What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2024 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Daniel Jeremiah
I've been powering through video on non-combine players over the weekend. Here's a fun one to watch- Memphis RB Blake Watson. Big time burst and long speed. Sneaky power to break tackles in space and has production in passing game. Draftable for sure.

Tony Catalina
Explosive, consistent, and probably most importantly, has excellent FB IQ.

I filmed him kneeling instead of scoring here when many others would’ve taken the chance to get a TD, but it was the smart thing to do to end the Shrine Bowl.

Circa Sports
NFL 🏈
2024 Draft Position Opening Lines

For Draft Position props Over means the player is selected at a higher draft position number (ie. later in the draft) and Under means a lower draft position number (ie. earlier).

#NFLDraft2024

Sigmund Bloom
Of Note:

- Jonathan Brooks 56.5 means its a bet of "Will Dallas take Brooks at #56?

- Odds favor Odunze to go 8 or higher, Nabers 5 or higher, Bowers to go 12 or lower

- Payton Wilson set at 41.5 despite big medical questions

- McCarthy slight favorite to go before 6

Good reading. @travdogg - I've switched sides. I'm team Harrison. Not because of the link above, but because I've been hyper-analyzing the "all targets" vids. I favored Nabers for the explosiveness and diverse ways he can be used. Well, Harrison is very explosive too and can be used anyway Nabers can. He's also the much better route runner. Like Worthy the dumb drops bug me. He's also not strong with his hands when contested like Odunze. Matt Harmon might have the best (safest) take. He doesn't care how you rank the top 3. They're all WR1s in the NFL. They're different from each other. Pick what works best in your offense if you're an nfl team. Wait for situations to resolve for your fantasy team. He said he might rank Odunze #1 because of his modeling profile, but acknowledges it isn't the be all end all.

Ultimately for me - final answer - intangibles come into play...

Harrison
Odunze
Nabers

I love Nabers. I love all three. Like Harmon, I don't care how anyone ranks them... for the next 10 days anyway

Tyrone Tracy is a guy I'd want my team to take a day 3 shot on. Sure, he's a 24-year-old RB with limited production, but he went from Iowa WR to Purdue RB, and he's got a nice size/speed combo (5-11, 209, 4.48) with obvious pass catching skills. I get a bit of a Tony Pollard vibe from him as a day 3 sleeper.

That's really interesting to me. I found that I thought Trey Benson and Jaylen Wright looked like almost the same player, just different offenses. Great athletes with questionable running skills. I like Wright a bit more, but unless a team is concerned about Jonathan Brooks medicals, and really hates Blake Corum's lack of long speed, I don't know why either should be the top guy taken.

Bob McGinn: Part 1, WR/TE: Hall of Fame talent at the top, then (many) questions

16 scouts for NFL teams ranked their top 5 WRs in this draft class, and votes were scored as 5 pts for each first place vote, 4 for 2nd, etc. Out of a max possible 80 points, the leaderboard was:

72 Marvin Harrison (11 firsts)
65 Malik Nabers (4 firsts)
49 Rome Odunze (1 first)
13 Brian Thomas
12 Xavier Worthy
8 Keon Coleman
8 Adonai Mitchell
7 Xavier Legette
3 Ladd McConkey
2 Ja’Lynn Polk
1 Roman Wilson

For TEs, 15 scouts ranked their top 4. Out of a max possible 60 points, the leaderboard was:
58 Brock (14 firsts)
26 Ja’Tavion Sanders
20 Ben Sinnott (1 first)
17 Theo Johnson
10 Cade Stover
9 Jared Wiley
4 Erick All
3 Tip Reiman
2 Tanner McLachlan
1 Johnny Wilson

Tyler Dunne
The #Bills need a wide receiver — badly — and this is the year to draft one (or two, or three.) Scouts across the NFL shared loads of insight with @BobMcGinn on this year’s class: golongtd.com/p/part-1-wrte-…

A few…

Mitchell: “He’s a little bit of a wild horse. You’ve got to see if you can harness him in.”

Worthy: “If Worthy’s on the field you’re backing the f--k up and it’s a Tyreek Hillfest.”

Thomas: “Most of the guys in the top-10 (WR) are high-level competitors. I would say he is not.”

Coleman: “Receivers that ran slow include Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams. He’s got as good if not better body control than those guys do. He just goes up and gets it.”

Legette: “You can be unemployed taking risks on one-year wonders. That always concerns me. This year, he looks like DK Metcalf. Is he DK Metcalf? No, but there’s a lot there where someone’s going to take him in the second round.”

Gut reaction -- through #Bills WR lens -- is that I wouldn't overthink body types, X, Z, etc. Xavier Worthy praise is real, and it's a big-play league. He'd fit any offense that features a big arm. Adonai Mitchell stuff is concerning. Even heard from one coach out of the blue after this posted. Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread