What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fajitas (1 Viewer)

I'm not a recipe follower, more of a what do I have on hand chef.

I prefer to marinate chicken fajitas in any kind of citrus juice on hand, soy sauce and whatever seasonings are around. If there's no citrus juice I will use vinegar instead, preferably out of the jalapeño jar.

Love how the SoCal bros are like "bro, just down to your local carniceria and grab up their freshest asada, pastor or Pollo and snap up some tamales from the seniorita on the corner of Ventura and 101".....this dude might live in Iowa, Spicolis
Hey, he asked for MY best fajita recipe........and I gave it him. I can't help if he doesn't have the resources to follow my recipe.

i have a lot of rubs and misc chili powders around and mix it up.

i'll make an achiote paste
tequila, garlic, lime
tomatillo, cilantro
chipotle

etc

Love how the SoCal bros are like "bro, just down to your local carniceria and grab up their freshest asada, pastor or Pollo and snap up some tamales from the seniorita on the corner of Ventura and 101".....this dude might live in Iowa, Spicolis
Hey, he asked for MY best fajita recipe........and I gave it him. I can't help if he doesn't have the resources to follow my recipe.
Yep. We are getting food from the local establishment right now. I'm having Tamales Nuevo Mexico. (Pork tamales topped with chili con carne.) Yum.

Love how the SoCal bros are like "bruh, just head down to your local carniceria and grab up their freshest asada, pastor or Pollo and snap up some tamales from the seniorita on the corner of Ventura and THE 101".....this dude might live in Iowa, Spicolis
Hey Santos’ wife Maria makes tamales. Just let me know what kind and how many. She can do up to 200

ETA: she’s off THE 55 in Santa Ana

Kenjis carne asada marinade from serious eats works incredible well with chicken too. Best I’ve had by far.

Love how the SoCal bros are like "bruh, just head down to your local carniceria and grab up their freshest asada, pastor or Pollo and snap up some tamales from the seniorita on the corner of Ventura and THE 101".....this dude might live in Iowa, Spicolis
Hey Santos’ wife Maria makes tamales. Just let me know what kind and how many. She can do up to 200

I ate some pricy meals last time I was in LA, but my favorite was the one at Casablanca with the tableside margs and the Mamacita making fresh tortillas in the dining room.

I ate some pricy meals last time I was in LA, but my favorite was the one at Casablanca with the tableside margs and the Mamacita making fresh tortillas in the dining room.
That looks nice, although the "chicken belly dancers" are problematic.

It's not the BEST I've ever made, but I use it a lot for the ease and flavor. Super simple...
  • ~2 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken thighs
  • A bottle of the cheapest, ****tiest picante sauce (some sort of generic Pace)
  • A packet of fajita or taco seasoning (the white people taco night stuff)
  • A lime's worth of juice.
Throw it all in a gallon ziplock and massage the chicken to mix everything together. Throw it on the grill the next day. We usually have a big Costco shaker of taco seasoning as it's my daughter's favorite meal when we are eating something she doesn't like, so I'll usually slice up some onions and poblano peppers and mix them with some of the seasoning and oil and throw that on the grill as well.

It sounds super mid-west-mom, but it does a remarkably good job. It's better than nearly all of chicken fajitas I can get in Colorado, and better than most of the tex-mex places (tex-mex is all about the Fajitas) we visit in Houston where my wife's family lives.

Users who are viewing this thread