What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good streaming sites for this year? (1 Viewer)

firstrowsports.eu - on a PC careful of pop ups/spyware (potentially)

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Game Pass - Official streaming site of the NFL. Allows you to stream every game all season long including the playoffs and Super Bowl.

The only catch is that they don't offer streaming services to those of us who are in the US at all. It's even more annoying that the NFL is trying to drum up business in Europe and various European countries such as the Netherlands are able to access all of the content on the NFL Game Pass site for free. Nada. Nothing...

If only there was a way to use some tricky switching to make my connection hit the NFL Game Pass site as if I was in the Netherlands.

Oh yeah, that's what I do. :excited:

NFL Game Pass - Official streaming site of the NFL. Allows you to stream every game all season long including the playoffs and Super Bowl.

The only catch is that they don't offer streaming services to those of us who are in the US at all. It's even more annoying that the NFL is trying to drum up business in Europe and various European countries such as the Netherlands are able to access all of the content on the NFL Game Pass site for free. Nada. Nothing...

If only there was a way to use some tricky switching to make my connection hit the NFL Game Pass site as if I was in the Netherlands.

This might be the best post ever posted here

Thanatos said:

How does one do this?

Thanatos said:

How does one do this?
:blackdot:

Thanatos said:

How does one do this?
Tricky DNS switching stuff. It helps that I work in IT and know my way around computers a bit.

Thanatos said:

How does one do this?
Tricky DNS switching stuff. It helps that I work in IT and know my way around computers a bit.
Don't leave us hanging, computer geek. Show us how to do it.

i'm Not surE if sharing This information would be tHe bEst thing to share as the populaRity couLd cAuse the Nfl to rethink whether they shoulD provide this Service for FREE to Very sPecific couNtries.

How does one do this?
Thanatos, this has nothing to do with DNS, it has to do with routing packets to a point where it thinks it's you, the client, then forwarding them to you in the US, not what DNS records are.

First thing you should do is grab a proxy server from Canada. It's probably the closest with the least amount of latency:

http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-ca/

Then enter in the IP and PORT in your browser settings. This is typically under preferences, network. Should look like this for Firefox for example:

http://s17.postimg.org/491fbvzsv/Screen_Shot_2013_09_22_at_10_28_47_PM.png

Then in Google search for "what's my ip" and it should show the proxy IP that you chose. That means it works.

Your public IP address is 199.19.214.140 - Learn more

This will also give you an idea of how fast it is. Remember, the data now has to go from the game pass site, to the proxy host then to you. It's very possible this will be laggy until you find a good one.

http://s16.postimg.org/7fbkku43p/Screen_Shot_2013_09_22_at_10_36_30_PM.png

Way to help people by the way.

Seed

Way to help people by the way.

Seed
not sure if you are being sArcastic with your comment about helping people

i diDn't provide any Further specific details due to the natuRe of my employmEnt. i provided a hint and now thEy can figure out a way to do the resT themselves If they are sMart and know how to use google to thEir advantage

Alright, I'm done beating around the bush. I've done my research and I'm 99.9% certain that there is nothing illegal about bypassing region blocks. The NFL is choosing to make this content free, albeit in a limited area, but they can't legally bring any kind of heat against someone who is bypassing region restrictions in order to access free content.

I use a service called AdFreeTime to access the NFL Game Pass site and stream all of the games for free this year. I'm not sure if this is going to last all season long or if it will be available next season, but it's working for me right now and I'm happy with it. It's not free. It costs $2 a month for access. It does in fact use DNS switching as opposed to a proxy server or VPN. It's fairly easy to setup and there are guides on the AdFreeTime website. AdFreeTime also allows access to UFC.tv as well as region unblocking services for Netflix, in addition to blocking annoying popup ads.

Using the DNS solution means that I'm not streaming from my connection out to a remote server and then back to the NFL. It's lag free for me, although I do have a 50mbps downstream connection. Picture quality is full HD as long as you have the bandwidth to support a 4500kbps stream.

$2 a month beats the pants off of what I have been paying to DirecTV for the past few years. I know I could do some manual changes with my browser settings by utilizing a proxy, but I'm very satisfied with the hassle free experience that $2 a month brings me.

Alright, I'm done beating around the bush. I've done my research and I'm 99.9% certain that there is nothing illegal about bypassing region blocks. The NFL is choosing to make this content free, albeit in a limited area, but they can't legally bring any kind of heat against someone who is bypassing region restrictions in order to access free content.

I use a service called AdFreeTime to access the NFL Game Pass site and stream all of the games for free this year. I'm not sure if this is going to last all season long or if it will be available next season, but it's working for me right now and I'm happy with it. It's not free. It costs $2 a month for access. It does in fact use DNS switching as opposed to a proxy server or VPN. It's fairly easy to setup and there are guides on the AdFreeTime website. AdFreeTime also allows access to UFC.tv as well as region unblocking services for Netflix, in addition to blocking annoying popup ads.

Using the DNS solution means that I'm not streaming from my connection out to a remote server and then back to the NFL. It's lag free for me, although I do have a 50mbps downstream connection. Picture quality is full HD as long as you have the bandwidth to support a 4500kbps stream.

$2 a month beats the pants off of what I have been paying to DirecTV for the past few years. I know I could do some manual changes with my browser settings by utilizing a proxy, but I'm very satisfied with the hassle free experience that $2 a month brings me.
:tebow: :thanks:

How does one do this?
Or you just subscribe to a VPN service for like $40 a year and get both safer surfing habits from potential spying and free NFL. :)

This is awesome. Works great. Thank you for providing some solid info on how to do this.

Seed

This is awesome. Works great. Thank you for providing some solid info on how to do this.

Seed
Enjoy! I took it to the next level a bit. My computer is a gaming rig that has both DVI and HDMI out on the video card and is in the same room as my full entertainment center, but a bit of a distance away. I picked up a 35 foot HDMI cable off of Amazon and ran it under the carpet around the edge of the wall from my computer to my 50" plasma TV so that I can watch the games on the big screen on the couch instead of on the smaller 23" monitor.

Looks like the party is over folks. Some dooshnozzle journalist for Bloomberg Business Insider did a big article on ways that cordcutters are getting access to online content. The service that I used to use was very much highlighted in the article and the proprietor of Adfreetime asked the journalist not to run the article, but he chose to do so anyways. The end result is that the NFL became very aware of people accessing the NFL content that they put out there for free through methods that bypass region restrictions. They closed up all the loopholes that they could by blacklisting IP addresses.

I'm still getting my NFL streaming on through the NFL Game Pass website but I had to enroll in a full on VPN in order to do it. At $10 a month, it's still cheaper than getting raped in the wallet for DirecTV.

The worst part of this is if the NFL offered me the option to stream everything directly through them for a reasonable price, I would totally do it every year. $20 a month. Absolutely. No way I am paying $300 for a season plus the added requirement of subscribing to and paying for DirecTV for a full year of service.

Users who are viewing this thread