What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2024 NFL Draft Class (4 Viewers)

32BeatWriters
On the second TE drafted:

“There are mixed predictions around the NFL on the second tight end off the board behind Georgia's Brock Bowers. Texas' Ja'Tavion Sanders was seen as the most likely option exiting the 2023 season, but that narrative has shifted during the pre-draft process.

For one, scouts are enamored with Kansas State's Ben Sinnott. He has a lot of fans as a Day 2 target. Scouts that I spoke to raved about his versatile skill set as a pass-catcher and blocker, and many believe he simply offers more than Sanders. It helps that Sinnott put on a show at the combine; he had the highest vertical (40 inches), longest broad jump (10-foot-6) and fastest three-cone drill (6.82 seconds) of all tight ends.

Don't be surprised to see Sinnott as the second tight end off the board and inside the top 75 picks.”

Matt Miller
4-5 QBs
7-8 WRs
8-9 OLs

20 of 32 picks in Round 1 will likely come from those positions

Jason Gold
7-8 WRs?!!!!!!!

Matt Miller
Harrison
Nabers
Odunze
Thomas, Jr
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Legette

That’s 8. Feels like 6 are a lock. But could get to 8 easily.

Scott Barrett
Tyrone Tracy: the ultimate upside wins championships pick in 2024 rookie drafts

As a sophomore WR, he led Iowa in YPRR with 2.26 (For perspective, proj. Round 1 WRs Adonai Mitchell and Keon Coleman never averaged 2.26 YPRR in any collegiate season)

Tracy had only 33 career carries before converting to RB in 2023. Nonetheless, he led all Power 5 RBs in this class (min. 100 carries) by yards after contact per attempt and ranked 2nd in missed tackles forced per attempt.

Upside comp: Antonio Gibson / David Johnson

Dane Brugler
#Colorado WR Xavier Weaver had his individual pro day this past week for scouts. His results (from an NFL team):

6000, 175
40/10: 4.47/1.48
VJ: 37"
BJ: 10'7"
SS: 4.30

Jim Nagy
We reached to Weaver to extend @seniorbowl invite in January and that's when we found out he was injured. Good Day 3 prospect. Those testing numbers will help him.

Eric Galko
If not for injury, there would be much more discussion about Jordan Travis in the 2024 NFL Draft quarterback conversation.

After the projected top-four quarterbacks, @Jordantrav13’s improvisation and athleticism stands out in that next group of QBs.

Quarterback improvisation and confidence under pressure are among, if not the, most important traits in today’s NFL, and Travis has shown he can adjust, create opportunities and finish either downfield as a passer or use his legs to generate big plays.

He’s shown leadership and poise throughout his @FSUFootball career, and he’s shown very high football IQ throughout the draft/interview process. And he’s continued to improve every way he can with @WillHewlett and @GormelyTM this draft cycle.

He’s shown at FSU that he has the talent, experience and football IQ to be a starter, but he’s going to make an NFL QB room better is many ways as a rookie.

Based on teams most interested, some really cool potential for Travis’s long term future in the NFL 👀

#ShrineBowlWhosNext

Hayden Winks
Catchable ball rate on throws 15+ air yards without pressure. Simply, are they accurate downfield?
1. Jayden Daniels (86%)
2. Bo Nix (78%)
3. Spencer Rattler (78%)
4. J.J. McCarthy (75%)
5. Caleb Williams (74%)
6. Drake Maye (71%)
7. Michael Penix (69%)

Porter/Stroud Enthusiast
What’s like the baseline for a good % here?

Hayden Winks
Mid 70s. Anything in the 80s is great. 60s is worrisome.

Very nice, imo. I've looked at too many big boards. Only 2 have graded this OL class like I see it. I'd shuffle some names around and get Guyton higher, but most seem to be missing just how good this OL class is. There's a trend to grade Fuaga after Alt. I think that's wrong. There's a trend to grade Alt a tier above his peers. I think that's wrong. There's a strong trend to move many players from other positions well above some of these O lineman. I think that's wrong.

I don't know if I'm right about this, but I had football on most Saturdays last season, and game after game the announcers were singing the praises of some offensive lineman. I'm an OL junkie so I paid attention, and the dude being praised would dominate. Every time.

The big board linked in Faust's quote above is by Nate Tice.

A former University of Wisconsin quarterback, Nate Tice analyzes NFL trends and draft prospects. Tice was previously a coach and scout in the NFL.

Seems qualified.

Tice's OL grading.
Player, OL rank, big board rank.

Fashanu, 1, 6
Alt 2, 7
Latham 3, 9
Fautanu 4, 10
Mims 5, 11
Barton 6, 12

Half of the first dozen highest graded players are OLs and no Fuaga. It's not crazy. These are potentially elite lineman. Mike Martz agreed on the top 3, broke down some film and prefers Latham and Fashanu to Alt.

5 more appear with 1st round grades.

Fuaga 7, 18
Suamataia 8, 22
Morgan 9, 25
Powers-Johnson 10, 27
Haynes 11, 30

I can think of almost a dozen more that should be very good starters. For all the hype this deep wr class gets, it doesn't impress me nearly as much as the depth of this ol class.

Last edited:
Laiatu Latu meeting with Vikings, Cardinals this week

PFF College
UCLA EDGE Laiatu Latu over the past two seasons:

🔵 95.4 PFF Grade (1st)
🔵 27 Sacks (1st)
🔵 126 Pressures (2nd)
🔵 23% Pass Rush Win Rate (1st)
🔵 94.5 Pass Rush Grade (1st)

Doug Farrar
New "Xs and Os with @gregcosell" -- More of Greg's Guys in the 2024 NFL Draft class! Time to discuss UCLA EDGE Laiatu Latu, who has all the pass-rush plans, and it REALLY shows up on tape. touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2024/04/02/202…

Jim Nagy
Only two guys remotely close to UCLA's Laiatu Latu in "Win Rate % Vs. True Pass Sets" in recent drafts are Bosa brothers. 🤯

Teams that overthink it with @laiatu_latu 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙞𝙩.

Tape & analytics align.

Most NFL-ready rush game I've seen in years.

He'll be an immediate factor on sub-downs for any team that takes him.

#BestoftheBest
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️

@32BeatWriters
A bit about Ben Sinnott:

“At the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine, the 21-year-old weighed in at just under 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds. He proceeded to post exceptional testing with a 4.68s 40-yard dash, a 40-inch vertical, a 126-inch broad jump, a 6.82s three-cone, and a 4.23s short shuttle. All of those numbers had him finish in the 90th percentile of the A to Z Sports Athletic Composite among tight ends dating back to 2000. He posted the best burst score (97.4%) of any tight end in the 2024 class and the second-best agility score (92.6%) to only CSU TE Dallin Holker.

Flip to the tape and you'll find a do-it-all player that excels just as much as a blocker as he does with the ball in his hands. He can line up anywhere you could possibly ask him to, in the backfield, on the wings, in line, on the perimeter, and in the slot. “

Here is the issue with QBs. Many should sit for some time - each one is different. Some need maybe half a year to learn the playbook, get up to speed with the NFL and feel comfortable leading the offense. Some need multiple years (Jordan Love) but then are ready to take on the NFL and compete at a high level.

So many coaches don't have multiple years. They need to win now and feel the pressure to start their high drafted QBs to "see what they got". The NFL has been chewing up and spitting out young QBs like no tomorrow and as a result their coaches also get chewed and spit out.

It is unfortunate for some of these highly ranked prospects that they won't get the proper time they need before they get their first start(s) in the NFL.

Even guys like Hurts and Allen took some time to figure things out and they are considered some of the best right now. These QBs need the right coaches, right system and proper supports to succeed. Many won't get that and crash and burn.

Jim Nagy
Only 15 days out from draft, the more teams we talk to, the more it sounds probable that @seniorbowl alums (in some order) could go 2-3-4 𝙖𝙩 𝙏𝙀 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 after Brock Bowers.

Penn State's Theo Johnson, K-State's Ben Sinnott, & TCU's Jared Wiley all embraced full pre-draft process, starting in Mobile, and will be rewarded for it in two weeks.

Look for all three tight ends to go on Day 2.

Sanders and Cade Stover are other two names that will be in mix in that 2-3-4 range.

Jim Nagy
Only 15 days out from draft, the more teams we talk to, the more it sounds probable that @seniorbowl alums (in some order) could go 2-3-4 𝙖𝙩 𝙏𝙀 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 after Brock Bowers.

Penn State's Theo Johnson, K-State's Ben Sinnott, & TCU's Jared Wiley all embraced full pre-draft process, starting in Mobile, and will be rewarded for it in two weeks.

Look for all three tight ends to go on Day 2.

Sanders and Cade Stover are other two names that will be in mix in that 2-3-4 range.
Not sure about these posts on twitter. I enjoy a lot of the content and info but these in particular frustrate me. He just tosses out the top 5 guys and said they are all in the range to go 2-5. thanks tips... oh boy. Throw enough stuff at the wall something will stick. He got flack for not including Stover and Sanders in the first post so has to go back and add them.

A general tip to everyone - careful what you "intake". It is all good information but just use it as that - info.

Users who are viewing this thread