What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deep Week 3 WW Adds? (1 Viewer)

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
I understand that there are a couple of these threads nearing the top of the page right now but I thought a thread looking at some deep league options might be useful. I'm talking about options that may only be available in 14+ team leagues or in formats like FFPC where benches are large. For instance, Khiry Robinson may be a no-brainer add but the odds of him being an option in the aforementioned leagues are slim to none.

D. Williams (MIA) - Moreno is out for a month, Miller is dinged up and not a proven starter, recently signed D.Thomas is a known plodder/underwhelming talent.

J. Kerley (NYJ) - Pass attack is underwhelming but someone has to catch balls with Decker possibly sidelined with hamstring injury. Was targeted 8 times vs. GB.

S. Redd (WAS) - I have no clue who this guy is but Helu exited the game with a knee injury and Redd closed out the game with a 8/41/1 stat line. Is this the new ALMO cuff?

D. Harris (GB) - I'm going to need to look at the snap counts when available but Starks didn't register a touch vs. NYJ while Harris at least picked up a reception. Whoever the true cuff is will probably hold value.

S. Bailey (STL) - Austin sprained his MCL and Britt is a bum. Quick is the man but there could be room for one more mouth in this offense. Bailey could be reinstated this week.

D. Carrier (SF) - Davis (ankle) is on crutches and McDonald left the game with a knee injury. Made some tough catches last night.

A.Holmes/D.Moore (OAK) - Streater left the game with a hip flexor, Holmes garnered 7 targets, Moore 5 targets.

J. Landry (MIA) - Looks like he's taken over Gibson's slot role in MIA.

I understand that there are a couple of these threads nearing the top of the page right now but I thought a thread looking at some deep league options might be useful. I'm talking about options that may only be available in 14+ team leagues or in formats like FFPC where benches are large. For instance, Khiry Robinson may be a no-brainer add but the odds of him being an option in the aforementioned leagues are slim to none.

D. Williams (MIA) - Moreno is out for a month, Miller is dinged up and not a proven starter, recently signed D.Thomas is a known plodder/underwhelming talent.

J. Kerley (NYJ) - Pass attack is underwhelming but someone has to catch balls with Decker possibly sidelined with hamstring injury. Was targeted 8 times vs. GB.

S. Redd (WAS) - I have no clue who this guy is but Helu exited the game with a knee injury and Redd closed out the game with a 8/41/1 stat line. Is this the new ALMO cuff?

D. Harris (GB) - I'm going to need to look at the snap counts when available but Starks didn't register a touch vs. NYJ while Harris at least picked up a reception. Whoever the true cuff is will probably hold value.

S. Bailey (STL) - Austin sprained his MCL and Britt is a bum. Quick is the man but there could be room for one more mouth in this offense. Bailey could be reinstated this week.

D. Carrier (SF) - Davis (ankle) is on crutches and McDonald left the game with a knee injury. Made some tough catches last night.

A.Holmes/D.Moore (OAK) - Streater left the game with a hip flexor, Holmes garnered 7 targets, Moore 5 targets.

http://nflgsis.com/2014/Reg/02/56198/Gamebook.pdf

Kerley is a great security blanket for any Jets QB, but his fantasy value reminds me of Doug Baldwin's. With Decker likely out, it's not a bad risk if you play in leagues that need many receivers. He would have had only 50 yards and a TD even without the timeout call.

As it was, he was 3-22 with 8 targets.

http://nflgsis.com/2014/Reg/02/56198/Gamebook.pdf
So Harris saw 8 offensive snaps to Starks's 4. Thanks.

Kerley is a great security blanket for any Jets QB, but his fantasy value reminds me of Doug Baldwin's. With Decker likely out, it's not a bad risk if you play in leagues that need many receivers. He would have had only 50 yards and a TD even without the timeout call.

As it was, he was 3-22 with 8 targets.
Yeah Kerley isn't anything special and has a pretty low ceiling but he may be worth looking at in PPR. I could see him catching a minimum of 5 balls vs. CHI on MNF if Decker misses time.

Silus Redd was a former Penn State stand out that transferred to USC during the scandal. Got lost in the shuffle there but he has talent. If I owned Alf, I'd snatch him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread... these are the types I end up looking at in my 16-teamer...

I'll echo two of these...

Damien Williams (MIA) - I'll echo this one for sure - was high on him in the preseason. I was all over the Moreno thread as an anti-Lamar Miller guy... I don't think Moreno is any great shakes (because he's not) but he pretty soundly set Miller to the 1B/Second back role in a matter of a couple weeks of camp after Miller supposedly looked awesome. I'll say it again: Lamar Miller looks great in shorts and shells, not so much when the pads come on. Plus Miller, if I'm not mistaken, dropped a couple of third down passes in the second half while Miami was trying to get back in the game. Williams is a big back (better suited to between-the-tackles running) and can catch the ball as well. Could slide right into that Moreno role.

Stedman Bailey (STL) - There was talk these guys would get reinstated for this week, but that didn't happen. Bailey's own tweet said he might be suiting up this week, so it sounds like he's pretty much ready to go when he gets the green light from the league. I thought he was likely their best receiver down the stretch last year, and with Austin now out and undetermined amout of time with that knee injury, Bailey should slot right into the WR rotation, either in the slot in 3 WR sets, or starting opposite Britt. wdcrob is high on him, which always gets my attention... and Bailey is a guy that knows how to run routes, knows how to get open, and catches everything... Seems to me STL could use a WR getting open in the short-to-intermediate portion of the field. It's not an ideal situaiton, but bet on talent.

I'll add...

Dion Lewis / Boom Herron -- Idk which one, but I'm guessing one of them is going to be useful down the stretch. If Bradshaw makes it through a full season, then so be it... but that's a safe guy to bet on getting banged up, just like Trent is a safe guy to bet on sucking. Lewis would appear to have been signed to back up Bradshaw in that passing game role, like he was set to have for Cleveland before getting injured. I lean his way slightly as I don't see why they'd bring him in on a 2-year deal if they were sold on Herron (or why they'd have Herron returning kicks for that matter).

Brandon Bostick (GB) -- Didn't play an offensive snap yesterday, so he's a definite deep league special... but Quarless and Rodgers weren't involved in the passing game hardly at all. Adams may emerge as that third receiving weapon, rendering the TE position moot, but I would imagine Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy want a pass-catching TE component working the middle of the field. Bostick is by far their best receiving TE, and gives the best chance at that TE impact on the roster. He's probably free right now in a lot of leagues, especially after last week.

As for Silas Redd (WAS) - Helu is supposedly day-to-day, and Redd is much more Morris clone than Helu anyway. If Helu gets hurt (as in multi-week absence) I'd expect to see either Morris with more 3rd down work or Thompson brought up from the PS.

ETA -- that isn't to say I don't believe in Redd's talent... just that I doubt he's unseating Morris. Honestly Redd could force more of a committee with Helu than we'd like to give him credit for in the event of a Morris injury, so in that regard... perhaps he is the Morris handcuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Bostick have no snaps because he's still not right, or because he's behind both the other guys? If it's the former, I'm definitely buying.

I don't have anyone to add but I just wanted to give a :thumbup: to this thread since most of the other players mentioned are never available in my leagues.

Did Bostick have no snaps because he's still not right, or because he's behind both the other guys? If it's the former, I'm definitely buying.
That I don't know - he played on ST. My guess is a combination of the two. He was climbing in preseason before he got hurt...

To add on Damien Williams -- I saw a tweet that he had one of the highest RB grades from PFF for this week despite his limited opportunities... I don't have PFF so I'm not sure if that's correct or not, but interesting nonetheless. Moreso if it's true, obviously.

To add on Damien Williams -- I saw a tweet that he had one of the highest RB grades from PFF for this week despite his limited opportunities... I don't have PFF so I'm not sure if that's correct or not, but interesting nonetheless. Moreso if it's true, obviously.
Yes, number 5 behind Murray, Bell, Lynch and Forsett. Way better run grade than Miller and equal blocking grade (about average). About number 25 out of 100 in blocking.

Users who are viewing this thread