What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza - Whoa oh ohhh, Listen to the music (1 Viewer)

I don't know what we're doing here, but okay, I'm in.

1.01 Freebird
That could qualify as Southern Rock, Country Rock, Country, Classic Rock, Artists who died in accidents, :shrug:

ETA: overplayed songs, live songs

Last edited by a moderator:
Was about to say I'm too busy, but we know that's not true. Yo Mama is in. 

9+ minute Rush songs is a genre, right?

What the heck - I'm in, even if only to figure out another way to draft the remaining Counting Crows songs I have not drafted and annoy @Limp Ditka

Asking for a friend...would "songs from soundtracks" or "award winning songs" count as genres? Please let me know if I am on the right track here with my guidance - I think they work, but not 100% sure.

sounds fun and thanks for the invite but work is kicking my ### for the next 10 days so will have to pass. I will be following it and checking in if time permits.

Asking for a friend...would "songs from soundtracks" or "award winning songs" count as genres? Please let me know if I am on the right track here with my guidance - I think they work, but not 100% sure.
Those are categories.  Genre refers to style

Is Top Ten American Bands considered a genre?

Is this the draft thread or will there be another?
We'll use this thread.

Genre boundaries are never totally black and white but top 10 bands would be a totally subjective category and shouldn't be used

After reading the rules about 10 times, I think I kinda get it? :confused:

1.  Is the draft order up?

2.  Is there doubling up allowed in the first round on categories, or if we have 20 drafters are we looking for 20 musical categories?

3.  This isn't titled a mixtape draft, but are we still making mixes?

After reading the rules about 10 times, I think I kinda get it? :confused:

1.  Is the draft order up?

2.  Is there doubling up allowed in the first round on categories, or if we have 20 drafters are we looking for 20 musical categories?

3.  This isn't titled a mixtape draft, but are we still making mixes?
First round (genre/song) is first come first served starting at the top of the hour.  Draft order will be set for round 2 going forward

Doubling up of genres is permitted but kind of pointless.  If the same category comes up twice when rolling, I'm going to re-roll so people will always have three distinct choices for each round.

Individual mixes are optional.   Collaborative genre mixes would probably work better but I'm not going to commit to making them. 

WTF?  I want to be in but I can't focus long enough to read the rules.  

I'm out!....for now.

The genre/category I'm throwing out there is   :pickle:  LIVE ROCK TRACKS   :pickle:

My first pick is Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - Live at Earl's Court 1994

This is my first one of these drafts, so if I ####ed something up, sorry.  This is one of a few concerts I would give my left nut/first born son/whatever to be able to go back in time to attend.  The show was released as a double live album, Pulse.  Comfortably Numb is probably my favorite song and the guitar solo in this version is simply mesmerizing.  

I was gonna do Live Rock but half suspected it would get snapped up quickly.  Guess I can play wait and see for right now.

So there will be as many rounds as there are drafters, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread