What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darren Sproles Thread (2 Viewers)

Darren Sproles wrote Sunday that 2018 will be his final NFL season.

Sproles, who turned 35 last month, is coming off a torn ACL. "Coming back from any injury is tough -- especially a knee injury for a running back," he wrote. "I wondered if I was going to come back the same, if I would still have my quickness. ... Once I started rehabbing and running again I could tell I was good and ready for one more healthy year." Sproles noted he is currently eighth on the NFL's all-time list for career all-purpose yards, and his goal is to catch Tim Brown at No. 5. Sproles is currently 527 total yards behind Brown.

Source: Officialize.com

Jul 15 - 5:01 PM

No disrespect to Sproles, but I hate the idea of his overtaking Tim Brown for anything. And if there were ever an indication of how all-purpose yards was meaningless in the grand scheme of things, it's that Sproles currently rankings 8th. 

The Athletic's Sheil Kapadia believes Darren Sproles could have a "real role" on offense this season.

Kapadia also believes the Eagles will monitor Jay Ajayi's carries for a stretch run and, in doing so, still use a running back rotation. It's worth noting Ajayi is entering the final year of his contract. Sproles has received first-team reps in camp, specifically on third down and in Philadelphia's two-minute offense. The 35-year-old veteran has said 2018 will be his final season, so we still expect Corey Clement to be used as a viable change-of-pace/receiving back more often than not.

Related: Eagles

Source: The Athletic 

Aug 4 - 10:58 AM

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Darren Sproles (hamstring) is expected to miss "multiple weeks" with his latest injury.

The veteran had been hoping to return this week but obviously that didn't pan out. While the Eagles haven't given an exact timetable for his return, one source told Rapoport that Sproles is likely facing a 3-4 week absence. With Sproles unavailable, Wendell Smallwood, Corey Clement and Josh Adams will continue to work as part of a three-man backfield for the Eagles.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Nov 11 - 8:36 AM

Eagles signed RB Darren Sproles to a one-year contract.

36-year-old Sproles will try to go out on his terms after being limited to six games with injuries last year. He didn't have any free-agent interest this offseason, but the Eagles never ruled out bringing him back. Sproles joins a crowded backfield in Philly and won't be guaranteed a role, but he's still an effective kick returner. His presence is a threat to Miles Sanders and Corey Clement's snaps.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 19, 2019, 5:33 PM ET

It’s a crowded backfield - in many ways the Eagles would be better off if he can’t make the team because guys like Sanders, Howard, Clement and Scott are too good to cut.
If he doesn't make it then that's good, those other guys proved it.  If he does, that's also good because he's still got enough in the tank to beat them out.  Win/Win.  Also think he'll be a great mentor for Sanders, especially in his pass catching game.  I think there's a good chance we keep 5 RB's this year.

Users who are viewing this thread