What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gary Russell-Steelers Goal Line (1 Viewer)

bb7278

Footballguy
Gary Russell could be in for a big game tonight. With Parker still getting healthy, Ocho out, and Memo not getting the goal line looks Russell could be in for a big trial period if the game gets out of hand early. I wouldnt be suprised if he got 15 touches tonight. If your struggling with a backup choice he could at the very least should be the main goal-line guy tonight and the steelers are going to put up some decent points!

RB Russell Could See More Short-Yardage Carries

Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post Gazette - [Full Article]

Steelers RB Gary Russell was successful on two third and short situations Week 11 and HC Mike Tomlin said Russell could continue to flourish in that role. Russell picked up first downs with runs of 4 and 6 yards. RB Willie Parker was 1-of-2 on third down runs and Mewelde Moore lost a yard on 4th and goal from the one. "Maybe we found something with Gary Russell," HC Mike Tomlin said. "We will see. I think that based upon what he showed us in this football game, he is a strong candidate for that." Russell has also taken over kick return duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shark play? I think desperation play would be a better term. Vulturing might be a concern for Willie Parker owners, but those starting Russel would be relying on a TD to put up average RB2 numbers. pretty low ceiling and very low floor in my eyes.

Don't know what to think really. Willie was in the game for the run near the goalline at the end of the game

Shark play? I think desperation play would be a better term.
haha, agreed ... and Extravaganza? This is a serious reach if the topic is tonight's game.I am hoping he vultures a TD to keep FWP fresh ... I would imagine Tomlin is going to do what he can to limit the hits on FWP since he has been less than durable.

One guy that won't be producing is Willie Parker. I am going against him this week and my gameplan is foolproof. Start Parker if you want, I am shutting him down.

One guy that won't be producing is Willie Parker. I am going against him this week and my gameplan is foolproof. Start Parker if you want, I am shutting him down.
Really? Why? Weather? He's healthy, there's talk that he'll be getting goalline carries and they'll probably be ahead and running the ball a lot. He looks like a good play to me.http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08324/928947-66.stm

Parker's short-yardage use

Willie Parker said after Sunday's game that he was not used in their one goal-line situation and in two short-yardage tries in the second half because the Steelers were trying to protect his injured shoulder.

Tomlin laughed about that one.

"I didn't have that conversation with Willie Parker. Maybe his running-back coach did. I am for ringing up the scoreboard, and if Willie can get in there, I am going to hand it to him."

Really? Why? Weather? He's healthy, there's talk that he'll be getting goalline carries and they'll probably be ahead and running the ball a lot. He looks like a good play to me.http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08324/928947-66.stm

Willie Parker said after Sunday's game that he was not used in their one goal-line situation and in two short-yardage tries in the second half because the Steelers were trying to protect his injured shoulder.

"I didn't have that conversation with Willie Parker. Maybe his running-back coach did. I am for ringing up the scoreboard, and if Willie can get in there, I am going to hand it to him."
I was thinking big things from parker tonight as well. He was a shoe string away from a couple big ones last week and I see Pitt up big and milking the clock. He also was given the ball inside the 5 when all they needed was a FG to win last weekend too.care to elaborate on why he is going to get shut down?

I was thinking big things from parker tonight as well. He was a shoe string away from a couple big ones last week and I see Pitt up big and milking the clock. He also was given the ball inside the 5 when all they needed was a FG to win last weekend too.care to elaborate on why he is going to get shut down?
Take a deep breath and re-read his post.

Parker isn't going to get the carries if its 31-14 steelers in the 3rd quarter, Russell will play alot.

bb7278 said:
8 Points in my league :goodposting:
I own him in one deep dynasty, but I'm glad I resisted plugging him in. Unless it's a TD-only league, I can't imagine anyone who started him was thrilled with 8 points, esp. if it was in a PPR league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread