What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Stashes for 2016 (1 Viewer)

Andrew74

Footballguy
Walking Boot put up a topic on keepers for next year and made me remember my favorite end-of-year post. Let's discuss potential dynasty league stashes once we have room after dropping K and DEF (or whatever deadwood you have).

For my league, my current targets are Clive Walford and Seth Roberts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren Waller. Know he was hurt this year, but still has that rich, big-bodied, GA Tech WR lineage. That #2 WR spot still seems like it will be up for grabs next year.

Nice list so far. I'll add:

Devin Smith

Cody Latimer

Also, Injured Players who may have been dropped:

Steve Smith

Lance Dunbar

Khiry Robinson

(I know I am leaving a number of guys off this list, but those come to mind; I'm assuming players like Keenan Allen and Dion Lewis were retained on dynasty rosters)

Bryce Petty, NYJ QB

Robert Turbin, DAL RB

Branden Oliver, SD RB

Justin Hardy, ATL WR

Cody Latimer, DEN WR

Victor Cruz, NYG WR (if cheap enough in a trade)

Jaelen Strong, HOU WR

Sammie Coates, PIT WR (long shot pick)

Garrett Celek, SF TE

Blake Bell, SF TE (depending on which one is available)

I'll be watching these players in the next few weeks, and trying to pick up the best of the bunch by the end of the season.

Ed McCutcheon said:
Garrett Celek, SF TE

Funny - I was thinking Vance McDonald in SF. Seems to have picked it up over the past few weeks.

Ed McCutcheon said:
Garrett Celek, SF TE

Funny - I was thinking Vance McDonald in SF. Seems to have picked it up over the past few weeks.
Bell has the highest ceiling of the 3. Used to play QB at Oklahoma for 3 years. As a reserve, imagine QB injuries and he steps in as QB while listed as a TE. A FF team with 2 starting QBs would be hard to beat.

I got shot down in the other thread for saying it but I'll say it here... Jace Amaro
Good call. ;)

Seriously though, I think he killed his chance in NY - was drafted by Rex and Bowles never seemed to like him even before he got hurt.

He's got some athleticism and I guess he could thrive in another situation a la Barnidge, but would probably need a good amount of luck and injuries to do so.

I got shot down in the other thread for saying it but I'll say it here... Jace Amaro
Good call. ;)

Seriously though, I think he killed his chance in NY - was drafted by Rex and Bowles never seemed to like him even before he got hurt.

He's got some athleticism and I guess he could thrive in another situation a la Barnidge, but would probably need a good amount of luck and injuries to do so.
I think it's more a product of Chan Gailey not being a TE-friendly OC.

Kenny Bell.

VJax turns 33 at the end of the season and is owed 9.7 million in the last year of his contract. Louis Murphy is coming off an ACL at the age of 29. Bell has a decent young QB who he roomed with during training camp. He won't have pressure to be the team's WR1 as Evans has that locked up. As an added bonus you can stash Bell on your IR spot.

Kenny Bell.

VJax turns 33 at the end of the season and is owed 9.7 million in the last year of his contract. Louis Murphy is coming off an ACL at the age of 29. Bell has a decent young QB who he roomed with during training camp. He won't have pressure to be the team's WR1 as Evans has that locked up. As an added bonus you can stash Bell on your IR spot.
This is a good one.

I like Smelter, Bell, Crowder, Ajayi, and Latimer.

Branden Oliver, SD RB
Not a believer in Gordon or Woodhead?
Gordon and Woodhead would be rostered in probably all dynasty leagues. If not......then I wish I could play in your league.... :D

Since the question is which players to "stash", I think Oliver is a player who would have significant short term value and possible trade value if either Gordon or Woodhead were injured for any real length of time. He has shown he can handle the job, plus he is someone most people would never consider. If you have a roster space to sit on him as a "developmental" type of player, then in a couple years he should assume the Woodhead role, if that offense still has that role by then. Anyway, he's under the radar for most people.

Kenny Bell.

He's on my personal "All Free Agent Team" in my dynasty league. I wanted to grab him earlier this season, but he got hurt before I got around to it. At the very least, he has opportunity. Whether he can make it happen may be another issue. But for a deep player like this, he's about as good a candidate as anyone else out there.

tone1oc said:
Both Allen + Fleener are free agents this offseason. Zero chance IMO they're both back. Colts like him enough (with zero football experience) to have him on practice squad for 2 seasons now. Zero cost + great situation + great athlete + TE friendly Chud & U connection + you're likely getting your answer with Swoope quickly (by their decisions on Allen&Fleener and upcoming draft)

YMMV but I just got marquise lee for free in a 12 team .5 ppr. Even if he's not dropped in your league, you can likely get him for almost nothing...rare to have that opportunity with a 2nd year former biletnikoff guy

Branden Oliver, SD RB
Not a believer in Gordon or Woodhead?
Gordon and Woodhead would be rostered in probably all dynasty leagues. If not......then I wish I could play in your league.... :D

Since the question is which players to "stash", I think Oliver is a player who would have significant short term value and possible trade value if either Gordon or Woodhead were injured for any real length of time. He has shown he can handle the job, plus he is someone most people would never consider. If you have a roster space to sit on him as a "developmental" type of player, then in a couple years he should assume the Woodhead role, if that offense still has that role by then. Anyway, he's under the radar for most people.
I was wondering if you thought one of the two would fail (as there are some who expect Gordon to bust). But I see your angle and agree.

tone1oc said:
Both Allen + Fleener are free agents this offseason. Zero chance IMO they're both back. Colts like him enough (with zero football experience) to have him on practice squad for 2 seasons now. Zero cost + great situation + great athlete + TE friendly Chud & U connection + you're likely getting your answer with Swoope quickly (by their decisions on Allen&Fleener and upcoming draft)
Not available on Fleaflicker.

I like Kenny Bell as a stash too, but not for 2016. I have a hard time seeing any Lovie Smith coached team supporting 2 receivers fantasy wise.

YMMV but I just got marquise lee for free in a 12 team .5 ppr. Even if he's not dropped in your league, you can likely get him for almost nothing...rare to have that opportunity with a 2nd year former biletnikoff guy
I don't see the opportunity with the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart though. Best situation for him is a trade or injury, and Jax would be dumb to trade such depth.

I like Kenny Bell as a stash too, but not for 2016. I have a hard time seeing any Lovie Smith coached team supporting 2 receivers fantasy wise.
i'm not overly impressed with Mike Evans yet. some of it maybe Winston or Lovie's doing, i'm sure. that said, Bell had the reputation of being a decent and willing run-blocker before he went to IR. i think he could get a chance if VJ goes away.

Zach Zenner.

He's another guy you can stash to your IR spot.

The Lions backfield and coaching staff going into 2016 is murky at best. JBell will be 30 and in the last year of his contract going into next season. It's unclear if Ameer is limited to a 3rd down back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new coaching staff, likely one that actually runs the ball more. I would be surprised to see the Lions draft a RB in the early rounds or to address the position in free agency.

tone1oc said:
Swoope, there it is.

Zach Zenner.

The Lions backfield and coaching staff going into 2016 is murky at best. JBell will be 30 and in the last year of his contract going into next season. It's unclear if Ameer is limited to a 3rd down back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new coaching staff, likely one that actually runs the ball more. I would be surprised to see the Lions draft a RB in the early rounds or to address the position in free agency.
As a Lions fan, I have to say that Zenner is a very unremarkable back. While I agree they will be on the hunt for another RB, Zenner will be purely a depth/ST guy if he hangs on. He's a good story but he had pretty significant chest injury and this guy wants to be a Dr. at some point so I could see him leaving the sport sooner than later.

Jeff Heuermann - Denver TEs are an aging mess.

Sammie Coates - Forgotten man in Pitt, but talent is there, and big upside if he gets a shot.

Rashard Green - Another log jam, but has potential to be a target hog.

Jeff Heuermann - Denver TEs are an aging mess.

Sammie Coates - Forgotten man in Pitt, but talent is there, and big upside if he gets a shot.

Rashard Green - Another log jam, but has potential to be a target hog.
Good call.. He's IR-able to as a bonus.

I've been scooping up Quincy Enunwa, he's been available on a lot of wires. I like his size/talent and college production. Marshall (32 next year) and Decker (29) aren't spring chickens and have had plenty of injuries the past few years.

Jeff Janis is a great stash now and there's a 10% chance he finally gets some regular playing time in GB before the end of the year if the team continues to struggle.

Garrett Celek, SF TE

I was just assuming that Vance McDonald would be rostered already. If not, then he is certainly worth a look. Then pick the one you think has the best odds of being a factor.
I think it's Vance McDonald's job to lose.

i'm not overly impressed with Mike Evans yet. some of it maybe Winston or Lovie's doing, i'm sure. that said, Bell had the reputation of being a decent and willing run-blocker before he went to IR. i think he could get a chance if VJ goes away.
I agree, I think he will be the starter next year, but I think he will have a year like Hurns did last year. 2 or 3 big games, 2 or 3 mediocre games and the rest will be like playing with one less player. In my opinion his break should happen after a couple things.

Lovie leaves

Evans goes from good to great.

I would take Bell as a late flier in best ball leagues though.

Jeff Janis is a great stash now and there's a 10% chance he finally gets some regular playing time in GB before the end of the year if the team continues to struggle.
Also Jared Abbrederis

I'm not sure if James Jones is back either.. And I wouldn't be too shocked if Adams wasn't passed by Janis, Montgomery or Abbrederis even this year.

Also Jared Abbrederis

I'm not sure if James Jones is back either.. And I wouldn't be too shocked if Adams wasn't passed by Janis, Montgomery or Abbrederis even this year.
This. Davante Adams has had plenty of opportunities to step up, I think the arrow is pointing down on him, and the other WRs you mentioned will get increased playing time down the stretch.

Zach Zenner.

As a Lions fan, I have to say that Zenner is a very unremarkable back. While I agree they will be on the hunt for another RB, Zenner will be purely a depth/ST guy if he hangs on. He's a good story but he had pretty significant chest injury and this guy wants to be a Dr. at some point so I could see him leaving the sport sooner than later.
Agreed. Zenner is a sell, not a buy.

Tyler Lockett in Seattle is one who I've stashed for next year. In limited time, he's shown some huge flashes of talent. Just a few weeks ago he caught my attention on that 2 TD performance.

After that performance I was looking up his combine and measurables compared to Antonio Brown, and Lockett compares very favorably. Obviously the looks in that offense aren't anywhere near Pittsburgh, but Lockett is a player who seemingly can do a lot with a little.

Bought a couple lottery tickets this week: Josh Gordon and RG3. Don't need either; won't be a problem to drop after their 2016 situations are clearer.

Peyton manning. Really. He got dropped in 2 of my 10 leagues. I think there's a decent chance he ends up in Houston. Him throwing to Nuk in a warm/indoor stadium would bump his value

Users who are viewing this thread