What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Floor Guys: Questions about laminate or luxury vinyl flooring (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
1. I’ve seen some waterproof flooring that’s backed with cork and some backed with foam. Is one better than the other? I’ve heard different opinions.

2. Does the the size (height) of the floor mean anything? Like if you’re comparing 14mm planks to 22mm ones.

1. I’ve seen some waterproof flooring that’s backed with cork and some backed with foam. Is one better than the other? I’ve heard different opinions.

2. Does the the size (height) of the floor mean anything? Like if you’re comparing 14mm planks to 22mm ones.
1. Never used cork. I would assume there might be differences in sound dampening and moisture resistance.

2. Size matters. I would assume the thicker stuff would be more resistant to environmental changes. I've seen a lot of floors buckle and warp but what I'm looking at is several years old and the technology has made huge jumps.

My brother runs a construction company and they are installing vinyl in a lot of places now. It is far easier to maintain and looks fantastic. As a homeowner with 4 dogs, vinyl is what my brother has recommended we install. It is also a lot easier to install than tile and a lot cheaper.

My brother runs a construction company and they are installing vinyl in a lot of places now. It is far easier to maintain and looks fantastic. As a homeowner with 4 dogs, vinyl is what my brother has recommended we install. It is also a lot easier to install than tile and a lot cheaper.
A coworker recently installed the vinyl in his house and loves it. Like you, he's got multiple dogs and says you can't hurt this stuff. I don't know what brand he used - whatever Lowes sells.

3 years ago, my house flooded and I had to replace the wood flooring in my kitchen/dining room. I wasn't thinking and immediately just chose the waterproof laminate. It's fine, but I don't have pets and kids (& only the occasional lady in 9" spiked heels) so it still looks good and I think it'll hold up well as long as I'm in this house. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have gone with vinyl but the price comparison would come into play as I was working within State Farm's budget.

We used COREtec and are pleased with the results. Unlike our engineered wood floors (hate lumber liquidators btw) they don't have to be babied, almost indestructible.

My realtor told me when we were house shopping two years ago, more and more people are even replacing their existing wood floors for LVT.

We just finished our basement and put in LVT planks and they look awesome! Easy to install as well.

Users who are viewing this thread