What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I move a robins nest? (1 Viewer)

Cowboysfan8

Footballguy
A momma robin built a nest and laid 3 eggs in one of our flower hanging baskets under our patio. Dumb move on her part because everytime we walk outside she spooks and flies away.

Anyway, the birds hatched either late yesterday or this morning and I’ve got a dozen people coming today for a cookout. 
We will be outside all day.

Im thinking of moving the basket across my yard to either a clothesline post or the basketball hoop so the babies aren’t alone all day. 
I don’t want her to abandon them because I moved it, I also don’t really want to get flogged by Ms Robin as I’m carrying the basket across my yard.

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick look at Wikipedia says robins will not shy away from nesting near human habitation, and her spooking is probably just instinct. The nest should be fine, but if you can move it to an out of the way area of your patio, that should be fine.

So I moved it to a clothesline post by the edge of the woods. She flew out of the nest and sat in a tree 20 feet away and watched me. 
Wife and I walked away and watched as momma Robin flew over where the basket originally was and sat on the ground staring up at the empty hook. I thought maybe I’d hang it from the basketball rim because she sits up there a lot. She sat on the ground and watched me hang it there , then flew back over to the original spot and stared up at the empty hook.

After about 10 mins of that I brought it back to its original spot and she flew right back in the nest

🤦‍♂️

So I moved it to a clothesline post by the edge of the woods. She flew out of the nest and sat in a tree 20 feet away and watched me. 
Wife and I walked away and watched as momma Robin flew over where the basket originally was and sat on the ground staring up at the empty hook. I thought maybe I’d hang it from the basketball rim because she sits up there a lot. She sat on the ground and watched me hang it there , then flew back over to the original spot and stared up at the empty hook.

After about 10 mins of that I brought it back to its original spot and she flew right back in the nest

🤦‍♂️
That robin totally pwned you 

Robins are our friends. They eat all the grubs and worms that infest our lawns.   Now pigeons on the other hand...

Users who are viewing this thread