What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low / Sell High (1 Viewer)

beavers

Footballguy
It's week nine and fantasy playoffs are only weeks away.

Who are you targeting as buy low candidates?

Who are you selling?

Buy low candidates:

Colston - he didn't get many looks after coming back from injury.

Graham - I own him and have been waiting patiently for his upcoming schedule.

Payton Manning - he isn't living up to his name so some owners might be frustrated with him.

Michael Turner - he had a few tough games but his schedule is looking better.

Reggie Bush - Time is to buy now if you have the space on your bench to wait it out.

Add to your list:

Addai - The Colts schedule looks outstanding after the Pats and Steelers games coming up.

Wayne - Same as above

BUY: R.Brown - Miami's run schedule is very nice from here on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering Kellen Winslow as a buy low. Apparently the infection and team troubles are behind him, and his upcoming schedule looks pretty good.

The only concern that I now have with Graham is the fact that Gruden for some reason, seems inclined to keep him at FB.

Question ... i've been out of FF for 3 years, so how has trading solid regular season guys for guys with better playoff matchups work out usually?

guys like addai, wayne, colston, bush...in past years have you won (or lost) in the playoffs because of trades for these guys?

cuase it seems to me you'd be likely to give up too much for a guy with a good playoff schedule or his perceived value would be greater than his actual value. just wondering.

I would definitely agree on

Addai

Peyton

Add:

Terrell Owens

Torry Holt

Carson Palmer

Owens is actually averaging 14.4 yards a catch. Receivers doing that aren't usually done, are they? He'll get Romo back in a few weeks and be the same old TD machine.

Torry Holt: Rod Smith, Eddie Kennison, Derrick Mason...These guys have all done it while older. Holt's got a few years left in him, can probably be had for a WR3 right now.

Palmer. He might be done for the year, but until that's the word, go get him. He can be had for peanuts right now, and the last game he played in, he was actually very good.

Im trying to trade Jacobs but everybody knows about his tough schedule so nobody wants him. That being said hes usually good for a TD every week so Im not too worried and hes still a very good RB2

I tried selling high on Schaub this week (our redraft league's trade deadline was Thurs, 10/30), but couldn't get anything I deemed of value...I'll be keeping him to back up Cutler for the stretch run & playoffs

I'm considering Kellen Winslow as a buy low. Apparently the infection and team troubles are behind him, and his upcoming schedule looks pretty good.
:unsure: I tried to get Winslow last week but the owner wouldn't budge.
I sold Winslow along with Thomas Jones for Chris Johnson. I wanted to upgrade at RB3 (RB2 while Bush is out) and have Owen Daniels as my TE.

With the announcement of a 1 game suspension, I think LJ is now a buy low.
Right now, I'd say you can get him pretty cheap. But the question is... Does anyone want him? I don't foresee the Chiefs offense turning it around anytime soon.

With the announcement of a 1 game suspension, I think LJ is now a buy low.
Right now, I'd say you can get him pretty cheap. But the question is... Does anyone want him? I don't foresee the Chiefs offense turning it around anytime soon.
Look at his schedule down the stretch. If Thigpen can be even close to average I think LJ can make you a decent RB2 or flex option.

Gus Frerotte - BUY very very low to use as your QB2 in case your starter gets injured. In many leagues he is on the WW. He certainly isn't a stud, but he has averaged 36 pass attempts in his 5 starts. And he hasn't played the easiest of opponents this far. He gets DET, ARI, and ATL in weeks 14-16. Weather will not be an issue for him during the cold season, as he plays in domes twice, and also in sunny Arizona. Hey, don't laugh. He has thrown for nearly 300 yards in each of his last 2 contests.

SELL HIGH on Michael Turner, but only after he has 3 good games vs OAK, NO, and DEN. His value is low right now, but should get higher after week 11. He faces TB and MIN in weeks 15 and 16.

BUY: R.Brown - Miami's run schedule is very nice from here on out.
+1 just traded for him.
At what cost - I would pay a pretty decent price for him, but I am finding owners dig in their heels on Brown.
I just gave Plax/Brown to get Wayne/Lynch.
Fair trade on both sides, IMO. But that shows me that Brown is worth MORE than Lynch ...That being the case, Brown is certainly not a buy-low prospect.

Dirty Weasel said:
Gus Frerotte - BUY very very low to use as your QB2 in case your starter gets injured. In many leagues he is on the WW. He certainly isn't a stud, but he has averaged 36 pass attempts in his 5 starts. And he hasn't played the easiest of opponents this far. He gets DET, ARI, and ATL in weeks 14-16. Weather will not be an issue for him during the cold season, as he plays in domes twice, and also in sunny Arizona. Hey, don't laugh. He has thrown for nearly 300 yards in each of his last 2 contests.
:goodposting: I like the way you think.

Dirty Weasel said:
:goodposting: I like the way you think.
Why I picked up Longwell today too :goodposting:

How about Avery as a sell high ...

I was trying to get Colston (turned down) for him.

I am considering offering Avery for Winslow or Witten since he is injured and has a bye next week it could happen

I tried selling high on Schaub this week (our redraft league's trade deadline was Thurs, 10/30), but couldn't get anything I deemed of value...I'll be keeping him to back up Cutler for the stretch run & playoffs
not sure of your scoring but have you checked schaub's stats lately? last 5 weeks he avg. 25+ in my leagues, and remember that mysterious illness caused him to miss a week else he would have more points. i think schaub is one of the top 2-3 QBs in the leagues right now(fantasy of course). the early bye week hurt houston IMO, that and the fact that their 1st 3 were on the road.

not sure of your scoring but have you checked schaub's stats lately? last 5 weeks he avg. 25+ in my leagues, and remember that mysterious illness caused him to miss a week else he would have more points. i think schaub is one of the top 2-3 QBs in the leagues right now(fantasy of course). the early bye week hurt houston IMO, that and the fact that their 1st 3 were on the road.
Oh yeah, I know... But Cutler has also been missing some of his weapons (which should be available again this week or next), and Schaub's schedule gets tougher as well. If Cutler doesn't get the job done for me this week vs. Mia, Ill likely start using Schaub once they are done playing Balt week 10. Even though Schaub will e on my bench this week, I'll be watchig w/ interest to see how he does on the road @ Minny

Dirty Weasel said:
:mellow: I like the way you think.
I agree. His schedule is great and the Vikings are showing more and more of an inclination to throw the ball - especially downfield to Berrian - with Frerotte at QB. In a year where Kyle Orton can become a legit fantasy starting QB anything is possible. I think people are sleeping on Frerotte right now.

haven't seen FWP in here. after being out 6 weeks or so his perceived value has decreased significantly. he's ranked something like 30 ovr in top 250 rbs going forward. (ppr)

to me it seems like something worth considering. maybe he could be had for an rb2 when he's really more of mid to low end rb1.

i've considered offering the likes of B.Jacobs for him. neither RB has an easy sched down the stretch.

any thoughts?

haven't seen FWP in here. after being out 6 weeks or so his perceived value has decreased significantly. he's ranked something like 30 ovr in top 250 rbs going forward. (ppr) to me it seems like something worth considering. maybe he could be had for an rb2 when he's really more of mid to low end rb1. i've considered offering the likes of B.Jacobs for him. neither RB has an easy sched down the stretch.any thoughts?
Id much rather have Jacobs. Even with a hard schedule he'll still score his TDs

Add to your list:

Addai - The Colts schedule looks outstanding after the Pats and Steelers games coming up.

Wayne - Same as above
Well at least someone out there (besides another poster in this thread) feels the same way about Addai being the ideal buy low right now. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...articleid=31462

I really like Wayne too who's value should be even lower than Peyton's at this point.

I bought Addai a couple days ago. Paid a fair price (maybe more than fair, depends how you look at it I guess) in a calculated upside risk move.

Hope it pays off.

Dirty Weasel said:
:thumbdown: I like the way you think.
Why I picked up Longwell today too :thumbup:
Minnesota is in the weird position of having one of (or the) best final 4 games for Ks, but one of the worst for Ks. The under the radar K to target is Carpenter.

haven't seen FWP in here. after being out 6 weeks or so his perceived value has decreased significantly. he's ranked something like 30 ovr in top 250 rbs going forward. (ppr) to me it seems like something worth considering. maybe he could be had for an rb2 when he's really more of mid to low end rb1. i've considered offering the likes of B.Jacobs for him. neither RB has an easy sched down the stretch.any thoughts?
I think people mentioned Parker in this thread - along the lines of "the folks who have been waiting on him this long aint gonna give him up for cheap" (ETA - actually, that was said about Colston, but it applies).

I'm thinking about selling semi-high on DeSean Jackson, in my league that is a heavy PPR and awards return yardage points. He is #8 overall in my league right now but I see that receiving corps getting real deep, real fast. It all depends on this week, I want to see how they use him with Curtis and Brown both active.

Selling:

Brandon Jacobs
conversely, D. Ward is a great 'buy low' candidate..buy low:

Fargas

Sammy Morris

Steve Smith, NYG
I'm thinking "no" for Morris. Maroney is out for the season and still Morris isn't able to even get in the games to take the role. That, to me, says he's hurt to the extent that he won't be particularly useful for the rest of the way.

Marc Levin said:
:thumbup: I like the way you think.
Why I picked up Longwell today too :lmao:
Minnesota is in the weird position of having one of (or the) best final 4 games for Ks, but one of the worst for Ks. The under the radar K to target is Carpenter.
What do you mean by that :thumbup:

Totally disagree. Schaub has been one of the top 2-3 QB's the last 4 weeks. At home. Against some suspect competiton. Lot more road games vs. tougher competition the rest of the way - he'll come back down to earth.

Im trying to trade Jacobs but everybody knows about his tough schedule so nobody wants him. That being said hes usually good for a TD every week so Im not too worried and hes still a very good RB2
In a 10 team, 3-keeper (QB, WR, RB) league I just bought a little high on Jacobs with a, '09 2nd rounder and a case of Miller Lite. The 2nd should be an early pick and the Miller Lite definitely swung the deal in his favor, but I'm in a bind with Bush, Felix, and a CAR bye week (Deangelo and Stewart). Needed it and probably overpaid, but I'm hoping they run more as the weather worsens...

Users who are viewing this thread