What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Fantasy season/players? (1 Viewer)

Bengalsfan

Footballguy
We've all had those magical seasons when we had a couple of stud players that simply put up points week after week and carried us to FF heaven. I'll never forget the 99 season when I had Kurt Warner and Edgerrin James and a solid cast of supporting characters and just steamrolled through my local league.

What is your favorite season? Or who are your favorite players you've had?

Two seasons ago, Marshawn Lynch suddenly explodes in the middle of the season. It's the one that's the freshest on my mind.

I also loved Chris Johnson's rookie season where I drafted him as a handcuff to Lendale White, and I ended up being able to start them both almost every week, cruising to a title.

In 2011 I was in a little 8 mean home league, start 2QB's, with Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Rob Gronkowski, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Carson Palmer, Aaron Hernandez, Dez Bryant...even for an 8 man that was a killer lineup and I dominated.

In 2007 my wife had a team in our 12 person home league with Tomlinson (#1 pick, and worth it), Reggie Wayne (his career year), and Tom Brady (first season with Moss) as her first three picks.

And this year I have, in a 12 team league, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, and Rob Gronkowski. Also Stafford. RB isn't as hot, but damn those are some sweet WR and TE I wrangled up

2006. Had the 3rd pick and was praying my brother at No. 2 would take Shaun Alexander, who I just knew was due for a letdown (I was right). That left me Larry Johnson in his "run him until the wheels fall off" year. A couple rounds later I got Westbrook, undervalued because he was coming off an injury. And late in the draft I got the sleeper who had sat on my bench the entire previous season, but who finally seemed ready to claim his team's starting RB job: Frank Gore.

Rest of my roster was solid (Bulger, Torry Holt, Lee Evans, Winslow) but being able to trot those three RBs out there week after week was just awesome. My biggest competition was the team with LT in his career year, but I beat him in the final week of the regular season to clinch the No. 1 seed, and then just dominated in the playoffs. You know how Yahoo's Stat Tracker shows you your optimal line-up each week, and how cool it feels when you click on that tab and nothing changes? That was me in my championship.

I don't even remember the year, but one season Amani Toomer scored 3 TDs for me in the championship game. I had a stacked team with C-Mart, Vick, Gonzo, and others, but that put me over the edge. I still have the cheesy ESPN FF t-shirt that I won as a result of that sitting around in a drawer somewhere.

I enjoy those years where I just don't have it and seem to get to the title game anyway. In 2008, after losing a bunch of RBs to injury, I ended up running the regular season/playoff table while rolling with Tyler Thigpen at QB and Mark Bradley at WR when they played in KC. Those years are fun.

That same team this year has lost Julio Jones, Bradshaw, Mayo and Weatherspoon and I'm still trying to hang in there, a game out of the wild card.

Last season All Day...felt great picking him up in the late 2nd round of a 16 team league and watching him do his thing.

Dug me out of an 0-3 start to go 9-1 the rest of the season all the way to the number 1 seed.

We play three receivers in my primary league, and in 1995 (the year that WR's just went crazy) I drafted Carl Pickens (CIN), Robert Brooks (GBP), and capped it with Isaac Bruce (StL - 12th round)... they all played every game and I believe all finished in the Top-5 WR FF pts.

1998. The one year I can say that I completely steamrolled my way to a fantasy football title:

QB - Steve Young

RB - Terrell Davis

RB - Jamal Anderson

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Terrell Owens

Flex - Fred Taylor (started out on my bench and missed his coming out party after James Stewart was injured)

TE - Freddie Jones

K - Gary Anderson

DEF - Miami Dolphins

My 12 team PPR Re-draft, now in it's 13th year, only has one perfect season, and it was mine in 2005.

Mainly on the back of PPR monsters Ladainian Tomlinson (20 TDs, 50 catches), Lamont Jordan (12 TDs, 70 catches), Steve Smith (103 catches, 12 TDs) and Antonio Gates (89 catches, 10 TDs)

Unfortunately we left CBS Sportsline in 2008, so I don't have the full games and rosters any more, but that's who I remember from that perfect year.

In my main redraft league, this is our 11th year, and I've won 5 titles, including the last 4:

2003- Don't remember many details about this team, but I remember trading for Ladanian Tomlinson and him being great through the year. Torry Holt, Fred Taylor and a young Chad Johnson helped me claim my first title too.

2009- Late season pickups Jonathan Stewart(222 yards TD) and Jerome Harrison(148 yards TD) for their great week 16's. Miles Austin for coming out of nowhere, and putting up big numbers in the semi finals.

2010- Traded for Michael Vick the game game before his 6 TD game against the Skins. He put up video game numbers the rest of the year, except for week 16, but he did just enough to get me the win. I remember the Patriots D, being great the last couple of weeks for me.

2011- I'm a Viking fan, but probably number one on this list goes to Aaron Rodgers. I was made fun of for taking him so high in our draft that year and he made me look like a genius. Insane, consistent numbers the whole year. Fred Jackson was huge for me all year and when he went down with an injury late, I was devastated. It was suppose to be a committee between Johnny White and the disappointing CJ Spiller. CJ took the job and ran with it, having a great last couple of weeks, including week 16. These guys and others helped me to the best week, year, and record in our league's history.

2012- Cam Newton and Jamaal Charles had bad starts and I bought low on both of them, and they killed it the rest of the way, including Charles' huge week 16. I took Adrian Peterson in the 2nd, after he fell because of his ACL injury. He went on to have the greatest final 9 weeks in NFL history for a RB, elevating my team to unstoppable. Jimmy Graham was my controversial 1st round pick this year. Even though his year didn't live up to expectations, he deserves to be on this list because I've had him on this redraft team every year of his career and he's helped me win many games.

The 2006 Ladell Betts run through the fantasy playoffs. If you had him, you already know what I'm talking about.

I can recall Natone Means leading me to a title....

Larry Johnson in the 5th round as a backup to Priest carried me to a title one year as well...

1990 stands out to me... drafted Randall Cunningham and picked up a rookie named Emmitt off waivers.

ETA: I was 10 years old at the time and "co-managing" a team with my dad. Picked up Emmitt while my dad was out of town on a business trip. In retrospect, that could have been disastrous.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple come to mind.

I had drafted Trent Green, picked up Kurt Warner in the 16th rd. only because I ran our of players to draft and had no idea who Warner even was. Of course Green get hurt and the rest is history I also had Faulk and Isaac Bruce the same year. Most of my games were over by the 2:30pm on Sunday. With Warner, Faulk and Bruce rolling up TDs and yardage. This was before smart phones..I would look at the computer and many weeks I had 30-40 points before 2pm

I had Randy Moss and Culpepper together for one year. It was Culpeppers best year..threw a bunch of TDs to Moss and ran in a bunch with a QB draw from the 1-2. When they were inside the 5 it was automatic. Either a fade to Moss or a QB draw.

A couple come to mind.

I had drafted Trent Green, picked up Kurt Warner in the 16th rd. only because I ran our of players to draft and had no idea who Warner even was. Of course Green get hurt and the rest is history I also had Faulk and Isaac Bruce the same year. Most of my games were over by the 2:30pm on Sunday. With Warner, Faulk and Bruce rolling up TDs and yardage. This was before smart phones..I would look at the computer and many weeks I had 30-40 points before 2pm

I had Randy Moss and Culpepper together for one year. It was Culpeppers best year..threw a bunch of TDs to Moss and ran in a bunch with a QB draw from the 1-2. When they were inside the 5 it was automatic. Either a fade to Moss or a QB draw.
You must have drafted very early that year to have taken Trent Green, I think he was injured in the 2nd preseason game.

My favorite year was '05 when Shaun Alexander went absolute bonkers. He carried my team, while I had solid role players in Lamont Jordan, Mike Anderson, Terry Glenn, Lee Evans, Kerry Collins, and Matt Hasselbeck in a start 2 QB league. I remember Alexander had a couple 4 TD games and a couple 3 TD games that season. (including one week of the fantasy playoffs).

In recent memory? Probably last year? The amount of upside picks turned huge was just out of control. Had Michael Crabtree, Arian Foster, Tony G, RG3, VJax, Julio, Marshawn Lynch, Alfred MOrris, Trent Richardson also for you IDP guys I had Russell Allen and Bobby Wagner as well. Only made about 5 roster moves all season, one of which was to snag Danario Alexander. It was just one hell of a season all around. Went 13-0, won a bunch of money and I'm missing that season this year.

2010 was kind of amazing also... had Jimmy Graham in his breakout year, Arian Foster, Eric Decker & Timmy Tebow, Welker and Roddy. Also had Darren Sproles who finished as the RB1 in my league that season (return yardage league). These past few seasons have been a lot of fun.

Last season... Dez Bryant.

From about Week 10 through the end of the playoffs, the dude was flat out money.

The run Larry Johnson went on the 2nd half of 2005 was absolutely awesome and it led me to my first title. I mean every week just crazy rushing AND receiving numbers with a bunch of multiple td outings.

22 107 4.86 2 3 48 16.0 0

27 132 4.89 0 5 46 9.20 0

36 211 5.86 2 1 6 6.00 0

31 119 3.84 1 5 53 10.6 0

30 140 4.67 2 2 9 4.5 0

26 143 5.50 3 3 28 9.33 0

31 167 5.39 2 2 17 8.5 0

32 131 4.09 1 4 48 12.0 1

26 201 7.73 3 2 21 10.5 0

'01. Took Emmit Smith and The Bus as my top 2 backs. These guys both managed to eek out 1,000 yard rushing seasons, but both missed time at various stages of the season due to injury.

What worked out really well was backing them up with Priest Holmes in Round 6, after he had come off a season riding the pine behind rookie Jamal Lewis' huge 1st year in Baltimore. Lots of people scratching their heads as to why I wasted a 6th round pick on an also ran RB from the Ravens that went to a 6-10 Chiefs team in the offseason.

This was also the season that started the Brady legacy, and I had drafted a very versatile Troy Brown in the mid rounds (hoping Bledsoe would rely on him) and drafted Antowain Smith close to the last round of the draft.

Bledsoe got popped in the 2nd game of the year, effectively ending his career, and on comes 6th round pick Brady. I didn't bother grabbing Brady, but it didn't matter. I had his top two weapons that he used to win the Superbowl - Troy Brown and Antowain Smith.

Brown put up 1,200 receiving yards, and as we got the the tail end of the season that year, I actually had both Emmit and The Bus on my bench as Antowain Smith went for 12 touchdowns and Priest Holmes piled up over 2,100 yards from scrimmage as an all purpose back. Basically rode these 3 back end of the draft guys (Preist,A Smith and Brown) to the Championship, playing QB roulette all along the way with guys like Brunnel.

Very fun season.

You must have drafted very early that year to have taken Trent Green, I think he was injured in the 2nd preseason game.
He was hit in the knee by Rodney Harrison in the 3rd preseason game. Very cheap shot, Harrison was just as dirty at that time as Suh is today, although his image now as a broadcaster doesn't reflect it.

Remember this vividly, as our draft that year was actually in process while this Rams v Chargers game was playing on TV, and a buddy of mine had drafted Green no more than 30 minutes prior to his hit occurring.

Jerry Rice was always money. You never wanted to face him when the 49ers played on MNF.

I remember before that a few seasons of PPR where Herman Moore (Lions WR) was a monster for me.

Emmit was a steady point machine.

2009 2qb league. Drafted Brees early, Chris Johnson 2k year, Brandon Lloyd off waivers and picked up Farve late in the draft. Farve as your 2nd qb in that vikings year was almost unstoppable. 14 game laughable win streak to close the year.

The run Larry Johnson went on the 2nd half of 2005 was absolutely awesome and it led me to my first title. I mean every week just crazy rushing AND receiving numbers with a bunch of multiple td outings.

22 107 4.86 2 3 48 16.0 0

27 132 4.89 0 5 46 9.20 0

36 211 5.86 2 1 6 6.00 0

31 119 3.84 1 5 53 10.6 0

30 140 4.67 2 2 9 4.5 0

26 143 5.50 3 3 28 9.33 0

31 167 5.39 2 2 17 8.5 0

32 131 4.09 1 4 48 12.0 1

26 201 7.73 3 2 21 10.5 0
This was the first year of my dynasty league.

I drafted Shaun Alexander mid-round-1, he had slipped a bit because he had been around for awhile, and Brian Westbrook in the 2nd. Westbrook was in the middle of a holdout during 2005 camp and I had totally forgotten....so I got scared and took Larry Johnson in the 4th. Alexander had 1,880 rushing yards and 28 total TD, and LJ had the insane 2nd half you're talking about above. Westbrook got hurt and missed a bit of the end of the season, but was still a 600/600/7 player. Alexander and LJ carried me to a title. Alexander was never the same after that. LJ and Westbrook got me to the title game the next year, IIRC, but I lost. The team was crap after that.

I remember in a separate league in 2002, I had both Ricky Williams (AFC rushing leader) and Deuce McAllister (NFC rushing leader). Won that year as well.

Two seasons ago I had Megatron, AJ Green (Rookie), and Brandon Marshall at WR, and had McCoy, and Marshawn Lynch at RB. My QB and TE were just average. The sad part is that after dominating the league, I ended up losing because at that time, we played our finals in week 17 (stupid oversight by commish, fixed now).

In 1998 I had (position rankings in parentheses);

Randall Cunningham (2)

Jammal Anderson (2)

Fred Taylor (4)

Randy Moss (1)

Antonio Freeman (2)

Eric Moulds (4)

It was total domination.

It was a keeper league and amazingly enough, I ended up drafting Stephen Davis and Brad Johnson the next year. Both of those guys ended up in the top 5 of their position. Unfortunately for me, Freeman, Taylor and Anderson all had injury issues and were terrible. I also traded Brad Johnson and Stephen Davis early for total stud and future HOFer Steve Young...who literally had his career ended the week after I traded for him. Went from the most dominant team in my league's history to middle of the pack really fast (thank goodness for Kurt Warner helping me not be atrocious).

2005 Larry Johnson

2006 Ladainian Tomlinson

2010 Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Antonio Gates (1 td every week for first 10 weeks)

2012 RG III paired with Peyton Manning, Adriann Peterson, C.J. Spiller

In 2008, my RBs were Brian Westbrook and Marshawn Lynch, but I had no depth behind them. When Westbrook suffered his requisite injury, I was forced to turn to Mewelde Moore, who had just earned the starting gig in Pittsburgh because of injuries ahead of him. Moore responded with 134 yards and 3 TDs, and added 240 more yards and 3 more TDs over the next three weeks before getting buried again on the depth chart. Moore helped me steal a pair of wins, I snuck into the playoffs at 6-7 (but 3rd in points scored- terrible schedule luck), and then my team went berserk and dominated its way to a SB title.

I also owned Jonathan Stewart in a lot of leagues in 2009. I won a lot of championships in 2009, too. These two things are not unrelated. Probably my highest ratio of owning a player to winning a championship in my personal fantasy history.

2010 Vick for me. I'd drafted Kolb and it was the first year we went to blind bidding. Bid 21 out of 250 and with Bowe, McCoy and Forte I had a superb season.

The other one is Cam last year. I was lucky in that I traded for him at the midpoint when everyone was down about his slow start and he got hot at just the right time and won me another title

1990 stands out to me... drafted Randall Cunningham and picked up a rookie named Emmitt off waivers.

ETA: I was 10 years old at the time and "co-managing" a team with my dad. Picked up Emmitt while my dad was out of town on a business trip. In retrospect, that could have been disastrous.
I had Warren Moon that year. Oilers passing game was money. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Users who are viewing this thread