What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Can you assist me in determining the value of SMITH-NJIGBA in a 1 QB, PPR 12-team league when trading for him? I am offering 1.10, is that too low or too high? just right?
I think it's just right myself.

He's probably be my WR5 if I had to line them up and draft right now but he's not in what I'd view as an overly great situation and I expect with some post-draft clarity the odds are higher he'll fall lower then higher from that spot. Mix in a few RB's, Bowers and a maybe your league typically sees a QB or two go that high and all in all it seems right to me, right in the sense if you threw him back in the draft that's the range I think he'd go, give or take a pick or two.

FFPC, which is TEP who does everyone prefer - Bijan or Laporta?

I typically like to build my teams around WR and TE and mix in older cheaper RBs but we are talking about Bijan so I am unsure myself

Henry and Mixon are popular choices, I appreciate Pollard's value, he was surprisingly affordable in some leagues where I picked him up.
Good thoughts, I was looking at Aaron Jones as well though he has a lot of uncertainty in the offense
A.Jones is another affordable choice. I believe that after the NFL draft, there might be 2-3 more running backs available at discounted prices.

I typically like to build my teams around WR and TE and mix in older cheaper RBs but we are talking about Bijan so I am unsure myself
Not going out on a limb to suggest that's most people's dynasty RB1 and TE1 so interesting.

I actually countered a trade offer someone made me a few months ago with Laporta for Bijan, they were not really thrilled about my counter, lol. They are basically player 4 in startups for player 13 so based on that and response to my trade feels like a litttle gap does exist on the Bijan side. And that would be my preference as well, for Bijan.

My only holdup at all is it truly makes me recall all the way back in 2012 when in this format I dealt Gronk in this format, which at the time was a guy seen as TE1 or TE2 for a RB seen as a top RB. Just gives me those bad feelings a little, but I'd push them aside and go with Bijan.

So in 1 QB leagues the pretty obvious consensus top 4 guys are MH, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers.
What if anything realistic on draft day could change that?

Henry and Mixon are popular choices, I appreciate Pollard's value, he was surprisingly affordable in some leagues where I picked him up.
Good thoughts, I was looking at Aaron Jones as well though he has a lot of uncertainty in the offense
A.Jones is another affordable choice. I believe that after the NFL draft, there might be 2-3 more running backs available at discounted prices.
Have you got a gauge on how people are valuing Josh Jacobs with Green Bay? Value dipping given 2nd team deal and drop off in production or excitement about the new offense?

Last edited:
So in 1 QB leagues the pretty obvious consensus top 4 guys are MH, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers.
I think Dallas making an aggressive move for a RB could push Bowers back a spot. Especially if Bowers ends up in Indy where they are likely to have a low pass volume offense with a lot of rushes going to the QB and RB, a target hog possession WR and a talented young slot WR.

There are only a few RB1s left in the NFL landscape, and Bjan is definitely one of them. TEP has raised Laporta's value to match Bjan's, but I truly believe Bjan is set to shine this season and establish himself as a top RB for years to come. Despite that, Laporta remains my top choice. In my TEP leagues, it's always a struggle to even start discussions about trading for a top TE - it usually requires offering a significant amount of value. In my experience, acquiring a top TE is much more challenging than getting a top RB.

Have you got a gauge on how people are valuing Josh Jacobs with Green Bay? Value given 2nd team deal and drop off in production or excitement about the new offense?
I'm a bit surprised that I haven't come across any favorable deals involving Jacobs in my leagues. Many are still holding onto the hope that his numbers will improve, and match his performance two years ago.

There are only a few RB1s left in the NFL landscape, and Bjan is definitely one of them. TEP has raised Laporta's value to match Bjan's, but I truly believe Bjan is set to shine this season and establish himself as a top RB for years to come. Despite that, Laporta remains my top choice. In my TEP leagues, it's always a struggle to even start discussions about trading for a top TE - it usually requires offering a significant amount of value. In my experience, acquiring a top TE is much more challenging than getting a top RB.
That is fair. Also, one could make a pretty fair case for Bijan vs Breece vs Gibbs as RB1. LaPorta seems pretty locked in at TE1.

I think Dallas making an aggressive move for a RB could push Bowers back a spot. Especially if Bowers ends up in Indy where they are likely to have a low pass volume offense with a lot of rushes going to the QB and RB, a target hog possession WR and a talented young slot WR.
I look at Dallas taking someone like a Brooks, Benson type in round 2 and the Bills grabbing a Brian Thomas Jr as specific/realistic examples. In both cases this seems realistic/possible even if you added some other RB's and WR's to these teams. Its the ideal landing spots to change value, would think even if the consensus 4 held as a whole you'd see players who landed in these spots in those rounds creep into the top 4 in at least some places.

I have Bijan in a league & wouldn’t move him for LaPorta - and I love me some LaPorta.

Can you assist me in determining the value of SMITH-NJIGBA in a 1 QB, PPR 12-team league when trading for him? I am offering 1.10, is that too low or too high? just right?
I think it's just right myself.

He's probably be my WR5 if I had to line them up and draft right now but he's not in what I'd view as an overly great situation and I expect with some post-draft clarity the odds are higher he'll fall lower then higher from that spot. Mix in a few RB's, Bowers and a maybe your league typically sees a QB or two go that high and all in all it seems right to me, right in the sense if you threw him back in the draft that's the range I think he'd go, give or take a pick or two.

Better yet, don’t trade for JSN.

If you have a win now team, who are the RBs you target for cheap?
Warren, chuba

RS might still be a buy low but likely not cheap.

Also dudes in CHI behind Swift.
Ok, I really like this answer. We are talking cheap here for sure.

I dealt a 2025 2nd for Chuba and a 4th at the cutdown deadline in FFPC. You won’t get that now but he remains IMO the best, cheapest buy low RB. Carolina is gonna pound the rock this year.

Last edited:

Purely in terms of trade value, I'm taking Bijan. In FFPC, the perception, to me, has always been that RB1 >>> TE1, even if it's TE-premium. In the shorter windows in which I like to work in FFPC, I think Bijan will hold his value better. TEs ebb and flow too much. Even Jonathan Taylor, who was RB1 at one point but has had two disappointing seasons in a row, is still a top-5 RB in startups.

If we're looking at the best RB you might be able to get straight up for LaPorta, I'd probably say Gibbs.

Where does McBride fall in dynasty TE ranks for everyone? What would you be willing to give up for him in a 1.5 TE Premium that you can start multiple TE’s?

I’m trying to work on the McBride owner in my league and I’m considering Ferguson, 2025 1st and 2nd.

Edit: current TE room: Pitts, Ferguson, Musgrave, Chig

Where does McBride fall in dynasty TE ranks for everyone? What would you be willing to give up for him in a 1.5 TE Premium that you can start multiple TE’s?

I’m trying to work on the McBride owner in my league and I’m considering Ferguson, 2025 1st and 2nd.

Edit: current TE room: Pitts, Ferguson, Musgrave, Chig

He's probably TE3 for me in FFPC, which uses that TE scoring.

In FFPC superflex (Triflex), I recently paid Andrews and 2.08 for McBride.

In FFPC 1 QB startups, Bowers (TE2) and McBride (TE3) are very close in ADP. Bowers is currently the rookie 1.03. So I would say that Ferguson, '25 1st and 2nd is probably a fair offer for the 1.03/1.04 pick this year, which is McBride's approximate value.

Purely in terms of trade value, I'm taking Bijan. In FFPC, the perception, to me, has always been that RB1 >>> TE1, even if it's TE-premium. In the shorter windows in which I like to work in FFPC, I think Bijan will hold his value better. TEs ebb and flow too much. Even Jonathan Taylor, who was RB1 at one point but has had two disappointing seasons in a row, is still a top-5 RB in startups.

If we're looking at the best RB you might be able to get straight up for LaPorta, I'd probably say Gibbs.
I agree Bijan is superior asset even in TEP. As a result I was able to move Bijan, AJ Brown, Allgeier and Cade Otton and got Laporta, Garrett Wilson, 1.07 and 2.02 in return.

Value check on Sam Darnold?

Subject to dramatic swing depending on the NFL draft I’m assuming?
Late to the party, but I have darnold in the 2.09-3.01 range assuming 12 team SF. I can see a path to serviceability, but I can also see him out of the league next season. I've always kinda routed for the guy because I think he was absolutely traumatized by his time with the Jets, but he needs to start producing or he'll be bagging groceries next season.

16 team PPR, SF, TE-P, IDP

Which side ya like?

A - Kincaid + Tee Higgins + 2026 2nd (likely mid, but who knows)

-or-

B - AJB + Thibadeaux + 2026 1st (likey
late but who knows)

Which side ya like?

-or-

late but who knows)
While I admit I don’t know the IDP value of Thib I think in TE+ Kincaid slightly > AJB Puts me in “I’ll take door # 1” please. (A)
The mid 2 late 1 is minor

Which side ya like?

-or-

late but who knows)
While I admit I don’t know the IDP value of Thib I think in TE+ Kincaid slightly > AJB Puts me in “I’ll take door # 1” please. (A)
The mid 2 late 1 is minor
Thib is a 23 y/o considered top 10 DE. Definitely a valuable IDP asset, especially in “big play” scoring systems. E.g. capable of 40+ point games with SFL, TFL, etc,

I agree Bijan is superior asset even in TEP. As a result I was able to move Bijan, AJ Brown, Allgeier and Cade Otton and got Laporta, Garrett Wilson, 1.07 and 2.02 in return.
Great trade for you. In my home league give me LaPorta for the next 11 years over Bijan for the next 6 years. I got Wilson over Brown but the 2 picks put it severely on your side. But my home league only need 1 RB and can start 3 TEs instead. RBs are going 15th pick overall at earliest this year. Sanders, Sinnott, Johnson might go ahead if better draft capital and landing spot over Brooks, Benson, Wright or Corum.

Which side ya like?

-or-

late but who knows)
In my home league scoring giv3 me the Kincaid side easily. TE just so hard to find. DE with MFL putting edge rushers there is easy to find. Bowers going top 5 in upcoming rookie in my mocks. Sanders, Sinnott are between 14-25 depending on capital and spot. Turner/Verse/Murphy/Chop starting at 33 to 40 depending on how Off lines up

Last year Kincaid #7 pick, Anderson #21. Mayer #10. Wilson #32 as 2nd in each.

I think at least one of the big 4 (includes Bowers) is going to be drafted by a team with an anemic passing game, and that will tank their value. Meanwhile, if the Bolts takes one of the big 4 that guy probably challenges MHJr for the 1.01.

The Bills and Chiefs probably end up with WRs from the second tier, and that is going to excite the FF world. I mean, Xavier Worthy on the Bills, or Brian Thomas on the Chiefs, vs Nabers on the Giants?

I think at least one of the big 4 (includes Bowers) is going to be drafted by a team with an anemic passing game, and that will tank their value. Meanwhile, if the Bolts takes one of the big 4 that guy probably challenges MHJr for the 1.01.

The Bills and Chiefs probably end up with WRs from the second tier, and that is going to excite the FF world. I mean, Xavier Worthy on the Bills, or Brian Thomas on the Chiefs, vs Nabers on the Giants?

I agree in your scenario being likely. I’d be fine with Nabers on the Giants, Danny Dimes will be gone by next year IMO. More worried about Nabers or Rome on Atl or Chi or NYJ type situations where there’s already established, younger guys. Maybe a better offense on paper initially in some cases but a lot more competition for targets. Bowers slightly more insulated since TE is a different role.

Edited to add: made the trade

Was offered 1.02 for my 1.06 and 1.12 in a SF TE+ large bench league. 100% rebuild team. I think the trade value is there to make this deal, but I really could use warm bodies, especially at QB.

Pre draft I was looking at odunze at 1.06, JJM at 1.07 and bpa at 1.12 with the idea that I won't really compete until 2026.

Now, though there's a significant chance that 4 QBs and MHJ will be gone before my pick which leaves me with Nabers/Odunze at 1.06, BPA at 1.07 and maybe Bo Nix at 1.12.

If I make the trade, the 1.02 spot is pretty desirable. Dude with the 1.01 has 3 solid starting QBs so he may take MHJ.

Still confused on the direct to take. Any words of wisdom?

Last edited:
I’m not sure why, but I’m suddenly very luke warm on almost this entire class now. It just seems like the landing spots aren’t the greatest, and a lot of these guys are falling in behind legit vets.

I’ve lost my 2024 rookie mojo.
Same. I’ve got the 1.09 in a 1QB and am either trying to move up to 4-5 or out of the 1st completely.

I’m not sure why, but I’m suddenly very luke warm on almost this entire class now. It just seems like the landing spots aren’t the greatest, and a lot of these guys are falling in behind legit vets.

I'm very opposite, I'm really liking this rookie draft now. Lots of offensive players went 1st round in the NFL draft and many to teams of need. I think the landing spots are good due to need. Moreover there will be some very very good players available at the top/mid second round of rookie drafts.

Was offered 1.02 for my 1.06 and 1.12 in a SF TE+ large bench league. 100% rebuild team. I think the trade value is there to make this deal, but I really could use warm bodies, especially at QB.

Pre draft I was looking at odunze at 1.06, JJM at 1.07 and bpa at 1.12 with the idea that I won't really compete until 2026.

Now, though there's a significant chance that 4 QBs and MHJ will be gone before my pick which leaves me with Nabers/Odunze at 1.06, BPA at 1.07 and maybe Bo Nix at 1.12.

If I make the trade, the 1.02 spot is pretty desirable. Dude with the 1.01 has 3 solid starting QBs so he may take MHJ.

If you can indeed get Caleb at 1.02 that would be great for your team. I don't think you can go wrong with adding Caleb who should be put in a great position to succeed. I think it is a fair deal but I would be fine if you stayed with your 2 picks too.

There is still a chance a QB is there at 1.06 and if not Nabers and then maybe Bowers at 1.07 could set you up long term with good weapons. Then take Penix or Nix at 1.12 for your QB.

All depends if adding 2 players is better for your team and league considering it has big benches. The question comes though if Caleb is gone at 1.01 what do you do with 1.02? you probably would have rather had 1.06 and 1.12. I think it really depends if Caleb is that 100% guaranteed. If not I'd stay put and see what drops at 1.06.

If you can indeed get Caleb at 1.02 that would be great for your team. I don't think you can go wrong with adding Caleb who should be put in a great position to succeed. I think it is a fair deal but I would be fine if you stayed with your 2 picks too.

There is still a chance a QB is there at 1.06 and if not Nabers and then maybe Bowers at 1.07 could set you up long term with good weapons. Then take Penix or Nix at 1.12 for your QB.

All depends if adding 2 players is better for your team and league considering it has big benches. The question comes though if Caleb is gone at 1.01 what do you do with 1.02? you probably would have rather had 1.06 and 1.12. I think it really depends if Caleb is that 100% guaranteed. If not I'd stay put and see what drops at 1.06.
You are echoing the things that were and have been running through my mind! If, indeed the 1.01 takes Caleb then I'll happily take a share of MHJ with the 1.02 and sweat profusely over QB until the 1.07. I'd suspect one of Maye or JJM will be there at the 1.07. If for some reason both are gone, then I'll likely try to trade back into the upper second and snag Nix. I guess I could also punt taking a QB until 2025, but that pushes out the timeline for contending a year or two.

Was offered 2.03 for Fields in 16 team SF

Very tempting but I rejected. Should I have?
🤔
I've got Fields valued as a 24 mid 2nd rounder, so I think you could argue it both ways. Trade and take the value now (possibly Nix, Coleman, Pennix). Those guys, especiallly Coleman and Nix excite me more than Fields at the moment. On the other hand, holding until he takes the reigns would certainly yield more value, even if it's just the excitement of him starting in 2025 when PIT jettisons Russ.

Also, PIT is where CHI QBs go to die. Keep that in mind! :)

You are echoing the things that were and have been running through my mind! If, indeed the 1.01 takes Caleb then I'll happily take a share of MHJ with the 1.02 and sweat profusely over QB until the 1.07. I'd suspect one of Maye or JJM will be there at the 1.07. If for some reason both are gone, then I'll likely try to trade back into the upper second and snag Nix. I guess I could also punt taking a QB until 2025, but that pushes out the timeline for contending a year or two.
Might not hurt to send a message to 1.01 guy and see if they might share who they are taking? Like you said too Maye or JJ might drop if someone doesn't like the landing spot (Maye) or the player (JJ).

I also think people are down on Bowers landing spot but if he's still there at 1.07 I'm gobbling that up 100% of the time. Honestly my dream spot for your scenario is keep 6 and 7 and hope a QB falls. draft the QB at 6 and Bowers at 7. I think in 2 years people will be wondering why Bowers slid so far in the NFL draft as well as fantasy drafts.

Same. I’ve got the 1.09 in a 1QB and am either trying to move up to 4-5 or out of the 1st completely.
I'm with ya'll but would imagine this conversation is very different in one QB leagues vs others, and to that was we know not all one QB leagues are equal. In the 12 team smaller roster sizes I play they just not that valuable.

But I typically each year after the draft assign amount of players I view as worth a first round pick, that offer enough safety and upside to merit that kind of solid investment and I've not included a QB in this list since RG3/Luck. I'm not including one this year either so this again is a very different conversation if you are in a league that puts a ahigh value on Qb's. I got one player I'm mulling moving up but right now sitting at just 8 players who I'd rate as someone I'd want to spend a first round pick on. I believe that is either the second lowest total in the last 10 years or if not tied for the worst-don't get spread sheets so go off memory and can't recall if I had 7 or 8 in 2016.

I started to suspect this a few weeks ago, started to think the WR group after the top few projected as more NFL teams #2/slot mainly types and started offering up picks 11 and 12 for future firsts in a few leagues. I was picky though, and in in those leagues was only offering it to what I viewed as 4-5 worst teams. Did not get an accept, kind of wish now I'd not have been as picky. Also tried packaging them with other things, including higher picks, to move up and got no traction on that either.

Of course there is going to be gold in those hills to be found past the 8 players I mentioned, just saying my confidence level in actually drafting a guy I think is that is not high past that group. It's a lot of hope and crapshoots with those players, not feeling solid/great it's going to pan out.

So I’ve been offered Jonathan Taylor for my Brandon Aiyuk. Phenomenal young team, I just won the championship last year in the first year emerging from a rebuild. It’s a 10 Man, Start 11, 2QB PPR league, 1.5 TE premium.

This is my current starting lineup:

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Also have Jordan Addison and Zay Flowers at WR.

Do I make this swap? My fear is that it’d basically be a lateral move and then I’m just swapping a WR for a RB that’s essentially the same age and I’m taking on more injury risk. If JT stays healthy, however, I think he has a higher ceiling than Aiyuk. Is a WR room of Tee, Nico, DK, Flowers and Addison good enough when I have the studs that I do at RB? Rolling out Bijan, Gibbs, and JT every week would just be filthy.

I may can get him to sweeten it a little with something like a 3rd, but he’s not going to do much more than that.

Was offered 2.03 for Fields in 16 team SF

Very tempting but I rejected. Should I have?
🤔
2.3 will land a good player who pays dividends now, so I can see rejecting that. But if you are in good shape and can wait on Fields, I do think long term the 2.3 for him is a fair if not good price to buy.
I would pay 2.03 for him.

Long term I’d rather hold and hope he starts since I have a decent enough team without him.

Users who are viewing this thread