What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox news cracks me up...Benghazi! Hillary! Comey! AOC! (2 Viewers)

That is shocking how fast Gutfield show surpassed the others. The  Biden disaster has helped Gutfield so now Colbert is starting to mock Biden everynight as well. Kimmel and Fallon don`t know what to do now.
Is it though? Conservatives have one show to tune into while the left is divided among three or four.

Is it though? Conservatives have one show to tune into while the left is divided among three or four.

Maybe Liberals are getting a good laugh as well though.  Colbert has been getting harder and harder on Biden last few weeks in his jokes. Kimmel and Fallon still have a hard time making jokes about Biden even with plenty of material to work with.

Maybe Liberals are getting a good laugh as well though.  Colbert has been getting harder and harder on Biden last few weeks in his jokes. Kimmel and Fallon still have a hard time making jokes about Biden even with plenty of material to work with.
Just talking from a ratings standpoint - Gutfeld has no competition for late night conservative viewers.

Just talking from a ratings standpoint - Gutfeld has no competition for late night conservative viewers.
This is from late August, so things may have changed, but it's 2.98 million vs a combined 7.54 million.

"Gutfeld's ratings victory came in the same week that Fox News bested the broadcasters in primetime, presumably boosted by its coverage of the U.S. military pulling out of Afghanistan. For the week, Fox News attracted 2.98 million total viewers nightly in primetime, compared to 2.68 million for NBC, 2.49 million at CBS and 2.37 million for ABC, according to Nielsen."

No doubt Trump was a ratings boon for all media, especially those with a liberal slant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it used routinely on conservative-minded posts and memes on FB.  Most of the time my "letting it sink it" results in having less respect for the author's mental faculties because the statement's either illogical or hypocritical.  I'm sure it plays well in the echo chamber, though.   

Wut?  :lol:

Are you just making stuff up now?  You guys are outta' your mind.  :doh:

"victory lap" :lol:   

Just thought it was funny because it was:  1. a completely predictable "but CNN!" comment, and 2. sort a funny/dickish thing to say about something that as you put it was obvious.  

As far as the "but CNN!" goes - do you watch Fox, BR?  Seems odd to be so quick to jump to defend it by throwing CNN under the bus.  

Negative.

Got it, you aren't a Trump guy but defend him a lot.  You don't watch Fox, but you had to jump in with the "but CNN!" 

I defend against the hypocrisy.  Don't confuse the two.

Aren't you the self-proclaimed "independent" or "centrist" that defends all things left and excoriates all things right on these boards anyways?

Maybe I have you confused with all the other self-proclaimed "independents" on this board. 

Aren't you the self-proclaimed "independent" or "centrist" that defends all things left and excoriates all things right on these boards?

If you are, glass houses and all that.
And yet you had no comment on the Fox vs. Fox. Particularly where they were praising Trump for cutting through all the red tape to fast track the vaccines, only to openly question if they were safe because they might have been fast tracked under Biden.

And yet you had no comment on the Fox vs. Fox. Particularly where they were praising Trump for cutting through all the red tape to fast track the vaccines, only to openly question if they were safe because they might have been fast tracked under Biden.

I had no comment because I don't watch Fox.  :shrug:

I'm not on these boards posting and chuckling how great Fox is like you guys are with Comedy Central.  :shrug:

Aren't you the self-proclaimed "independent" or "centrist" that defends all things left and excoriates all things right on these boards anyways?

Maybe I have you confused with all the other self-proclaimed "independents" on this board. 
You are either confused, or like I expect, don't bother reading posts.  

Summer Wheat said:
That is shocking how fast Gutfield show surpassed the others. The  Biden disaster has helped Gutfield so now Colbert is starting to mock Biden everynight as well. Kimmel and Fallon don`t know what to do now.

VIDEO: Late Night TV Hosts React to Pro-Trump Capitol Riots | NowThis Jan 7, 2021

Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, and other late night tv hosts are addressing and condemning the Pro-Trump Capitol riots of January 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qMO_kmV32I

Not that shocking.

Johnny Carson used to make fun of everyone. He also didn't do the shaming and condescending routine that most of the current late night hosts do.

If you alienate up to half your audience .... surprise, surprise.... they get up and leave.

Professional sports will see this impact soon but this is somewhat muted now because of the pandemic. But as things tend to normalize in terms of fans in the stands/arenas, the financial hits will be brutal.

It's not just that most of the current late night hosts lean left. It's that they go on the full attack of all Conservatives while they do it. Smug elitist tone deaf condescension isn't going to win over people.

Notice it's the same theme over and over - Take the acts of the fringe and the extremists and smear all Republicans and Conservatives.

I'm not saying some Republicans and the GOP and Trump are all blameless for everything. But there's a clear lack of balance here.

Sometimes people just want to watch a basketball game. Or watch a movie. Or laugh a few times late at night. Without politics shoved in their face. Without being called a racist. Without being told their viewpoints are some kind of crime. Not wanting to hear it and find a little escapism doesn't mean these people don't care about some pretty complex and important social issues, but they are never given any credit for the reality that they don't want or need to have it carpet bombed at them non stop all the time.

The radical left has a massive boundary problem.

Sometimes people come home from work after a long hard and bad day and just want to put their feet up and have some pizza and watch part of a basketball game in peace. Is that such a crime?

Gutfield didn't capitalize on a pre existing market, he took advantage of a market created for him based on intolerance and relentless vitriol laid at half the country.

Play Stupid Games. Win Stupid Prizes.

BladeRunner said:
I had no comment because I don't watch Fox.  :shrug:

I'm not on these boards posting and chuckling how great Fox is like you guys are with Comedy Central.  :shrug:
Comedy Central was pointing out hypocrisy. Which seems to bother you. Good for you! It bothers me too. High five.

See, in the video, they used clips from Fox, where some staff there had different takes depending on if they wanted it to reflect well on a Republican or not. So, if you don't watch Fox, Comedy Central does the work for you, by highlighting the blaring hypocrisy. 

I didn't see anywhere here people commenting on the quality of Comedy Central as a network. I might've missed it. 

The important thing to remember here is that Gutfeld gets good ratings. 

Comedy Central was pointing out hypocrisy. Which seems to bother you. Good for you! It bothers me too. High five.

See, in the video, they used clips from Fox, where some staff there had different takes depending on if they wanted it to reflect well on a Republican or not. So, if you don't watch Fox, Comedy Central does the work for you, by highlighting the blaring hypocrisy. 

I didn't see anywhere here people commenting on the quality of Comedy Central as a network. I might've missed it. 

The important thing to remember here is that Gutfeld gets good ratings. 

Hey do us all a favor and take your trolling to another forum.  TIA!    :thumbup:

Some of us have some very different ideas about what constitutes trolling, I guess. I don't think pointing out the pathetic hypocrisy that Fox "News" demonstrates regularly would fit the definition, nor would examples of any other network doing the same. Haven't seen any examples of that, but maybe someday...

Some of us have some very different ideas about what constitutes trolling, I guess. I don't think pointing out the pathetic hypocrisy that Fox "News" demonstrates regularly would fit the definition, nor would examples of any other network doing the same. Haven't seen any examples of that, but maybe someday...
 Sometimes "trolling" = you just posted something I don't like, and can't think of an intelligent rebuttal.  

Hey do us all a favor and take your trolling to another forum.  TIA!    :thumbup:
You don't watch Fox. Comedy Central enabled you to observe hypocrisy without watching Fox. 

You pointed out people were "posting and chuckling about how great Comedy Central is".

I don't think anyone is doing that. So was that a lie, or a troll? 

You don't watch Fox. Comedy Central enabled you to observe hypocrisy without watching Fox. 

You pointed out people were "posting and chuckling about how great Comedy Central is".

I don't think anyone is doing that. So was that a lie, or a troll? 
When the narrative or facts don't suit you, just change them into something that does.  It's the Trumpian way. 

Here's the difference between Trumpers and the rest of us.  If someone were to post a similar montage about CNN, more than likely we'd accept that CNN is biased and hypocritical.  For whatever reason, Trumpers just can't make that leap.  They need to deflect and repress at all costs.  It's sad to watch over and over and over again.   

Message for Trumpers:  Learn to own it once in a while.  It's ok.  You will survive.  

If pointing out hypocrisy is "trolling" then what is a person who says "hey, all I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy!!!!"  ?

:shrug:

When I watched it, it looked scripted to me. The dopey look on Ingraham's face seemed forced, and the exchange was too convenient.  Seasoned TV personalities don't continue in a circle of misunderstanding like that without clarifying their statements. 

There are some local radio personalities in the Twin Cities market that do a similar bit with the bands the Who and the Guess Who, and this played as a direct rip-off of their shtick, which is itself a direct rip-off of Abbott and Costello.

The guest, Arroyo, is now saying this was scripted and intentional.  Sure buddy, sure.
How to take a cringe TV appearance and make it worse. 

Guy, the second you see those tweets go out, you RT and say something like, "WHO'S ON FIRST?? Not my finest moment... 😳"

Show the world you can laugh at yourself, and the Twitter jackals would have focused on Inghram. You could have walked away from this burning car, instead you rolled the windows up. Just..... Dumb. 

OK was it shtick? I can't tell which would be funnier/worse/whatever
Yeah, that's what it was.

Fox News said, hey you know what the elderly need between reverse mortgage commercials? Absurdist shtick that none of them will think is a joke. 

What we have here is a clear cut case of two people talking past each other, and both people are too stupid to realize it. 

Does this mean I should start believing in God again?
It means you should be extremely concerned at these types of political attacks and not make jokes.

I know for damn sure you wouldnt be joking if someone had done this to cnn or msnbc.  You would be declaring that it was a "White Supremacy and racist" attack.

Its NEVER okay to do this.

This is like a bonanza of content for their news entertainment division. A "war on Christmas", lawlessness...imagery and storylines abounds.
Ainsley Earhardt on the Fox Christmas tree: "It's a tree that unites us. It brings us together. It's about the Christmas spirit. It is about the holiday season. It's about Jesus. It's about Hanukkah. It is about everything that we stand for as a country." https://t.co/fV8Hg2juHI

🕎

Users who are viewing this thread