What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Javorius "Buck" Allen, RB BAL (1 Viewer)

Going to start Ware over Allen and hope for the best in a std league. I'm thinking worst case they score about the same but Ware having more upside. NO WAY can I start Allen with a backup to the backup starting at QB vs Seattle.

FBG seems high on him at home vs Seattle. I'm still deciding between Yeldon and him though. I think with Allen you are betting on the PPR touches.

FBG seems high on him at home vs Seattle. I'm still deciding between Yeldon and him though. I think with Allen you are betting on the PPR touches.
Yeah, kind of confused because when looking at the consensus rankings on fantasypros, he is listed as rb16 and 26 among all rb/wr. Hard for me to buy in to, but maybe I should just trust the volume.

Not seeing much difference between the two qbs as to Buck's value. A dump off is a dump off. Should we compare the dump off completion percentage between Schaub and Clausen? In fact I might expect a few more dump offs from Clausen.
One is an NFL QB that has lived by the dump off. He knows how to throw it and its his goto pass. The other can barely be called an NFL QB. Looking at the Bears vs Seahawks week 3 game with Clausen, the Bears had 146 total yards of offense. He went 9/17 for 63 yds. I'm not expecting much.
This. Schaub is at least competent. Clausen is definitely less than.

Trestman's system calls for passes to the running back. Clausen is not good. But he is a competitor and I don't expect Baltimore to lay down at home. He's still a good play in PPR. In standard it's tough to see the TD upside against SEA.

Not seeing much difference between the two qbs as to Buck's value. A dump off is a dump off. Should we compare the dump off completion percentage between Schaub and Clausen? In fact I might expect a few more dump offs from Clausen.
One is an NFL QB that has lived by the dump off. He knows how to throw it and its his goto pass. The other can barely be called an NFL QB.Looking at the Bears vs Seahawks week 3 game with Clausen, the Bears had 146 total yards of offense. He went 9/17 for 63 yds. I'm not expecting much.
This. Schaub is at least competent. Clausen is definitely less than.
I have to choose three between Gurley, Allen, Freeman and Rawls. Really comes down to Allen or Gurley for my 3rd guy. Was leaning Allen unless Clausen plays. If Clausen plays I'm going Gurley. Tough decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm playing Hillman over Buck and Ware in 0.5 ppr

My decision tree:

CJA expected to sit -> play Hillman

CJA expected to play and Schaub active -> play Buck

CJA expected to play and Schaub Inactive -> play Ware

Looks like I'm playing Hillman over Buck and Ware in 0.5 ppr

My decision tree:

CJA expected to sit -> play Hillman

CJA expected to play and Schaub active -> play Buck

CJA expected to play and Schaub Inactive -> play Ware
Got sort of a similar decision I posted about in the "Nervous" thread.

Sitting Buck and many other choices and will likely go Hillman.

On Buck - I think he has been slightly better than anticipated.

Most people were tempering expectations, and we really didn't know for sure how much workload he would actually get.

He has put up decent numbers since he has gotten the majority of the work, though the real defensive tests are coming.

It will be interesting as to how this guy is viewed going into next years drafts.

I know some people are depending on him in the playoffs due to injury or other circumstances, but I am actually hoping he is "quietly decent" from here on out.

That may keep the hype down on him next preseason, and he may well end up being a late round value.

TZM

I think I am sitting him if Clausen is playing. Clausen vs Seattle scares me. I will have to decide between Gio, Hill, and Gore. Ugh.
Weird.

On one of my teams I have almost exactly the same of those options.

Gio, Jeremy Hill, Buck Allen all three. (though I have LeSean McCoy, Latavius Murray and Ronnie Hillman also)

I thought briefly about Buck as my RB2.

If word comes out tomorrow that he will get a huge workload, I may well slot him back in.

I can see another game of quite a few of the dump offs to him vs Seattle.

I thought having Jeremy Hill and Gio would be such a great position to be in this year.

I couldn't have been more wrong, as owning both has been a real headache.

Had an injury occurred (which often happens to my RBs) we would have had fantasy gold.

Instead, it was fool's gold.

TZM

Clausen had a healthy Forte in week 3 and couldn't even manage that. I'm less than excited if he's starting.

Going with Ware over him. This defense is hot and he was already a volume play. Going to be ugly for the Ravens today I think.

Schaub expected to sit. So torn on this. It's either Buck, Duke or Turbin. Ugh
I think that I would still go with Buck in this case. Duke has been off the radar the past couple weeks and I don't think that Manziel is going to help. Buck at least has the volume and there is certainly something behind all of these rankings this week.

Ugh. Clausen is a buzzkill. Was starting Allen with confidence, now wondering if L. Murray (vs DEN) or E. Sanders would be better options.

FBGs still has him ranked very highly. How often do they update their rankings if at all? Seems like he hasn't moved even with the Clausen at QB news

I drafted Foresett on hopes of seeing the Trestman effect, and he was only getting 2-3 dump offs per game. However, Buck seems to be getting more.

I drafted Foresett on hopes of seeing the Trestman effect, and he was only getting 2-3 dump offs per game. However, Buck seems to be getting more.
He's the better receiver (Buck). Was excellent in college. He needs a full NFL offseason to see if he's feature back caliber for a season. He's faring well IMO.

I ended up putting him in. I think it is going to help that Rawls and Chancellor are hurt. Seattle will not be able to just run, run, run and as we have seen, Seattle D is not as good without Kam (if he is out).

Another FBG contradiction.

Both guys, On the Couch podcast says to not play Allen in any format week 15/16 - and considers DROPPING him in hopes an opponent picks him up as Allen plays KC this week and Pitt next week. Even in PPR.

So I head over to FBG's rankings and Allen is RB6

SIX this week 14-52 and 5-39 rec 16.5 PPR points.

Last week Allen was a top 10 play. It seems like FBG's are just ranking RB's based off total touches and hoping it hits the fan.

Hightower and Allen are guaranteed to get the touches but productivity is what I'm looking at.

Both guys, On the Couch podcast says to not play Allen in any format week 15/16 - and considers DROPPING him in hopes an opponent picks him up as Allen plays KC this week and Pitt next week. Even in PPR.

Last week Allen was a top 10 play. It seems like FBG's are just ranking RB's based off total touches and hoping it hits the fan.

Hightower and Allen are guaranteed to get the touches but productivity is what I'm looking at.
I don't know, just asking

Are the people who do the podcast the same as the people who submitted these rankings?

I don't know, just asking

Are the people who do the podcast the same as the people who submitted these rankings?
Bloom is a big part in the weekly rankings, the person he had one also agreed with him. Bloom and Dodds are like 1-2 punch here.

Anyone using him and over who?

RB6 from FBG's this week in PPR, seems CRAZY.
I've got him in over Ivory, McFadden & Hillman right now in PPR. (Start 3 RB & I also have Forte & Hightower in) I still might bench him for Ivory. I'm not sure what to do.

I am playing him. He is always going to get targets because that is part of Trestman's offense. Last week was about as bad as he is going to do, barring injury. At this point, I want to avoid as many < 5 point games as possible and he is always going to be above that because of targets and the fact that his team is always going to be behind with no wr talent to speak of.

I am playing him. He is always going to get targets because that is part of Trestman's offense. Last week was about as bad as he is going to do, barring injury. At this point, I want to avoid as many < 5 point games as possible and he is always going to be above that because of targets and the fact that his team is always going to be behind with no wr talent to speak of.
I'm playing KC's D so this will be tough to play him over Lacy who has been looking good.

RB6 seems very high for someone to BANK on the catches. 12-15 carries for 30-40 yards. Need those catches.

KC linebackers are pretty good at defending running backs against short passes. They pretty much shut down Danny Woodhead in each of their games over the last few weeks. When I watched those games they were all over him coming out of the backfield.

I don't know their stats against short dump passes to RBs....I'd be interested to know how they rank.

KC linebackers are pretty good at defending running backs against short passes. They pretty much shut down Danny Woodhead in each of their games over the last few weeks. When I watched those games they were all over him coming out of the backfield.

I don't know their stats against short dump passes to RBs....I'd be interested to know how they rank.
Good to know. He's RB 6 because of the 5-39

RB20 - Lacy is like 13-52 as well but 1-12 rec. the difference between RB6 and RB20 is peanuts.

Users who are viewing this thread