What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donald Brown (2 Viewers)

Raider Nation said:
rockaction said:
Raider Nation said:
31 carries, 62 yards, 0 TD.

That has to be in the running for the most inefficient, high-volume stat line ever.
He's truly an awful runner, IMO. Had him in Indy. Have him now, so I don't begrudge him a thing. I just can't stand his running style. He's not much laterally and works well when the defense is expecting a pass. In short, he kinda stinks. But for now, you're exactly right. He's volume.

Until he loses his job.
That won't happen unless they make a trade. Mathews is down and now Woodcock is gone for the year. His new backup was practice squad fodder.
Heh. I'm actually worried about guys on the practice squad. Someone in my deep league picked the dude up. I forget who he even is.

Saw the Woodhead news. They just beat Seattle, and now these two injuries happen. Bad news for SD.

Raider Nation said:
rockaction said:
Raider Nation said:

That has to be in the running for the most inefficient, high-volume stat line ever.
He's truly an awful runner, IMO. Had him in Indy. Have him now, so I don't begrudge him a thing. I just can't stand his running style. He's not much laterally and works well when the defense is expecting a pass. In short, he kinda stinks. But for now, you're exactly right. He's volume.

Until he loses his job.
That won't happen unless they make a trade. Mathews is down and now Woodcock is gone for the year. His new backup was practice squad fodder.
Heh. I'm actually worried about guys on the practice squad. Someone in my deep league picked the dude up. I forget who he even is.

Saw the Woodhead news. They just beat Seattle, and now these two injuries happen. Bad news for SD.
Brown is not that bad. He has a 4.3 career average, is a good receiver and doesn't fumble. Nobody has had success behind the SD line thus far - Matthews is averaging 3.1 and Woodhead 2.5.

I think mccoy had a worse statline yesterday.

Brown should score well for a short while. Great guy to have for a few upcoming bye weeks.

Brown should score well for a short while. Great guy to have for a few upcoming bye weeks.
He does get Jax and Oak in weeks 4/6. For teams with ARI, CIN, CLE, DEN, SEA, STL, KC, or NO RBs I can't imagine a better pickup if he is available.

Raider Nation said:
rockaction said:
Raider Nation said:

Until he loses his job.

Brown is not that bad. He has a 4.3 career average, is a good receiver and doesn't fumble. Nobody has had success behind the SD line thus far - Matthews is averaging 3.1 and Woodhead 2.5.
Thanks for that info. I'm just...I'm not sold on him as a pure back based solely on an eye test. Anyone have PFF elusiveness ratings and YAC stats? Damn, I need to subscribe again.

He does get Jax and Oak in weeks 4/6. For teams with ARI, CIN, CLE, DEN, SEA, STL, KC, or NO RBs I can't imagine a better pickup if he is available.
This would seem like great news, but according to Football Outsiders, Oakland's rush defense is actually almost dead in the middle of the pack for 2013 and 2014. Jax is around 23/24 out of 32, so that's better.

Raider Nation said:
rockaction said:
Raider Nation said:

Until he loses his job.

Thanks for that info. I'm just...I'm not sold on him as a pure back based solely on an eye test. Anyone have PFF elusiveness ratings and YAC stats? Damn, I need to subscribe again.

This would seem like great news, but according to Football Outsiders, Oakland's rush defense is actually almost dead in the middle of the pack for 2013 and 2014. Jax is around 23/24 out of 32, so that's better.
For Oak it's more on opportunity. Is expect SD to win that game handily so the opportunity will be there

Last edited by a moderator:
And then there was one.

Matt Asiata opportunity with actual talent. Brown is not a phenom, we know what he is, but he's talented enough to score as a RB2 for a while.

Rotoworld:

Donald Brown admitted that "I need to make more guys miss."

Operating without center Nick Hardwick (IR, neck) and Ryan Mathews (week to week, knee), the Chargers run game has been anemic. Over the last two weeks, Brown has reverted to "Dammit Donald" status while rushing 41 times for 81 yards (1.97 YPC) and no touchdowns. "It's a collective effort. It starts with me," Brown said. "I need to make more guys miss. It doesn't matter who's blocked or unblocked, and just make more plays." Brown will be a poor bet to get going against the Jets' top-ranked run defense.

Related: Branden Oliver

Source: Associated Press
Sep 30 - 10:30 AM

im not saying that he hasnt been good, but the oline hasnt been giving him anything! PFF has the chargers as the 5th worst offensive line for run blocking. they are just as bad as the falcons and almost as bad as the panthers/jags. :yucky:

im not saying that he hasnt been good, but the oline hasnt been giving him anything! PFF has the chargers as the 5th worst offensive line for run blocking. they are just as bad as the falcons and almost as bad as the panthers/jags. :yucky:
The oline play is soooo important. Look at shady, ball, etc...

Benching him this week for cooks. I knew jets D was good but didn't know they allowed the fewest fantasy points to rbs so far

So, this made me laugh this morning. Thanks to the Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer, who calls the play below his favorite moment ever from the Colts-Ravens rivalry, for the reminder.
I present you Peyton Manning and Donald Brown from Indianapolis' 2010 playoff win vs. Baltimore.

"#######it, Donald!" indeed.

Manning's frustration might have stemmed from the theory that Brown was supposed to go left to block -- Manning does yell "LEFT!" before taking the shotgun snap -- but instead went right. It didn't matter since Brown didn't much of anything to impeded the progress of the four (!) Ravens defenders who had their eyes directed toward Manning and were advancing to do major harm.
I think Damnit Donald was supposed to go left to catch a pass in the flat on the other side, he would have been wide open.

Rotoworld:

Donald Brown rushed 12 times for 90 yards and caught 2-of-3 targets for 14 yards in the Chargers' Week 15 win over the Dolphins.

As Melvin Gordon (knee) left in the second quarter and did not return, Brown took over as the Chargers' primary ball carrier. He finished with 14 touches, the same workload as Danny Woodhead. If Gordon can't play in Week 16 against the Raiders, Brown will be in the lower-end flex discussion.

Dec 20 - 8:03 PM

He could be a decent volume play this week as a flex vs Oakland. You could do worse. I'm thinking of adding him as an emergency only bench guy this week.

The Boston Globe's Ben Volin reports RB Donald Brown's contract with the Patriots includes $300,000 guaranteed.
That is a significant chunk of his one-year, $965,000 deal. The high percentage of guaranteed money does not ensure Brown will be on the roster Week 1, but it makes it seem like the Patriots plan on him sticking around and contributing throughout the season. Brown managed just 751 total yards and one touchdown in 22 games with the Chargers, but he had periods of effectiveness with the Colts from 2009-13. It would not be a complete shock if he carved out a role behind Dion Lewis.

Source: Ben Volin on Twitter 
Mar 19 - 9:57 AM

Users who are viewing this thread