What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flooring Guys....Talk to me about LVP (1 Viewer)

The Commish

Footballguy
:oldunsure:

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this LVP product.

We are moving to Florida and all the wood floors (engineered wood floors) need to be replaced in the house we are buying.  My initial thought was to get the wood tiles, but while looking at house we noticed a lot of this LVP product and it seems pretty nice.  A cursory look on the internet has me looking into this product.  I know nothing is ever 100% waterproof.  There are always holes to be cut etc.  Any info on this stuff would be helpful.

We will have a pool and we have 9 and 5 year olds and I just envision water in the house all the time.

I have never had LVP, but have had the tile wood planks, and laminate in homes.

Wood tiles are the clear cut #1 choice for me, even over wood.  It looks just like wood, but has the durability of tile.

I currently have a thick plank laminate flooring.  It's really nice, durable, no wear ) scratches after 4.5 years.  I also have a pool, but don't have the laminate in any areas where water is an issue.  My only complaint about the laminate floor is the creeking, when you step on certain places.  

The primary benefit of the Vinyl is the water resistance.  I'm not sure of price, but you could always get a few hundred extra square feet of laminate in case you had a water issue.  I did this in case there is ever damage.  So far I haven't had any.  

Love the wood tile look in my house.  I did a small room as a sort of test with some hand scraped looking darker tiles.  Turned out great and no hassle of wood or laminate.  Very happy so far.  Here's a pic of my office before everything went back in.  Gonna do the rest of the house in the next couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in the midst of a total home remodel. It is a daylight basement rambler, of significant size. So we were looking for a flooring option that looked good but was very inexpensive, particularly for the downstairs. 

I believe the product we chose for the basement is in the LVP category, though it describes itself as a laminate.

It looks very good, and at $1.76 sq ft for the product, you can't beat the price. The water resistant / water proof ones cost more than that though.

I have never had LVP, but have had the tile wood planks, and laminate in homes.

Wood tiles are the clear cut #1 choice for me, even over wood.  It looks just like wood, but has the durability of tile.

I currently have a thick plank laminate flooring.  It's really nice, durable, no wear ) scratches after 4.5 years.  I also have a pool, but don't have the laminate in any areas where water is an issue.  My only complaint about the laminate floor is the creeking, when you step on certain places.  

The primary benefit of the Vinyl is the water resistance.  I'm not sure of price, but you could always get a few hundred extra square feet of laminate in case you had a water issue.  I did this in case there is ever damage.  So far I haven't had any.  
There's no question about the wood tiles and their quality.  I'd absolutely be happy with them in our house.  The price tag is significantly different between the tile and the LVP and it's the primary reason I am thinking twice.  Every installation of this LVP stuff that I saw had me guessing if it was tile, actual wood or LVP.  The best part about it is that walking on it is not like walking on laminate.  The other part that gave me pause was talking with a tile buddy of mine who was asked to grout some of this LVP stuff (yes, that's an option) and when HE looked at it, he thought it was tile.  So if this stuff looks this good and it costs a third of what tile would, it's moving quickly up my list of options.

I put some of the cheaper stuff in my daughter's bathroom. It looks pretty good and has held up really well in the year that it's been in there. The ones I got look like stone. 

If I were putting it in a larger area that is more visible, I'd definitely put down the nicer ones that actually click together. The ones I got are a little bit thinner and glued together with self-adhesive strips. The higher quality ones are thicker, more durable and have a more realistic finish and feel to them. 

I would definitely check them out in person first before making any purchases because even among the nice ones, some felt like real wood while others definitely seemed fake.

I put some of the cheaper stuff in my daughter's bathroom. It looks pretty good and has held up really well in the year that it's been in there. The ones I got look like stone. 

If I were putting it in a larger area that is more visible, I'd definitely put down the nicer ones that actually click together. The ones I got are a little bit thinner and glued together with self-adhesive strips. The higher quality ones are thicker, more durable and have a more realistic finish and feel to them. 

I would definitely check them out in person first before making any purchases because even among the nice ones, some felt like real wood while others definitely seemed fake.
I noticed this as well.  We do have a local place here that I went and saw with my own eyes.  The nicest stuff they had was about $2.50 a square foot and I couldn't tell a difference.  It was 4mm thick with a cork backing...long planks that just click together.

Users who are viewing this thread