What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Bo Scarborough, Lions (1 Viewer)

Tired or Wired: Start Scarbrough? Bo knows sleeper value

Excerpt:

Bo Knows Sleeper Values

Tired -- The Lions backfield is a mess. Ever since Kerryon Johnson was lost for the season, the remnants of the Detroit backfield have made about as much sense as a chimpanzee with a spice grinder. We thought maybe Ty Johnson would be a thing but the Lions started throwing the ball like crazy. We thought J.D. McKissic could be a nice streaming play in PPR formats, then Bo Scarbroughcame out of nowhere to be the Lions RB du jour. Once that happened, fantasy managers and analysts alike threw up their hands in frustration and let loud lamentations ring through the air. A pox upon your house, Matt Patricia. We are done with ye and your running back committee of ill repute.

Wired -- Go with the flow with Bo. We don't exactly know what's going through the minds of Matt Patricia and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell -- and we've certainly been fooled before -- but Bo Scarbrough offered a physical running element that Detroit's offense has missed since Kerryon Johnson's injury. The ability to run the football effectively is a hallmark of Bevell's offenses. That could come into play this week against a Washington defense that hasn't stopped much of anything but has been particularly atrocious against the run. No one is going to confuse Scarbrough with peak Marshawn Lynch, but he's the closest thing the Lions have right now and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him used in a similar role. Now that we've stopped hyperventilating over what happened last week, let's pick a running back and roll into Week 12.

I have RB Jamaal Williams in my flex. Tempted to put Bo in, but the Lions have been all over the map. I am also put off because he's an castoff Alabama RB and could fizzle at any moment.

I have RB Jamaal Williams in my flex. Tempted to put Bo in, but the Lions have been all over the map. I am also put off because he's an castoff Alabama RB and could fizzle at any moment.
I would probably play Bo in your case, but I'm trying to sell him in as many leagues as I can.  After all, he was a late season waiver wire add.

Expect him to have a big game today unless something totally surprising happens from a coaching standpoint. 

This could be the start of a nice end of season/playoff run for his owners. 

Here's to hoping this thread is blowing up later today. 

Bo's power running meshes well with Driskel's speed.  Bo's floor is probably 15 rushes because game script will keep the Lions running.  Game script could even allow him to get 25-30 rushes.  Unfortunately, he might not even have one reception so he will be touchdown dependent to have real fantasy value.

Do we know that Bo can’t catch or, like a lot of college RBs, just was not asked to in their system?

Isn't there a reason why he's bounced around?   I wouldn't start him over Michel even though I don't think Michel is a great start.
Lions need to run the ball if they have any chance to win. I think they realized that last week.

Fat Patricia is going to coach to win. Which means run the ball

I believe Bo is good for at least a TD. Whereas the same can not be said about Sony.

Do we know that Bo can’t catch or, like a lot of college RBs, just was not asked to in their system?
He came into the league with pass catching listed as a negative but that isn't always totally accurate.  But he is new to a system and becoming integrated into the passing game is more difficult that just running the ball.  And Driskel has 4.56 speed so he can run the ball instead of needing a running back as a safety valve.

-OZ- said:
This week becomes a hard call. I'm not sure I can start a back against da bears unless he's also getting receptions.

It's tempting, but the Lions are a dumpster fire again.
This is what I said about Jacobs vs the bears. Not saying he will go for 27 but not sure I'm scared of the matchup.

3rd string QB today, no doubt he’ll face a stacked box this game and the Vikings next week. 

You guys still holding/starting?

3rd string QB today, no doubt he’ll face a stacked box this game and the Vikings next week. 

You guys still holding/starting?
The fact that Bough is starting and Vegas has this game as low scoring and Mooch says the game goes under 37 LOL, he sits for me.

I have 5 so so RB's with a Flex to choose between: Coleman (not a good match up), Michel (blah), McCoy (who knows), R Jones II (guess so), and Scarbrough (no catches, only some tough yards). So McCoy and Scarbrough out for now.

Scarbrough could get you 75 yards rushing and a score. So could the rest of my RB bums. 

The Bears defense hasn't been a good fantasy defense but they've given up the 7th fewest rushing yards.  Since Bo isn't involved in the passing game and only has a small chance of a rushing touchdown, his ceiling is low.  Detroit might even feature Ty Johnson and JD McKissic knowing that they'll need a spark that a power runner like Boscarbro can't provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bears defense hasn't been a good fantasy defense but they've given up the 7th fewest rushing yards.  Since Bo isn't involved in the passing game and only has a small chance of a rushing touchdown, his ceiling is low.  Detroit might even feature Ty Johnson and JD McKissic knowing that they'll need a spark that a power runner like Boscarbro can't provide.
Good analysis on the surface, but you never know.

Bo Scarbrough contributed 65 yards on 19 carries along with one catch for an additional five yards on three targets before exiting with a fourth-quarter rib injury Sunday in the Lions’ Week 14 loss to Minnesota.

Scarbrough saw impressive volume in the loss to Minnesota—he out-touched teammate J.D. McKissic by an overwhelming 20-5 margin—though the former 'Bama standout did little with his opportunity, averaging a lethargic 3.4 yards per attempt while submitting a long gain of only seven yards. He injured his ribs with 12 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and did not return, though he wouldn't have been used much anyway with McKissic the preferred back on passing downs. With Kerryon Johnson (knee) a candidate to return from IR next week, Scarborough's fantasy window may have already closed. He won't be of much interest next week against a stout Bucs run defense.
Faust correct his name in the OP Title.

Bo Scarbrough (ribs) was downgraded to out at Thursday's practice.

Scarbrough was limited Wednesday after injuring his ribs late in last week's loss to Minnesota, but didn't see any reps on Thursday. He's been operating as the Lions' de facto workhorse, logging 72 carries since Week 11, fourth-most in the NFL over that span. With Kerryon Johnson (knee) not eligible to return for another week, J.D. McKissic and Ty Johnson would likely be thrust into a makeshift committee if Scarbrough can't suit up for Sunday's home tilt with Tampa Bay.

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Ty Johnson

SOURCE: Kyle Meinke on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 3:59 PM ET

Bo Scarbrough (ribs) is questionable for the Lions' Week 15 matchup against the Buccaneers.

This backfield is currently a bit of a mess with Scarbrough banged up. His absence would likely lead to a two-back committee featuring Johnson as the early-down RB with McKissic seeing more opportunities in pass-first situations. Of course, we've seen this backfield change directions roughly a dozen times this season already. It wouldn't be at all surprising if the front office adds another early-down option to the mix if Scarbrough is ultimately unable to suit up. The matchup couldn't be worse against the Buccaneers' league-best defense in DVOA against the run. Only the 49ers and Patriots have allowed fewer PPR per game to opposing backfields.

SOURCE: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Dec 13, 2019, 4:22 PM ET

Bo Scarbrough (questionable, ribs) is a game-time decision for Week 15 against the Buccaneers.

It's not looking good for Scarbrough, who began the week as a limited practice participant before missing both Thursday and Friday's sessions. Barring a miraculous 11th-hour recovery, we'd expect him to sit this one out. Ty Johnson and J.D. McKissic would head up the Lions' backfield in the likely event of Scarbrough's absence. Neither are trustworthy options against the Bucs' stout run defense (fewest rushing yards allowed).

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Ty Johnson

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 15, 2019, 8:09 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread