What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Championship or Presidency (1 Viewer)

You can have only one:

• Favorite team win a championship

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • Person you support wins the Presidency

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters
Favorite team, easily. Everyone running for POTUS has major brain damage. Who would want that headache but a mentally disturbed individual on a power trip?

How is this even a question?

Whether the Raiders win a championship or the next 10, it won't have nearly the impact on the country as any presidential election.

I'll take a Super Bowl or World Series title over an election easily. Not even close.

How is this even a question?

Whether the Raiders win a championship or the next 10, it won't have nearly the impact on the country as any presidential election.
consider the position that the variance between the average republican and democratic presidential nominee is not large enough to make a discernible (predictable) impact

consider the position that the variance between the average republican and democratic presidential nominee is not large enough to make a discernible (predictable) impact
That's likely true. There is marginal difference between the two parties - but there's still a difference. The impact of any given election, however small, would be more than a fleeting moment of happiness should the Raiders win the Super Bowl. 

I went with sports but under the assumption we were talking Republican/Democrat only.

If we add in 3rd parties then my vote would have been different.

My favorite team has had a few championships in my lifetime (although it's been a few years since the last one). I haven't supported a single president.  I'd like to see one of my guys in the White House.

Seems like both the Vikings finally winning a Super Bowl and either of these majority candidates winning the election are pretty much end times signs. I guess i might as well go out with a championship for my team.

Trump presidency or another Raven's Superbowl?  Welcome comrades to our new Russia loving country. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no you haven't.  Even if you're 50 and are a Canadiens, Yankees, Lakers, Steelers, and Tide fan (I bet this guy actually exists) you haven't. 
I've met a Spurs/Alabama/Patriots fan. 

ETA: That a Tide fan had an opinion about the NBA, at all, was most surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
1991. That's the last time the Redskins won a superbowl. Ask a cubs fan if they would give up their WS title to put Hillary in office. 

How in the hell did those 33 clowns manage to log on here? ;)  

1. You can have only one:

• Favorite team win a championship

• Person you support wins the Presidency

Anybody who would still answer sports in the face of the #### show we are experiencing right now is too stupid for words.

Anybody who would still answer sports in the face of the #### show we are experiencing right now is too stupid for words.
This country has faced & survived many challenges. If you think that one a hole can derail the house, the senate, the supreme court and countless angry soccer moms, then you have no faith in the Constitution of the United States. 

Meanwhile, a  50/50 bet every four years or a 1 in 32 bet  once a year? No brainer, pay the man, Shirley :D  

This country has faced & survived many challenges. If you think that one a hole can derail the house, the senate, the supreme court and countless angry soccer moms, then you have no faith in the Constitution of the United States. 

Meanwhile, a  50/50 bet every four years or a 1 in 32 bet  once a year? No brainer, pay the man, Shirley :D  
If we're limited to the last two, sure.  But if I'm supporting someone early in the primaries, I want that person to win more than I want my Jayhawks to win the championship. 

If we're limited to the last two, sure.  But if I'm supporting someone early in the primaries, I want that person to win more than I want my Jayhawks to win the championship. 
The primary system is a large part of the problem. We need a NATIONAL primary that works like a sports championship. Take 6 or 8 candidates  from each party & have a nationwide election to whittle that down to 2 candidates. A month later, have another election to pick the nominee for each party. Why should [Iowa  or ANY state for that matter] get to decide who will run before the rest of country even has a chance? Why should some states get to choose from 7+ candidates & others get 2 or 3?

This is the entire political problem... us vs them mentality.   
The mentality itself is fine.  It's when it becomes misguided that it causes a problem.  There are still those out there that believe it's Dem vs Repub.  It's not....it's politician vs citizen.  This should begin to become clearer in the near future to those who still can't see it.  If it doesn't, it's willful ignorance at work and voting privs should be revoked ;)  

The mentality itself is fine.  It's when it becomes misguided that it causes a problem.  There are still those out there that believe it's Dem vs Repub.  It's not....it's politician vs citizen.  This should begin to become clearer in the near future to those who still can't see it.  If it doesn't, it's willful ignorance at work and voting privs should be revoked ;)  
I am pretty confident that if anybody takes a shot at him, it will be somebody who voted for him.

Users who are viewing this thread