What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Designated IR Bylaws Question (1 Viewer)

r0llin_game

Footballguy
For those of you that have IR spots for players that are put on the season ending injured reserve along with the designated to return injured reserved list in your leagues, how are those players handled when they return from the designated to return IR (i.e. Shane Vereen, Andre Brown, Andrew Hawkins)? Have a situation in a couple of the leagues I run where we voted on the players are eligible to return to your active roster, but other than that, it's pretty vague. We have a situation in two of those leagues where we award a 1.13 toilet bowl winner pick, and one team in one league had left Shane Vereen on IR and could possibly activate him for the toilet bowl. That's the main league where the issue has arose. The other league is a team that could activate Andre Brown.

Thanks for any input.

In my league once they're on your IR they're there for the rest of the season. If they are designated to return, and you want to use them later, you keep them on your active roster the whole time.

We allow owners to place them on IR and if they are activated, they have the option to activate them or leave them on IR the entire season.

Activation should be required once they are off.
In my league once they're on your IR they're there for the rest of the season. If they are designated to return, and you want to use them later, you keep them on your active roster the whole time.
We allow owners to place them on IR and if they are activated, they have the option to activate them or leave them on IR the entire season.
This pretty much sums up the three options. Personally, I think leagues should choose option 1 or option 2 depending on league preference, but option 3 is just begging for trouble (as the Shane Vereen example in the OP demonstrates).

This is exactly how we approached it last year when this designation first appeared. If I recall, it was a late NFL rule change (or late notification of the change to the rest of the world) mostly nobody outside of the NFL itself had heard of until the Week 1 games. We voted to stick with this policy heading into this year.

If the player in question was IRDTR, an owner has the option to put them on the fantasy leagues IR, but then had to abide by our IR rules, which state that once placed there they could not be brought off until the season was over. If an owner didn't want to do that or drop the player, then they had to keep them on their roster, occupying a roster slot until they came off IRDTR. They could then use (start) said player whenever they felt the need.

Our rule states that the owner has one week to activate the player once they come off the IR. If the owner doesn't activate the player within one week, then he gets dropped from the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread