What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Post-Combine Rookie 100 (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering why Chris Hannon is no where on this listing?

I think he's stock has got to be up after his showing at the combine. He also just ran a 4.37 at his pro-day. IMO he is moving up some draft boards due to this showing.
Great size and tools, but the knock on him is he's only a deep threat. Poor route running. A few Tennessee LBs did better in the cone drill. He's a straight ahead speedster. He has nice hands, but his toughness has been called into question, and he has the reputation of not liking contact. He's an interesting prospect, but not worthy of the R100 unless he does move up into the fourth or fifth round. NFL Draft Scout is projecting him to go undrafted, and NFL DraftCountdown is projecting "late round/FA".

Great work!!!  A couple of thoughts however:

Why did you leave out Wendell Mathis Rb, Fresno St?

Reggie McNeil should be way higher, somewhere in the 20's range.

Joeseph Addai and Santonio Holmes should flip flop rankings.

Maurice Drew is a bit too high for a guy who might only be a 3rd down back and return kicks

Not sold on Lendale White as the 3rd overall player. 

My current top 10:

1. R Bush - noone else is even close, regardless of situation

2. L Marroney- (or the RB that goes to the best situation)

3. D Williams - He looks slow to me

4. J Addai - Combine really helped his stock - should go to a good team

5. M Lienart - True pocket passer, and more mobile than what he gets credited for.

6. V Young - Too talneted and way too much upside to pass up on

7. C Jackson - the only elite Wr in this class

8. L White - Just plain fat, He has bigger boobies than my wife :eek:

9. V Davis- Super freak

10. B Calhoun - Great hands and good Pro day moved him back into the top 10
L White still looks fat and slow to me. The more I think about this ranking, the more I think I would move V Davis ahead of White, as well as J Cutler. Making L White pick 10A and Calhoun 10B based off of best team situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how I missed this post for this long.

:blackdot: for later. Thanks Bloom.
there's an updated version on the FBG home page. future updates will be FBG articles, not board material, fyi.

Sort of bumping this a little bit for pro day results. Bloom, I was wondering your opinion on the following WRs who all had very good pro days and ran in the sub 4.50 range. Any of them potential 4th or 5th rounders who could surprise?

Akron - Domenik Hixon (6'2", 200 lbs)

Kentucky - Glenn Holt (6'0", 188 lbs)

Louisville - Montrell Jones (6'0", 198 lbs)

LSU - Bennie Brazell (6'0", 176 lbs.)

Texas A&M - DeQawn Mobley (6'1", 200 lbs)

Sort of bumping this a little bit for pro day results. Bloom, I was wondering your opinion on the following WRs who all had very good pro days and ran in the sub 4.50 range. Any of them potential 4th or 5th rounders who could surprise?

I know that he already had Hixon on the Top 100 and I've been checking him out myself. Can't find any film, but he sounds like a guy who could make it to me.

Hixon made a debut in the 100 after his pro day (see the version linked on the home page). I liked what I saw from him at Akron and his pro day cinched that he is worth a look - i think he could be one of the biggest surprises of the whole WR class. his experience on defense gives him the physicality needed to succeed at the next level, and he was ultraproductive despite being very raw at WR. None of the others were productive enough in college for me to take a long look at them, but they do have some intriguing tools.

QUOTE(Raiders @ Mar 14 2006, 06:07 PM)

Great work!!! A couple of thoughts however:

Why did you leave out Wendell Mathis Rb, Fresno St?

Reggie McNeil should be way higher, somewhere in the 20's range.

Joeseph Addai and Santonio Holmes should flip flop rankings.

Maurice Drew is a bit too high for a guy who might only be a 3rd down back and return kicks

Not sold on Lendale White as the 3rd overall player.

My current top 10:

1. R Bush - noone else is even close, regardless of situation

2. L Marroney- (or the RB that goes to the best situation)

3. D Williams - He looks slow to me

4. J Addai - Combine really helped his stock - should go to a good team

5. M Lienart - True pocket passer, and more mobile than what he gets credited for.

6. V Young - Too talneted and way too much upside to pass up on

7. C Jackson - the only elite Wr in this class

8. L White - Just plain fat, He has bigger boobies than my wife

9. V Davis- Super freak

10. B Calhoun - Great hands and good Pro day moved him back into the top 10

:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of guys will be making big moves down this list, others will just move up by default.

I don't know how I missed this post for this long.

:blackdot:   for later.   Thanks Bloom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there's an updated version on the FBG home page. future updates will be FBG articles, not board material, fyi.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can the new list was to be released today and not be message board material? I mean, isn't the site all free right now anyway? The articles are all free content at this point in the season.

1-50 is in the can - im a little behind because we finished the post draft podcast last night. expect it to go up very soon.

Ok, I've got an odd request. Where can I find a top 100 list that includes IDP players for a Dynasty League that is NOT generated by Footballguys?

The Dynasty League I commish has it's rookie draft in early June. We do it online as members are all over the map. In our rules there is a fallback option on draft day where if an owner goes awol or misses more than 1 pick, he's still skipped for one spot but the Commish then will pick best player available from a set of cheatsheets. It's my desire that the cheatsheet be something any league member can view, preferably posted on a website. However I don't want to use FBG's as I feel it's too good! The last thing an irresponsible owner should get is the benefit of the comprehensive research this site publishes. Also, I'm only aware of 1 other guy in this league who's a FBG member. Last thing I need is to direct them to the site and have them getting the same quality info I get. Sorry Joe and David, but in this case, I'm not willing to share. So that being the case, anybody know of another site that posts a top 100 that I can link to keep my secret safe?

Ok, I've got an odd request. Where can I find a top 100 list that includes IDP players for a Dynasty League that is NOT generated by Footballguys?

The Dynasty League I commish has it's rookie draft in early June. We do it online as members are all over the map. In our rules there is a fallback option on draft day where if an owner goes awol or misses more than 1 pick, he's still skipped for one spot but the Commish then will pick best player available from a set of cheatsheets. It's my desire that the cheatsheet be something any league member can view, preferably posted on a website. However I don't want to use FBG's as I feel it's too good! The last thing an irresponsible owner should get is the benefit of the comprehensive research this site publishes. Also, I'm only aware of 1 other guy in this league who's a FBG member. Last thing I need is to direct them to the site and have them getting the same quality info I get. Sorry Joe and David, but in this case, I'm not willing to share. So that being the case, anybody know of another site that posts a top 100 that I can link to keep my secret safe?
http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2006/d...PE=KEEPER&TIME=

Users who are viewing this thread