What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coach Otis Midseason Freebie: Timothy Wright, TE <(^v^)> (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Every midseason, the hawks fly out over the ocean, and we'll chum the water a bit, throw some snacks down to the sharks. This is it, fish. Feeding time.

Meet Timothy Wright. He's 6'4" and 235 lbs of pass-catching robo-player. The guy is a beast. An undrafted rookie out of Rutgers, now playing for his college coach, and he was moved from WR to TE in June.

He's become a favorite target of Glennon. In fact, he's top 10 in the league for TE targets over the past three games. And he's been cashing on those targets. Guy has hands like glue, and athleticism that's closer to a big WR than a stock NFL TE. What does that mean? Maybe he's not the guy who want run blocking for your NFL team, but he's a guy you'll definitely want pass catching for your fantasy team.

He's what Jermichael Finley was going to be, except a much more reliable version of Jermichael Finley. He's a big, athletic, way-too-good-at-receiver-to-be-TE type guy. He creates mismatches. He's tough to cover. He's tough to bring down. He caught his first TD last week -- the first of many he'll catch. He's going to be a solid play the rest of the season, and a wonderplay in dynasty formats.

The point? He's still below the radar. But in a few weeks he won't be. Open those gills and swim fast as you can to your Mega Zork Dyno Dork 1.22.3 MFL big money league waiver wire and scoop him up. Look like a genius in a few weeks when your're sitting around in front of the TV with your cousins over Thanksgiving weekend and they're all jaw-gaping over this guy wondering who the hell he is.

"He's Timothy Wright. And I've had him on my squad since week 9."

Swim deep, friends.

-Coach

Last edited by a moderator:
"Swim deep, friends"

Coach, i subscribe...but shouldn't we be "flying high"

"Falcon Screeech" millinium....

A little late for this post really. :violin:

People have been talking about him for a few weeks now.
People in here have talked about pretty much everyone in the NFL. If that's the standard for picking your next stud for you, I hope you have 98 man rosters in your league.

But Otis, JockStrap84 already posted a thread asking about this guy! So we already KNEW he was a stud!!!

Welcome to the Wright express. There's a seat available in business class.

ETA: picked him up before his bye week just to be sure we got him.

This call on weight is so late it really is comical. And the other Tim wright thread wasn't enough? What's up with that? Lol

Anyway, yeah he's on both of my redraft teams as my backup TE rt now and on yahoo he has a WR/TE designation which makes me think with mike Williams gone he will have similar value as colston in his rookie year back in the day moving forward.

So yeah I'm on board.

I just picked up Wright this week; dropped Finley for him :thumbup: . He is definitely intriguing and not on too many people's radar; even around here. It seems as if the perfect storm is brewing for this kid to have a top 10 2nd half: Mike Glennon-Rookie QB, Mike Williams out for the remainder of season, Doug Martin out for the foreseeable future, and no other competition at TE. Since Doug Martin is a goner, defenses will be keying on Vincent Jackson so Wright should have plenty of room to work in the middle of the field. There are also a ton of targets available with Williams out of the picture. Glennon has already shown a liking to him and they should only improve with more playing time together.

I've got my ticket for the Wright express. :boxing:

What the hell ever happened to Luke Stocker--did he just suck it up, or is he more the blocking in-line type TE?

I just picked up Wright this week; dropped Finley for him :thumbup: . He is definitely intriguing and not on too many people's radar; even around here. It seems as if the perfect storm is brewing for this kid to have a top 10 2nd half: Mike Glennon-Rookie QB, Mike Williams out for the remainder of season, Doug Martin out for the foreseeable future, and no other competition at TE. Since Doug Martin is a goner, defenses will be keying on Vincent Jackson so Wright should have plenty of room to work in the middle of the field. There are also a ton of targets available with Williams out of the picture. Glennon has already shown a liking to him and they should only improve with more playing time together.

I've got my ticket for the Wright express. :boxing:
ummm...Finley was on the Coach's All-Value team.

If it weren't for the whole hawk song and dance, I think we may be able to take this thread seriously (and ignore the other thread that was already started).

I agree... Wright has a chance to be a TE1 the ROS. It doesn't take much... after Graham, Gronk, Cameron, and Reed right now, I think you have a few guys that are all jumbled up in the 1 to 2 position on the outside looking in. Wright can make that leap with Williams out and the Bucs playing from behind the rest of the season. I'm buying in redraft and have tried to grab him where I could in dynasty just to see this play out.

FBG has him at TE17 for the rest of the year. That's not very studly. :shrug:

TOP5, GANG.
Top 5? He get traded to Denver or something? :o

Fantasy Live has been pimping this guy for weeks... lots of mad love for Timmy.

If we released subscriber content to the public at the same time we gave it to subscribers, it wouldn't be much of a business model.

We've been talking about Wright in The Hawks' Nest since week 2.

If we released subscriber content to the public at the same time we gave it to subscribers, it wouldn't be much of a business model.

We've been talking about Wright in The Hawks' Nest since week 2.
So this is all about the urge to spray? :shrug:

Your "freebie" is about a month too late and your shtick is about a decade too old.
Good shtick never gets old. I'll always be a fan of well written posts with a bit of humor to break the monotony of regular "Here's who I Like" threads.

In his newsletters he's dead serious, by the way. Almost somber.

Your "freebie" is about a month too late and your shtick is about a decade too old.
Good shtick never gets old. I'll always be a fan of well written posts with a bit of humor to break the monotony of regular "Here's who I Like" threads.

Me too... you got a link to any of those?

Where is this bit of humor you speak of?
Whew... tough crowd! :unsure:

/ducks out

Discounting the jokes in the thread, and the fact that Wright was a well known sleeper many weeks ago, I think the topic is valid.

Wright is set up for a nice end of the season. Since week 4 (when Glennon took over), he has one dud, an average game, and two good performances. With Williams gone, he'll have more involvement.

It may surprise many to know that he is averaging more points per game than Jason Witten since week 4 as well, and it's not from a fluke game. If anything, Witten's numbers are skewed from one game that accounts for over 40% of his stats in that time frame.

In fact, I'm so confident in Wright, I moved Witten for him and Terrance Williams (I also gave Bolden), and feel ok with him as my TE1 for the remainder of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread