What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Marqise 'albino tiger' Lee, Patriots (1 Viewer)

the consistent targets are good to see.  also nice if your league gives points for kick returns.  this is the first week I played him (as my wr4) since drafting him in the second round (dyno league rookie draft) 3 years ago.  I just hope he can stay healthy.

So Lee's hamstrings have cooperated long enough to give us a decent sample size, good ####.

ARob - 55 targets, 26/296/3

Hurns - 45 targets, 25/345/1

Lee - 38 targets, 29/337/0

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 6

Week 7

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 6

Week 7

Target

Carry

RZ Total

ARob

94%

87%

97%

97%

95%

96%

Lee

50%

64%

64%

71%

73%

70%

Hurns

86%

88%

88%

89%

82%

84%

To the Lee owners, you should thank me.  I finally gave up on him and dropped him last week for Meredith WR Chi, now Lee can be as good as I thought he was when I drafted him.  Just my luck.

Lee's biggest problem has always been health but now he's fighting for opportunity. I'm not 100% sure on this but from what I've seen he looks to be lining up in a slot on a majority of his snaps. Because of that, I'm not surprised he's sporting a 76% catch rate but how bad is this passing offense outside of him? ARob has a 47% catch rate and has been credited with 7 drops. Hurns (55%) and Thomas (57%) are in similar boats. Bortles is also near or at the bottom of the league in every possible metric that measures QB performance.

This passing game looks to be historically ugly, maybe they should move Lee to the outside to see what he can do. What do they have to lose?

Lee's biggest problem has always been health but now he's fighting for opportunity. I'm not 100% sure on this but from what I've seen he looks to be lining up in a slot on a majority of his snaps. Because of that, I'm not surprised he's sporting a 76% catch rate but how bad is this passing offense outside of him? ARob has a 47% catch rate and has been credited with 7 drops. Hurns (55%) and Thomas (57%) are in similar boats. Bortles is also near or at the bottom of the league in every possible metric that measures QB performance.

This passing game looks to be historically ugly, maybe they should move Lee to the outside to see what he can do. What do they have to lose?
@Same SongNDance I have been out of the country and had limited access to games, so I have seen nothing of Lee during this stretch.  I know you are a film guy;  How has Lee looked? Are his routes crisp?  Is he getting separation?  Does he get a quick release off the ball?  By his catch rate, I assume he has shown good hands.  What has he done after the catch?  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Lee intrigued me some coming into the league, but my interest in him as a dynasty prospect essentially disappeared with his inability to get on the playing field.  There was nothing about his college game that really stood out to me, although he did show some explosiveness and polish to his game.  He doesn't have any dominant physical skills; however, at USC he did show a "my ball" mentality, excellent RAC skills and a penchant for big plays.

I saw Lee in person a few weeks ago and he looked pretty good and was getting open quite a bit.  As people have been saying all year - the biggest problem is with Bortles being off.  His mechanics look bad.  

@Same SongNDance I have been out of the country and had limited access to games, so I have seen nothing of Lee during this stretch. I know you are a film guy; How has Lee looked? Are his routes crisp? Is he getting separation? Does he get a quick release off the ball? By his catch rate, I assume he has shown good hands. What has he done after the catch? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Lee intrigued me some coming into the league, but my interest in him as a dynasty prospect essentially disappeared with his inability to get on the playing field. There was nothing about his college game that really stood out to me, although he did show some explosiveness and polish to his game. He doesn't have any dominant physical skills; however, at USC he did show a "my ball" mentality, excellent RAC skills and a penchant for big plays.
I had typed a bunch of #### out but I hit submit and it didn't post/disappeared. I really don't feel like typing it out again but here's a video of his target vs. OAK. In short he looks very good and I'm looking to make room for him in a couple of PPR leagues.

I had typed a bunch of #### out but I hit submit and it didn't post/disappeared. I really don't feel like typing it out again but here's a video of his target vs. OAK. In short he looks very good and I'm looking to make room for him in a couple of PPR leagues.
Thanks!!  Good stuff.  Either by design or ability, Lee was able to find the soft spots in the Oakland defense, mostly on underneath routes, leading to some easy receptions.  For as long as he can remain healthy, with performances like that, he should continue to have a role.

Good stuff, SSND. I think people are forgetting how good this guy was in college, and he, not AR, was the one being talked about when they turned pro. Granted that was then, this is now, and AR has proven himself. But Lee has spent so much time on the trainer's table that, until the last several weeks, he hasn't had a chance to show what he can do.

Finally get to see lee tonight in prime time.  I'll be watching him closely.  I think he's on the verge of a breakout.  Maybe a td tonight?

Wow he does look good. From what I saw, he catches a few passes from when he lines up on the outside too.

Let's see how the rest of this game plays out. But I'm secretly hoping he stays quiet so I can potentially scoop :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow he does look good. From what I saw, he catches a few passes from when he lines up on the outside too.

Let's see how the rest of this game plays out. But I'm secretly hoping he stays quiet so I can potentially scoop :D
Oh I don't think that will be a problem.  Bortles looks like he can't hit the broad side of a barn rt now.  

So interesting that they're playing Lee almost exclusively on the outside tonight and hurns or arob in the slot.  

no news, but what's everyones opinion on the upcoming season?

he is still listed as the #3 jax wr.

He's already surpassed hurns if not on the depth chart then at least in the games where it counts.  I expect him to challenge even Arob this year as the focal point.  He was even more highly touted than a rob coming out of college.  

Could be a sneaky WR2 in ppr, like a discount Stefon Diggs.  Entirely dependent on what they do on offense.  They have weapons everywhere including at RB so are they a ground and pound or are they more of a throwing team?  I don't know that answer since they drafted Fournette.  

Jaguars.com has called Marqise Lee a standout player in camp.

The would-be draft bust quietly posted a 63/851/3 receiving line last season, finishing just 32 yards behind Allen Robinson for the team lead. Lee nearly doubled up a banged-up Allen Hurns in yardage. There are targets for the taking with Julius Thomas departed for Miami, but the Jags also figure to be throwing much less under new coach Doug Marrone. Lee will likely struggle for WR4 value in both PPR and standard.

Source: John Oehser on Twitter 

Aug 8 - 4:06 PM

He's looking like the best wr on that team in camp.  And he's staying healthy so far.  Dare I say "choo-chooooooo!"

I think he's the only WR worth picking up on this team.
I think I agree.  Arob is being drafted to high And there is no indication that their o line or bortles have improved from last season.  Bortles couldn't connect well with arob on longer routes but connected well with lee on short-intermediate routes.  

Fournette is a talent but with bortles and that o line he will see stacked boxes all season and pull out 2016 gurley-esque numbers.  Which would be ok if he wasn't going mid 2nd rd.   

Lee can be had in late rounds of drafts and represents great value.  

I've owned him for 2 years now, and you can't even give this guy away...  I don't want to but I have other needs and he's my WR7 so I thought he'd be good trade bait this year, but he literally is an avoid from everyone.  This guy is going to be one of those that outproduces every year and nobody wants him for the rest of his career.  

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Marqise Lee avoided a serious injury during Sunday's practice.

Lee was carted off with his right leg in an air-cast after suffering a non-contact injury in 7-on-7 drills. It is great news he avoided a serious issue, but it is possible he still misses time. In more good news for the passing game, Allen Hurns was back on the practice field Sunday after sitting out the preseason opener.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Marqise Lee suffered a high-ankle sprain Sunday.

The injury usually comes with a 4-6 week recovery timetable, making the receiver questionable for Week 1. Rapoport reports he will "push hard" to be ready for the opener, but the Jaguars could choose to be cautious. If Lee is forced to miss games, fourth-round rookie Dede Westbrook could open the season as a starter.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

If it is a true HAS injury then it is no joke. They didn't say what grade of sprain it is, but 4-6 weeks seems pretty optimistic. Unless it is a very mild grade 1 sprain, he's going to miss games at the start of the season. Maybe we will know more in the next few days.

He missed the majority of his first two seaons with injury, and played well last year when healthy.  Any further injury is a giant red flag to me.
I'm guilty of not knowing the nature of his injuries. But in general a guy with 'injury prone' tag provides a nice value, as injuries often come from bad luck rather than trend. 

Bought into the "value" of Lee in early drafts. He is what he is; talented WR who can't stay on the field. Was hoping last year wasn't an aberration, my gut says it was.

Got him in the 15th, great value even with the injury. Drafted him as my WR6 so upside is built in even if he misses the first few weeks of the season.

Lee was unable to make any fantasy impact this week, but could be thrust into a larger role with Allen Robinson being diagnosed with a torn ACL. Lee could see his value rise to being worth a start, especially in PPR leagues.

Lee was unable to make any fantasy impact this week, but could be thrust into a larger role with Allen Robinson being diagnosed with a torn ACL. Lee could see his value rise to being worth a start, especially in PPR leagues.
Bortles threw for a whopping 125 yds on 11 completions. That's a good stat line if they all go to one WR, but I think the offensive blueprint doesn't paint a rosy picture for anyone not named Fournette. 

Bortles threw for a whopping 125 yds on 11 completions. That's a good stat line if they all go to one WR, but I think the offensive blueprint doesn't paint a rosy picture for anyone not named Fournette. 
The Jags were in control of the game for most of its entirety. That won't always be the case, so Bortles will throw it more in the future.

28 targets for 230 yards and a TD over his last 3 games.  Add in a rush for 17 yards.  

I cannot say i have watched a snap of this.  Can someone tell me what he has looked like putting up these numbers?  Does it look like it will continue?  I need to start him with Evans suspended.    

28 targets for 230 yards and a TD over his last 3 games.  Add in a rush for 17 yards.  

I cannot say i have watched a snap of this.  Can someone tell me what he has looked like putting up these numbers?  Does it look like it will continue?  I need to start him with Evans suspended.    
He’s a very good player.  Consistently makes tough catches. And he’s the wr1 on the offense.  He has bortles’ trust.  I wouldn’t feel shaky starting him at all.  The only thing that holds him back is the jags’ limited passing game.  

I don't think this will be one of Lee's bigger games. 

Think of it this way: Lee has had 3 good performances in a row. However... the last two were without Fournette and the one before that was in a blowout against the Rams where they had to abandon the run to play catchup. 

This week, they'll have Fournette back and will likely play with a lead all game long. 

I, for one, don't trust any player in this game not named Fournette or Jags D/ST. 

I don't think this will be one of Lee's bigger games. 

Think of it this way: Lee has had 3 good performances in a row. However... the last two were without Fournette and the one before that was in a blowout against the Rams where they had to abandon the run to play catchup. 

This week, they'll have Fournette back and will likely play with a lead all game long. 

I, for one, don't trust any player in this game not named Fournette or Jags D/ST. 
I'd still expect 70 yards and a possible TD from Lee. 

As good as the Jags D has been fantasy-wise, they can still be vulnerable against the run (ranked 27th at 125/game).   The Chargers do have enough firepower (Melvin Gordon especially) that will force the Jags to open up the offense.   The Chargers are weak against the run (ranked 31st), so Fournette should have a huge game.  Lee's still the clear #1 WR in Jax, so I still see a fantasy-relevant game.   

I'd still expect 70 yards and a possible TD from Lee. 

As good as the Jags D has been fantasy-wise, they can still be vulnerable against the run (ranked 27th at 125/game).   The Chargers do have enough firepower (Melvin Gordon especially) that will force the Jags to open up the offense.   The Chargers are weak against the run (ranked 31st), so Fournette should have a huge game.  Lee's still the clear #1 WR in Jax, so I still see a fantasy-relevant game.   
The last week the Jags D faced a team like the Chargers (with firepower and run game, as you point out) was in Week 5 against the Steelers. They completely shutdown the Steelers offense in the air and on the ground and allowed a mere 9 points. 

Because of that, Fournette exploded for 181 yards and 2 TDs. 

Lee had 2 catches for 49 yards.

Very happy with what Marqise is doing right now in Jax.  Putting solid weeks together back to back to back to back.  It was a bad taunting penalty, but he could have gone for a much bigger day.  

ContInues to be one of the most consistent producers the last handful of games. 

Curious us to see what happens in the offseason with the return of AR. 

ContInues to be one of the most consistent producers the last handful of games. 

Curious us to see what happens in the offseason with the return of AR. 
We don't know if AR15 is returning -- he ll be a FA. While JAX may very well  want him to return, this is the first occasion that AR15 will be able to "cash in" for his security and he may not view a run-first, possession-type offense in his best long-term interest, let alone which team offers him the best contract.

We don't know if AR15 is returning -- he ll be a FA. While JAX may very well  want him to return, this is the first occasion that AR15 will be able to "cash in" for his security and he may not view a run-first, possession-type offense in his best long-term interest, let alone which team offers him the best contract.
Lee is also a free agent. I wouldn't expect the Jags to sign both but who knows, they have a ton of cash available.

The Finist said:
Very happy with what Marqise is doing right now in Jax.  Putting solid weeks together back to back to back to back.  It was a bad taunting penalty, but he could have gone for a much bigger day.  
Marqise is playing very well.   

The fun should continue against the winless Browns.   Cleveland's no joke against the run, but their secondary is pretty bad.  And with no Hurns to take away targets, I'd expect a big game for Lee. 

At this point I’m hopng he lands somewhere else next year OR the jags get a great qb.  He’s very talented and being wasted in jax.  I believe he has Antonio Brown type ability.  

very happy as my wr5 in dyno.

tried to trade him all season, but have i changed my mind.

he will be my fitz replacement.  and he wears #11.  :wub:

Love this guy as my WR3, borderline top 25 and bailed my ### out through bye week hell. I'm a fan, the guys looks good. That catch late in the game, cant remember if it was the TD or the 2 point but it was a real nice grab. 

Recent grab for me as my 4th choice WR in main league, has ridden pine for 2 weeks, thinking this is the week to finally start him in flex. Browns will surely look to bottle up the run game which is a strength for them and  where JAX have leant on in recent. Logically should be a great matchup 

Have been using Lee here and there and would like to use him this week. Should I be concerned about the weather? (20MPH wind with a chill in the 20's) Would Lee's effectiveness also be hampered by the fact that he's the only WR threat or does volume rule here? Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread