What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donald Brown had a knee scope (1 Viewer)

Ballard hasn't stood out this season, but I remember coming away fairly impressed with a few of his runs in the preseason.

According to Mike Chappell Donald Brown will be out 2-3 weeks due to a knee injury that he had scoped. Grab Vic Brown if you can get him. He may take the job and run with it.

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloomRT @pwilson24 Arians says Brown will be out at least 2-3 weeks. Means he had knee scoped. Vick Ballard starts, Carter rotated in
Hahahaha, just picked him up from waivers. That was between him and Alex Green. That was a waste of money.
Need a bye week filler between these two this week. Does the SP think Ballard can do anything this week vs the Jets?
Jets have been crappy against the run thus far. And with that pathetic NY offense I don't see this becoming a shootout. Ballard is averaging a pathetic 2.0 ypc (21 attempts) so it'll be interesting to see which wins out - the crappy defense or the crappy runner.

Is Brown droppable in re-draft leagues straight up for Ballard because of this?

Brown didn't exactly blow up with his talent and many sites like Roto have him rated very low even when healthy.

At least Donald could bounce it to the outside at times. Ballard is a plodder running behind a OL with no interior. It may be painful to watch this weekend and NYJ will statistically look less vulnerable on the ground after the match.

He's worth the stash in the event he turns it on, but it's just not a great situation.

At least Donald could bounce it to the outside at times. Ballard is a plodder running behind a OL with no interior. It may be painful to watch this weekend and NYJ will statistically look less vulnerable on the ground after the match.He's worth the stash in the event he turns it on, but it's just not a great situation.
Jets are down to their 3rd string NT though with Pouha and Wilkerson out.

The new regime inherited Brown and drafted Ballard. Brown has not looked terrible, but I expect their guy(Ballard) to get every chance to keep the job.

I'm in desperate shape this week and starting Ballard against the lowly Jets run D (29th in league right now allowing 4.9 ypc)

Ballard has sucked but thinking he might struggle his way to about 60 yards and a TD with 15+ carries.

Anyone else this desperate? Neither Carter nor Memo were active last game.

ETA: my bad, honda, original link here

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=662134

MOds please delete

Last edited by a moderator:
Given bye for Forte and waivers running last night, it didn't take me long to nab Ballard For a guy who should be the starter for the next 3 weeks, facing the Jets, Cleveland (On my bench here), then Tennessee should be a worthwhile add to those hurting at RB. While Amendola being gone does hurt the passing attack, Luck has still proven thus far to force defenses to not focus on the run, so I don't see teams rushing 8 to contain the run either. GB and AZ, the other RB adds this week are certainly more cloudy than Indy.

Thanks for the heads up with this post and the info provided in this thread! Was able to scoop up Ballard, I'm not a big fan of his talent but any RB who's getting a decent amount of touches has value.

Might actually look to trade him before Sunday.

Of the WW RBs this week it at least looks palatable. Carter has not gotten a carry all season and is not much of a pass-catcher. Roto is saying Memo will be in on all third downs.

You can't argue with his schedule the next 3 weeks:

(against the run)

at Jets (31)

Browns (26)

at Titans (28)

I'm not sure Ballard will have less Competition. Moore is a proven back who shown he can fill in when needed. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him being the most effective Colts back this week.

Ballard has been very unimpressive so far and has saw his snap count go down.

Alex Green or Vick Ballard for the next 2-3 weeks?
Ballard.

More opportunity - less competition
Ballard sucks though. At least Green has some talent.
Green is sharing carries on a pass happy first team.
Well Ballard will be probably be sharing carries on a pass happy team as well but he'll only be doing it for 2-3 weeks.
You sure?

You can't argue with his schedule the next 3 weeks:(against the run)at Jets (31) Browns (26)at Titans (28)
Outside of Foster's 50 yard gallop against the Jets on Monday night, the Jets bottled him up pretty good. Jets D looks inspired. That 31st rank is deceiving.Browns and TN on the other hand...KY

He's sitting on my wire and I'm not really that thrilled about grabbing him. I just don't see him being that productive beyond maybe this week. The only reason I'm considering it is because the defending champion in my league has Donald Brown as his RB2 with little behind him because of injuries, so this could really hurt his chances to win this week.

The only problem is that I'd need to drop Jacquizz Rodgers, Robert Turbin (I own Lynch), or Pierre Thomas to grab him...and I don't think he represents value over any of those options for my team.

[You sure?
I'm never sure. But Donald Brown was clearly outplaying Ballard so far this year. Last week Brown had his highest snap count of the season. 71% of the snaps I believe. So given a choice the Colts were reducing Ballards role and increasing Brown's.

I dropped Rodgers yesterday. The hype on him was based on a Turner with no wheels. Turner has proven doubters wrong on that count.

Who you decide to pick up this week should be dependent on your team and situation.

If you can stash I'd go with Wilson/Best.

If you need a stopgap I'd go with Ballard.

Powell/LSH fit somewhere in between, although I really like Powell's odds due to him being a possible three down back. ARI has already stated that they won't give LSH near a full workload (5'7 185 compared to Powell's 5'9 205-210, both have good hands).

Green/Starks also fit somewhere in between although I believe it's a bit more murky than the ARI situation. GB doesn't trust Green in pass blocking situations so I would not rule Starks out in the slightest, regardless of talent.

At least Donald could bounce it to the outside at times. Ballard is a plodder running behind a OL with no interior. It may be painful to watch this weekend and NYJ will statistically look less vulnerable on the ground after the match.He's worth the stash in the event he turns it on, but it's just not a great situation.
Slight correction: It's Ellis, not Wilkerson. They have a fatty named Harrison that is a pretty good against the run. Besides, if you want to run against the Jets, go off tackle and past the slow LBs.

Ballard is a great plug and play the next three weeks with byes. After Brown comes back, he's pretty much worthless.

Green is a better option for the rest of the season IMO.

Although its just a knee scope, Brown hasnt been really "killing it" to retain his starting spot if Ballard happens to go off.

Ballard is a great plug and play the next three weeks with byes. After Brown comes back, he's pretty much worthless.Green is a better option for the rest of the season IMO.
You never know. A lot of people thought the same thing when Felix Jones went down with an injury last year, and Demarco Murray stole the job with his play (granted, he ended up getting hurt after a few weeks, but the point remains).

The only problem is that I'd need to drop Jacquizz Rodgers, Robert Turbin (I own Lynch), or Pierre Thomas to grab him...and I don't think he represents value over any of those options for my team.
:confused:What's the problem dropping Rodgers?? Done nothing his year & has bye next week. He simply can't run the football and isn't being consistently used as pass game threat. (Turner has 4 less receptions) I think folks are gonna be upset if Turner goes down because I don't see Rodgers' role changing (ATL would slot Snelling in Turner's role)Ballard may be useful as bye week fill with Colts having bye already. (Jets matchup is obviously appealing)

Ballard is a great plug and play the next three weeks with byes. After Brown comes back, he's pretty much worthless.Green is a better option for the rest of the season IMO.
You never know. A lot of people thought the same thing when Felix Jones went down with an injury last year, and Demarco Murray stole the job with his play (granted, he ended up getting hurt after a few weeks, but the point remains).
:goodposting: And prior to Felix's injury, Murray had 24 carries for 71 yards (3.0 YPC). Not saying Ballard will do the same, but you never know. Given that he is likely to be the starting RB on an offense that is looking good with a great rookie QB, it is silly to not take a chance on him.

Alex Green or Vick Ballard for the next 2-3 weeks?
Ballard.More opportunity - less competition
Ballard sucks though. At least Green has some talent.
Green is sharing carries on a pass happy first team.
Well Ballard will be probably be sharing carries on a pass happy team as well but he'll only be doing it for 2-3 weeks.
:goodposting:Not to mention Green is a good pass catcher and can take advantage of any passing targets he gets.

Slight correction: It's Ellis, not Wilkerson. They have a fatty named Harrison that is a pretty good against the run. Besides, if you want to run against the Jets, go off tackle and past the slow LBs.
Obviously you're correct, it's Kendrick Ellis that's injured.

Are you comparing Ballard to Demarco Murray ?LOL

Users who are viewing this thread