What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Charles Sims, Buccaneers (1 Viewer)

I have a tough time believing a 25 year old 2nd year RB who averaged 2.8 YPC and caught just 67% of passes is going to be handed the starting job.

He's talented but I've yet to anything impressive from him.
i agree. sims did not look good at all last year and his numbers looked even worse. he'll need a major improvement to just be average.

what are people trading him for? seems like a good time to cash in on a much more proved player as the hype is high.

I have a tough time believing a 25 year old 2nd year RB who averaged 2.8 YPC and caught just 67% of passes is going to be handed the starting job.

i agree. sims did not look good at all last year and his numbers looked even worse. he'll need a major improvement to just be average.

what are people trading him for? seems like a good time to cash in on a much more proved player as the hype is high.
We all know rookies who missed most of preseason and 10 games would come back on fire. Its the normal thing to do I suppose.

Lets look at something else,

Ajayi is talented and has a knee injury and we have yet to see anything impressive about him yet but the majority of people are virtually giving him the starting job over a RB coming off a 5.1 ypc season.

So much agenda on these boards its hard to keep up.

I was offered a startable cornerback for him. instant reject, but I'm not shopping him.

If someone offered a comparable WR I'd probably bite. Something like K Wright, DGB or Landry.

Rotoworld:

Charles Sims rushed twice for 11 yards in the Bucs' preseason opener Saturday night.

Doug Martin, Bobby Rainey, and Sims all got action with the first-team offense. Martin is the starter, but this is looking like a potential three-back rotation, at least at this stage of the preseason and camp. Sims' main role will be to play in passing situations as a checkdown option for Jameis Winston.

Aug 15 - 10:10 PM

I know very little about Charles but Martin doesn't inspire me very much. Looking for a stash. I haven't seen him play this year. Any chance he takes over? End of year match ups look good.

This is what continues to be so wrong with the Bucs. There's no innovation in their offense. Ever.

Martin in the game? 75% chance it's a running play.

Sims in the game? 75% chance it's a passing play.

Right now they just alternate series.

Sims is a great receiver. That screen play was beautiful. Why not line him up in the slot? Get him on the field with Martin. Two back sets. Split Sims out.

I'd probably say this is consistent with most of the teams in the NFL. An every down back is a hard thing to come by these days.

Is Koetter considered an innovative OC? Maybe after they get a little more familiar running the new system they will introduce some of the things you suggested.

I'd probably say this is consistent with most of the teams in the NFL. An every down back is a hard thing to come by these days.

Is Koetter considered an innovative OC? Maybe after they get a little more familiar running the new system they will introduce some of the things you suggested.
:shrug:

Todd Haley had several packages last night splitting Bell out with Williams in the backfield. Even with Vick running the show with three days of preparation that offense looked infinitely more innovative than what the Bucs were doing this past Sunday.

Why can't the Bucs do the same thing? Especially after ASJ's injury. I don't get why Sims and Martin aren't on the field at the same time. Give the defense something else to think about.

Just traded for him as depth for a playoff run. Don't need him for now but are we going to see some more work in the running game?

Any chance this guy is ever a starting rb?

Ever is a long time. No reason to rule it out yet. Sims has had flashes of being impressive, but I think a lot of it is determined by Martin. Does he continue to perform at a level the Bucs would be interested in bringing him back? Does he even want to? Does he roll the dice and go into RFA? Does he price himself out if so?

If Martin doesn't come back Sims has probably earned the chance to make his case. They would certainly draft someone mid/late and/or sign a vet for depth and insurance but given all the holes they have to fill it's a decent bet they won't spend big bucks/picks but instead let this ride and see what they have in Sims. They won't get someone the caliber of Deangelo or Gore were without overpaying, but a guy like Jonas Gray or Ridley and a mid pick (Booker?) would make sense just in case Sims doesn't deliver.

Rotoworld:

Charles Sims logged four carries for 45 yards and caught three of five targets for 72 yards and a touchdown in the Buccaneers' Week 16 loss to the Bears.

Six of Sims’ seven touches came in the second half as game flow and a pair of Doug Martin fumbles forced him into a bigger role. He got lucky on his 50-yard touchdown catch as Tracy Porter went for the pick and came up empty. Sims added an impressive 29-yard run in the fourth quarter. The Buccaneers have made it clear they want Doug Martin to win the rushing title but Sims should still get a handful of touches next week against the 14-1 Panthers.

Dec 27 - 5:46 PM

Pewter Report's Mark Cook "really believe(s)" Charles Sims will see an increase in carries in 2016.

At the Combine, coach Dirk Koetter called Sims "an every-down back, if need be." Although he benefited from facing softer sub-package fronts while Doug Martin tangled more with base defenses, Sims made the most of his 2015 rushing opportunities by averaging 4.94 YPC. Cook expects Sims' increased role to "cut into Martin's total yardage." Cook still anticipates Martin being a "focal point of the offense," of course. Sims is an intriguing middle-round fantasy pick. He offers standalone flex value and could explode if Martin goes down.

Source: Pewter Report

Bump, guy was good coming out, has opportunity and is a nice play.  Tough next 3 weeks though. Rams, Broncos, Panthers Ouch

He figures to be on the field a whole lot. Happy to have him as my flex the next few weeks, despite the matchups. 

sincerely,

half point ppr, Langford & Rawls owner

He is going to have a realllllly tough time against that Rams front 7. Guy is a beast catching the ball but he can't run between the tackles at all. He's really more of a slot wideout to me at this point. 

Bucs No. 2 back Jacquizz Rodgers told reporters he only plays to enter Sunday's game "when Charles Sims gets tired."
Sims then told reporters "he could go the whole game and not be tired." ESPN Bucs reporter Jenna Laine expects Sims "to get the bulk of the workload" against the Rams. Although the matchup is not quite ideal against a tough Los Angeles defense, Sims is at worst a locked-and-loaded RB2 for Week 3. Sims' floor is especially safe in PPR leagues due to his premium pass-catching ability.

Related: Jacquizz Rodgers

Source: Jenna Laine on Twitter 
Sep 23 - 9:06 PM

I'm giddy about him right now.  Playing him EVERYWHERE and excited about it.  Rams are good up front for sure, but it's not like they can't get him space and free him up. 

He is going to have a realllllly tough time against that Rams front 7. Guy is a beast catching the ball but he can't run between the tackles at all. He's really more of a slot wideout to me at this point. 
Have pondered this too. the SF RBs did well against LA. Also i recall LA having a great game against Sea last year and then poop the bed vs Matt Jones and Washington on the east coast

Have pondered this too. the SF RBs did well against LA. Also i recall LA having a great game against Sea last year and then poop the bed vs Matt Jones and Washington on the east coast
Sims isn't a good RB though. Certainly not through the tackles. Might be the worst I've ever seen running through the tackles. 

If they can get him outside he'll be ok but the Rams linebackers are quick and the Bucs FB/TE guy is out. 

Sims isn't a good RB though. Certainly not through the tackles. Might be the worst I've ever seen running through the tackles. 

If they can get him outside he'll be ok but the Rams linebackers are quick and the Bucs FB/TE guy is out. 
I agree that Sims isn't the greatest between the tackles and is a much better receiving back. I'm very interested to see how he does as a bellcow. The Rams are intimidating but Carlos Hyde and Christine Michael didn't have much trouble running on them in the first 2 weeks. Add in the fact that he's probably good for at least 3-4 catches too, he's very hard to not start this week.

I'm giddy about him right now.  Playing him EVERYWHERE and excited about it.  Rams are good up front for sure, but it's not like they can't get him space and free him up. 

:popcorn:      :banned:

I am benching him in favor of CJA, Jeremy Hill, and Matt Jones. Definitely don't think he's too bad of a play though. In hindsight already, I wish I played him over Hill.

I'm sitting him for Melvin Gordon and Isaiah Crowell at my flex spots with Zeke and DJ starting.  He is a RB that's going to get a workload so I don't see how you can bench him even though it's a tough matchup.  That's usually the first thing people look for, the workload, so if you own him and don't have much at flex, I think you have to play him.  

In another league I started him over Hill.  

Sounds like Sims is going back to his old role and Rodgers will get most of the carries this week. 

Probably the worst running back I've ever seen. It's seems impossible for a running back to be that bad at the primary job requirement. He just can't see the holes. 

I said this in another threat, but if you're desperate I'd play Rodgers over Sims.  Rodgers would have more upside but Martin should be back after the bye next week.  As has been mentioned, Sims is a bad RB who's only talented as a receiving back.

I am tempted to sell medium on this guy.  Meaning he had a decent game against the Rams.  I don't know.. he was a popular target as a RB3 in PPR for zero RB drafters and I am down on him relative to what I thought of him on draft day. 

I usually value guys on my team more than others do.  In this case I think its the opposite..I am not excited to put him out there at a flex or RB3 be it this week or rest of season. 

Where do other owners stand?

I am tempted to sell medium on this guy.  Meaning he had a decent game against the Rams.  I don't know.. he was a popular target as a RB3 in PPR for zero RB drafters and I am down on him relative to what I thought of him on draft day. 

I usually value guys on my team more than others do.  In this case I think its the opposite..I am not excited to put him out there at a flex or RB3 be it this week or rest of season. 

Where do other owners stand?
Try to trade him to the Martin owner. 

Overreaction to the Denver game is surprising. He looked the part just the week before against a solid Rams D. 

Overreaction to the Denver game is surprising. He looked the part just the week before against a solid Rams D. 
He just isn't a good between the tackles runner.  There's a lot of overreaction to the Denver game around town here too, but it's more than that with Sims.  He's being misused, which is why I'd expect to see more of Quizz in this game in that early down role.  Sims has also been the direct cause of at least 4 turnovers. 

I have Martin, Ingram (bye), Jennings, Morris, Hill, Morris. So it looks like I will have to pick up Rodgers and starting him alongside Hill. Let's see how it pans out. If Sims is out then Rodgers can do well with the majority of the touches I think. 

Users who are viewing this thread