh, spent the whole time convincing RG3 not to buy what Harbaugh was selling, and he ended up going to Baylor instead

Sorry, should have been clearer. I meant at previous stops (especially SF). Agree he's beloved by UM at the moment. Though let's see what happens if Michigan gets hit by a bunch of sanctions
After Hoke, Rich Rod, etc., Harbaugh will be forever beloved by Michigan fans regardless of any potential sanctions.

I saw SF dudes flip the light switch at the SB v Ravens.
joking but you know it wouldnt surprise me if Harbaugh the younger had a hand in that, it really wouldn't. coy, shady guy for sure.
no one he stays in college, he'll be announced as NFL Team X's head coach as early as Tues afternoon.
why someone would move to california is beyond me, but maybe he goes to Chargers. the golden goose is in Atlanta. o-line.check.defense is decent-check.great RB and WR/TEs? check.just need a coach and a QB

The 2 brothers are currently the favorite and 2nd favorite to win their respective championships. Growing up, Mama must have put something special in their morning Cheerios.
His dad was the coach at my alma mater for years. That's all they've ever known. Jack was always known to be an *******, too. But they know football

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Falcons have scheduled a second interview with Jim Harbaugh for their head coaching vacancy.
Harbaugh met with the Falcons on Tuesday and will be back for more talks with owner Arthur Blank and general manager Terry Fontenot soon. It was previously reported that Bill Belichick to Atlanta was nearly a done deal, but the Falcons are clearly doing their due diligence with all candidates. Harbaugh has also completed an interview with the Chargers while the Commanders reportedly have interest as well.

He will wish he was back in Michigan in two years or less.

if the chargers continue to lose games with harbaugh, wonder when/if herbert finally starts feeling some heat. guy has won nothing
He’s accomplished what he has with dreadful coaching. It’s fair to assume he would do better with good coaching, and it looks like we’re about to find out for real.

if the chargers continue to lose games with harbaugh, wonder when/if herbert finally starts feeling some heat. guy has won nothing
The dude led three starkly different offenses in college and is about to sit under his 4th different coordinator in five NFL seasons. You might be setting your expectations too high.

When you know that over 160 college football teams and 270 college basketball teams have had wins vacated over the years, you realize how much the NCAA bites. You play the games and you have results. The NCAA puts their ego and authority over the what happens in the games. You never see the NFL or MLB or NBA vacate victories under any circumstances.

Jim Harbaugh returns to the NFL sidelines where he spent four years as the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. He was 44-19-1 during his time there, with three NFC Championship Game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

Now he takes over a Chargers team with Justin Herbert.

His own brother is the only thing keeping him from the rare air of both a Superbowl and a NCAA championship. Think how awkward those Thanksgiving family dinners must be.

It's now pretty clear to me that any success the Chargers have had during Herbert's time here is because of Herbert. He's been carrying this team for 4 years and masking a ton of problems with the roster, coaching, and management.

Harbaugh to the Chargers would be a perfect fit if not for those pesky kids (of the owner).

We 💯 know Jimbaugh can manage down. Let's see if he can manage up.

Users who are viewing this thread