What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bump Ballard? (1 Viewer)

And Colts.com doesn't even have him on their depth chart. All I'm saying is it's all jumping to conclusions until we really figure out what happens. As of right now Bradshaw is still in a walking boot.
Because they haven't updated their depth chart since the end of last year (notice is says "copy-write" 2012 on the bottom of the page, and doesn't have D Brown on it either who didn't finish the season, or any rookie they just drafted).

Also, as I said above, Bradshaw is in a walking boot still because Chuck Pogano asked him to be in it as he's "playing it safe" with Bradshaw.
I actually don't see where you mentioned Pagano told him to wear it just said they are going to play it safe with him. What I do see is this:

“We just see a huge opportunity for me to come and help Vick and those guys out,” Bradshaw said. “I feel this offense is young and they need a spark and I feel like I can be that spark. I like having the load on my back, but Vick, he’s proven himself so I don’t mind coming in and helping those guys as much as I can.“ Said Pagano: "This guy will carve himself out a role and a niche on our football team, I’m sure.”

Bradshaw saying they saw an opportunity to bring him in to help Vick and Pagano saying that Bradshaw will carve out a niche roll for the Colts. If anything Bradshaw makes it sound like there was already a discussion prior to him signing that he's going to play second fiddle and help develop Ballard. Neither of them makes any indication that Bradshaw is the new starting RB. There has yet to be a single actual report stating that fact it's just all these sites jumping on the ship that Bradshaw is clearly the starter. The fact is Pagano has said several times Ballard was the guy and how impressed they've been with him throughout camp so far. I don't expect the 1 year signing of Bradshaw to unseat him that easily.
Sorry, I posted it in the Bradshaw thread.

Coming back to the office at lunch, I heard on Sirius NFL radio on their "2 minute drill" a snippet from a Pagano press conference where he said that he asked Bradshaw to remain in the boot to "play it safe." He also mentioned that Bradshaw has been playing basketball recently (which in a way makes me cringe as I had Suggs on my team last year).

I get that Ballard is obviously still on his rookie contract, but that's kinda my point. His rookie contract is for less than $500k this year because he was such a low pick in the draft and he didn't do much in his rookie season to show that he's really anything special. A 5th round pick isn't going to beat out a guy coming off a 1,000 yard season in only 14 games with nagging injuries who also has 2 Super Bowl rings in his pocket.

And Colts.com doesn't even have him on their depth chart. All I'm saying is it's all jumping to conclusions until we really figure out what happens. As of right now Bradshaw is still in a walking boot.
Because they haven't updated their depth chart since the end of last year (notice is says "copy-write" 2012 on the bottom of the page, and doesn't have D Brown on it either who didn't finish the season, or any rookie they just drafted).

Also, as I said above, Bradshaw is in a walking boot still because Chuck Pogano asked him to be in it as he's "playing it safe" with Bradshaw.
I actually don't see where you mentioned Pagano told him to wear it just said they are going to play it safe with him. What I do see is this:

“We just see a huge opportunity for me to come and help Vick and those guys out,” Bradshaw said. “I feel this offense is young and they need a spark and I feel like I can be that spark. I like having the load on my back, but Vick, he’s proven himself so I don’t mind coming in and helping those guys as much as I can.“ Said Pagano: "This guy will carve himself out a role and a niche on our football team, I’m sure.”

Bradshaw saying they saw an opportunity to bring him in to help Vick and Pagano saying that Bradshaw will carve out a niche roll for the Colts. If anything Bradshaw makes it sound like there was already a discussion prior to him signing that he's going to play second fiddle and help develop Ballard. Neither of them makes any indication that Bradshaw is the new starting RB. There has yet to be a single actual report stating that fact it's just all these sites jumping on the ship that Bradshaw is clearly the starter. The fact is Pagano has said several times Ballard was the guy and how impressed they've been with him throughout camp so far. I don't expect the 1 year signing of Bradshaw to unseat him that easily.

Coming back to the office at lunch, I heard on Sirius NFL radio on their "2 minute drill" a snippet from a Pagano press conference where he said that he asked Bradshaw to remain in the boot to "play it safe." He also mentioned that Bradshaw has been playing basketball recently (which in a way makes me cringe as I had Suggs on my team last year).

I get that Ballard is obviously still on his rookie contract, but that's kinda my point. His rookie contract is for less than $500k this year because he was such a low pick in the draft and he didn't do much in his rookie season to show that he's really anything special. A 5th round pick isn't going to beat out a guy coming off a 1,000 yard season in only 14 games with nagging injuries who also has 2 Super Bowl rings in his pocket.
Similar to how a 7th round draft pick beat out a 4th round draft pick with a Super Bowl ring in his pocket? Aka... Bradshaw beating out Jacobs. Draft picks mean nothing. Brady beat out Drew Bledsoe. Russell Wilson beat out Matt Flynn after Flynn just signed a huge contract, Alfred Morris beat out Roy Helu and the list just goes on.

Realize you're literally saying "A 5th round pick isn't just going to beat out a 7th round pick".

Similar to how a 7th round draft pick beat out a 4th round draft pick with a Super Bowl ring in his pocket? Aka... Bradshaw beating out Jacobs. Draft picks mean nothing. Brady beat out Drew Bledsoe. Russell Wilson beat out Matt Flynn after Flynn just signed a huge contract, Alfred Morris beat out Roy Helu and the list just goes on.

Realize you're literally saying "A 5th round pick isn't just going to beat out a 7th round pick".
I know I'm nitpicking here but none of those examples make a lot of sense or are not relevant.

- Bradshaw and Jacobs both had the same ring in their pockets at the time - and neither ever really beat out the other. Both always had a role;

- Brady did not beat out Bledsoe - Mo Lewis almost murdered Bledsoe;

- Russell Wilson was a higher draft pick than Matty Flynn was and Flynn didn't sign a "huge" contract - but admit it was an upset;

- Roy Helu was hurt when Morris took his job.

Bottom line though as you imply is talent wins out. Bradshaw is a better talent and was brought in for a reason. I can see Ballard having a role - almost like a lesser Brandon Jacobs, but to think that just because the HC didn't run out and declare Bradshaw the starter right away, that that is not what is ultimately going to happen is a little shortsighted imo.

Bradshaw plays through his foot issues and he will this season for sure being on a one year deal. The better player will play more - Bradshaw should prove to be the better player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm nitpicking here but none of those examples make a lot of sense or are not relevant.

- Bradshaw and Jacobs both had the same ring in their pockets at the time - and neither ever really beat out the other. Both always had a role;

- Russell Wilson was a higher draft pick than Matty Flynn was and Flynn didn't sign a "huge" contract - but admit it was an upset;

Bottom line though as you imply is talent wins out. Bradshaw is a better talent and was brought in for a reason. I can see Ballard having a role - almost like a lesser Brandon Jacobs, but to think that just because the HC didn't run out and declare Bradshaw the starter right away, that that is not what is ultimately going to happen is a little shortsighted imo.

Bradshaw plays through his foot issues and he will this season for sure being on a one year deal. The better player will play more - Bradshaw should prove to be the better player.
All I'm really saying is the statement "A 5th round pick isn't going to beat out a guy coming off a 1,000 yard season in only 14 games with nagging injuries who also has 2 Super Bowl rings in his pocket." is silly only because of the statement 5th round pick. I'm a Giants fan, I love Bradshaw and was upset to see him go (albeit excited to see Wilson get his chance). I just still don't think this is a cut and dry a situation as everyone is making it out to be. Pagano clearly liked a lot of what he was seeing in Ballard. I think this signing is less to do with lack of confidence in Ballard and more of a lack of confidence in Donald Brown as the 3rd down back. In the end neither of us knows, this is all pure speculation. Only time will tell.

Deal done. Sucks for those who drafted already and took Ballard in the 4th/5th rounds of their dynasty startup or redraft leagues or traded him for like say Stafford straight up or future 1st round picks and more.
Yup, just gave him a 3 year deal at good money in a dynasty/keeper startup about 3 weeks ago, where contract years are pretty scarce
Why? No offense or anything, I just see/saw nothing in Ballard other than playing time by default. Painfully average.
He's my RB2 in a 16 team dynasty startup. I thought he was a good deal as a low end RB2. He rushed for > 600 yards in the 2nd half last year after getting the full time gig, is young, and had what appeared to be a great opportunity lined up. Not an elite talent by any means but I was pretty happy getting him. Should have gone after Ivory I guess, who went for less money

2nd-year RBs: Vick Ballard

Evan Silva

This is Part 4 in my 10-Part Second-Year Running Back Series. For the Lamar Miller, David Wilson, and Bryce Brown writeups, click here:

Miller Link.
Wilson Link.
Brown Link.

Vick Ballard

A fifth-round pick out of Mississippi State, Ballard opened his rookie year as the Colts' change-of-pace back behind Donald Brown. When Brown suffered a Week 5 knee injury that required surgery, Ballard took over as Indy's feature runner and never relinquished the role. He went on to rank fourth among all rookies in carries (211) and fifth in rushing yards (814). While offensive line play deserves its share of blame, the run game was Indianapolis' weak link all season. The Colts ranked 22nd in rushing, 25th in yards-per-carry average (3.80), and 30th in 20-plus-yard runs (5).

For a piece like this, I think it's important to be completely transparent about any preconceived opinions. I had a somewhat sour taste in my mouth about Ballard once the season ended. I watched him consistently during the year and thought he lacked special qualities as a runner. Ballard failed to demonstrate big-play ability, and gave Indianapolis' rushing attack little juice.

I also think it's important to isolate running back performance from line play, which obviously can be difficult when a front five allows frequent penetration. So I didn't hold it against Ballard when J.J. Watt butterknifed through the Indianapolis line and buried him in the backfield. The 2012 Colts' most common O-Line read, from left to right, LT Anthony Castonzo, LG Joe Reitz, C Samson Satele, RG Mike McGlynn, and RT Winston Justice. Only Castonzo and Satele will return as 2013 starters. This was a very weak unit and GM Ryan Grigson knew it.

Based on my attempt to isolate Ballard's play from that of his blockers, these were my observations after re-watching and charting his four heaviest workloads of the season. They were Week 7 vs. Cleveland, Week 16 at Kansas City, Week 17 vs. Houston, and the Colts' Wild Card Round loss to Baltimore. All in all, I reviewed 93 Ballard touches.

Schematically, it stood out that playcaller Bruce Arians liked to run out of single-back sets with three receivers on the field. The 2012 Colts were not an I-formation team. They rarely used a lead blocker, and when they did it was usually tight end Dwayne Allen. The single-back, three-wide look ("11 personnel") isn't necessarily a running-friendly package. Ballard handled 66 of the 93 touches (71.0 percent) I charted in single-back sets. Since Arians is now in Arizona and Indy will play more two-tight end offense under new coordinator Pep Hamilton, this fact may be more relevant for Rashard Mendenhall than Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw in forward-thinking terms.

Strictly as a runner, Ballard came off as a try-hard back who could get what was blocked but didn't give the Colts a whole lot more. He is an inside grinder with plus vision, capable of identifying cutback lanes and using foot quickness to exploit them. In most cases, a team's usage of a player tells you a lot about the strengths and weaknesses the team perceives in that player. Ballard lacks speed to beat second- and third-level defenders to the corner, so Arians rarely used him on the edge. Of the 89 carries I charted, I noted just eight (9.0 percent) as designed "outside" runs. Ballard received two toss sweeps, and was stuffed for one yard on each.

Ballard could add yardage to inside runs if cutback opportunities opened. If not, he wasn't going to turn in chain-moving gains unless the run blocking in front of him was effective.

Ballard does run with some wiggle and shiftiness, and can make himself skinny in the hole. He is an athletic-looking, seemingly smart player with grit. Ballard consistently finished runs by driving into defenders and keeping his body north-south. In that respect, he didn't leave much yardage on the field. On the rare occasions Ballard was sprung out into the open, he didn't even try to make defenders miss, ostensibly realizing his own limitations. He was satisfied to simply fall forward.

Ultimately, Ballard's run talent is not in the same ballpark as fellow rising second-year backs Lamar Miller, David Wilson, and Bryce Brown. Beyond 290-plus-pound linemen, there aren't many NFL defenders Ballard is capable of out-running. Ballard can't stick his foot in the ground and explode upfield with acceleration. He is a measured, methodical back who relies on vision and patience, and earns playing time by staying reliably assignment sound.

As a rookie, Ballard demonstrated an ability to handle significant workloads and perform in a workmanlike manner. Even if his pass protection wasn't consistently stout, the Colts' coaching staff trusted Ballard to perform in those situations and by the end of the season he was being employed as a legitimate every-down running back. Ballard is slippery enough to avoid big blows. He is capable of functioning as a volume runner, but at the same time is volume dependent in the sense that Ballard is a pedestrian talent lacking big-play skills.

I think it's pretty clear Ahmad Bradshaw will be the Colts' lead runner so long as his troublesome feet cooperate. Superior in pass pro with more quick-twitch running ability, Bradshaw is an upgrade on Ballard in virtually every area. Ballard looks to me like a player who can operate passably in a temporary spot starter's role, but long term would be best utilized as a No. 2 NFL back.

So is there anything to see here this year.

They brought Bradshaw in who is still young and when healthy a great combo of Pass blocking, pass catching and running the football. In a lot of ways he is like Vick Ballard with a little more experience.

Ballard has the support of his coach and teammates after last year and has good feet and vision and decent pass catching ability. I don't see this as a time share as each back bring to he table a similar skill set.

Is Ballard underrated? He is going late in drafts yet is in a good offense and a soft division and is one injury away (from an injury prone starter) from going to 12 touches a week to 18-22.

Because RBs who are "nothing special" or do not "jump off the screen" do this all the time. Also, it was on a pass play for all the PPR'ers. Common sense still tells us that he is nothing special though, right?
I didn't really watch Ballard enough to form an opinion on your point in general, but that play was nothing special. He catches a pass while standing in the flats, runs straight, and jumps into the endzone. I'm not really sure why the uploader titled it "defies gravity" as it wasn't really any abnormal leaping ability, but maybe that's why the video has a higher ratio of downvotes than most youtube videos.
Wow, what's this, it's the #1 play of the year on NFL Network?

Thats not possible, you know, since its just an average players doing nothing abnormal.

Because RBs who are "nothing special" or do not "jump off the screen" do this all the time. Also, it was on a pass play for all the PPR'ers. Common sense still tells us that he is nothing special though, right?
I didn't really watch Ballard enough to form an opinion on your point in general, but that play was nothing special. He catches a pass while standing in the flats, runs straight, and jumps into the endzone. I'm not really sure why the uploader titled it "defies gravity" as it wasn't really any abnormal leaping ability, but maybe that's why the video has a higher ratio of downvotes than most youtube videos.
Wow, what's this, it's the #1 play of the year on NFL Network?

Thats not possible, you know, since its just an average players doing nothing abnormal.
Like David Tyree?

Ballard looks great in camp thus far while Bradshaw looks boated and is handing out water bottles. I've seen it with my own eyes. Take it for what it's worth.

pwned

IMHO, Bradshaw was brought in to start and he will IF he is healthy; however I don't think he is healthy and nor can he stay healthy for long. Ballard will likely end up being more productive.

You seriously dont think that Ballard is at least going to begin the season as starter?
It's certainly a possibility.

I don't think anyone can say, with any degree of confidence, how it shakes out over the next month.

Either one carries risk. Personally, I'd hedge my bets towards Bradshaw being the more valuable of the two over the course of the season but I wouldn't bet much either way.

I'll gladly take bets that Ballard outscores Bradshaw this season.

Ballard was the starter last season.

Ballard is taking all of the snaps with the 1s in training camp.

Bradshaw was brought in to bolster the running game for sure. He'll make a good backup if/when healthy.

I've watched camp with my own eyes but I'm not the coach.

Who said Bradshaw was brought in to start? Link?
No one officially with the team, but that was the speculation among many sports writers and bloggers at the time he was signed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

The Indianapolis Star projects Ahmad Bradshaw as the Colts' starting tailback, ahead of Vick Ballard.
We've anticipated the same; Bradshaw is an upgrade on Ballard in pretty much every area, from pass protection to big-play run skills. The Indy Star does concede Bradshaw may open training camp on the active/PUP list as the Colts manage his recovery from foot surgery. He hasn't practiced with the team yet. Due to Bradshaw's injury history, the Colts could wind up keeping four running backs on the 53-man roster. Bradshaw and Ballard are locked in, and rookie Kerwynn Williams is expected to be Indianapolis' primary kickoff returner. Donald Brown and Delone Carter will compete for one roster spot.

Related: Vick Ballard

Source: Indianapolis Star
Jun 14 - 4:41 PM

You seriously dont think that Ballard is at least going to begin the season as starter?

I don't think anyone can say, with any degree of confidence, how it shakes out over the next month.

Either one carries risk. Personally, I'd hedge my bets towards Bradshaw being the more valuable of the two over the course of the season but I wouldn't bet much either way.
What risks exactly does Ballard carry?

He runs the risk of scoring 4 points a game in PPR if he's not getting the majority of the carries, thus making him a bust at his current draft position.

where are the 4 points coming from?

and what other starting running back from a playoff team are you going to get in the 9th round?

I guess it all depends on what you view Bradshaw's role to be.

If Ballard were the unquestioned starter, he would certainly be going earlier than the 9th round as you alluded to.

So, while he may represent nice value at that point, it's comes with the risk of him being a handcuff to a very good RB.

Who said Bradshaw was brought in to start? Link?
If this was directed toward me, I never claimed it was a fact, just my opinion. As I said, I believe Ballard will be the more productive back.
Bradshaw is the ideal RB for a good passing QB, which is exactly why he was brought in. The problem is he just can't stay healthy. My opinion is that when he's healthy, he'll be on the field getting the majority of the snaps. No, Bradshaw doesn't add a whole lot of excitement for the running game, but he's a good runner. The Colts didn't hire the guy to be a backup or a change of pace guy. He's a decent runner and quite possibly the best pass blocker in the league. Ballard will be the change of pace guy.

This kid is gonna be the starter, Bradshaw is not able to stay healthy nor is he in any shape to play football if he is recovering from ankle and foot issues. My guess is he couldnt really be on it all the time.

Ballard is liked by Pagano, I think he ends up with the majority of carries when its all said and done.

If Bradshaw is healthy enough to start, no way Ballard is getting more touches than him. Based on each RBs ADP and health risk, I wouldnt argue Ballard is the smarter pick, but if Bradshaw is healthy Ballard is just another backup RB on your bench.

If Bradshaw is healthy enough to start, no way Ballard is getting more touches than him. Based on each RBs ADP and health risk, I wouldnt argue Ballard is the smarter pick, but if Bradshaw is healthy Ballard is just another backup RB on your bench.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I disagree. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I see a lot of people around here that say Ballard is JAG. I have always felt the same about Bradshaw. There's nothing special about him, but in the right situation he's been a marginal fantasy producer. I think Ballard can do the same.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I disagree. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I see a lot of people around here that say Ballard is JAG. I have always felt the same about Bradshaw. There's nothing special about him, but in the right situation he's been a marginal fantasy producer. I think Ballard can do the same.
Bradshaw was RB16 last year despite missing 2 games (and hampered much of the year), and RB20 in 2011 while only playing 12 games. Ballard saw limited time last year until week 7, but hardly "lit it up" once he was the starter, and was RB27. I never thought Bradshaw had that elite RB talent, but he has a lot more than Ballard does, and I dont think thats even arguable. Last year almost explains that itself.

The biggest question here is health. Bradshaw isnt really practicing, and people will likely see Ballard as the Indy starting RB in the first couple preseason games. I have a feeling Ballard's draft stock rises a couple rounds, and Bradshaw's falls the same. At that point, there probably wont be much more than a round of difference (both 7th rounders?).

Bradshaw will likely get picked first based on name, but he has much more upside (and injury risk of course). Pick your poison.

Bradshaw's not a world beater as a runner, but he's very physical for his size, runs with heart and aggression, is a capable receiver, and is one of the best blockers in the league. He's not JAG IMO, he's got plenty of skills, just not elite level skills. Jury is still out on Ballard so maybe he'll end up being as good or better, but Bradshaw brings plenty to the table that JAGs do not.

Bradshaw's not a world beater as a runner, but he's very physical for his size, runs with heart and aggression, is a capable receiver, and is one of the best blockers in the league. He's not JAG IMO, he's got plenty of skills, just not elite level skills. Jury is still out on Ballard so maybe he'll end up being as good or better, but Bradshaw brings plenty to the table that JAGs do not.
The fact he's seen significant carries for multiple years on a team that's won two SuperBowls shows he's clearly not just another guy.

In the two leagues I own Bradsahw I also have Ballard so it doesn't matter much to me who wins the job, but Bradsahw is clearly the better back when healthy. It would benefit me for Ballard to take the job and run with it, since he's younger and it would increase his value, but I just don't see how Bradshaw (a perfect fit for this offense) isn't the largess part of a RBBC once he's back in shape - and there's still more than a month before Week 1.

Don't throw an injury disclaimer on one of the least healthy guys in the NFL. Good chance Bradshaw stays on PUP into week 1 and beyond. Doubt Bradshaw gets more than 150 carries this year.

Bradshaw ran for a 2 Super Bowl teams but he wasn't carrying them. Ballard ran for an overachieving 2-14 team and he didn't carry them. I'd say both players are comparable.

The Colts improved their line. Lets see what Ballard looks like behind a better line.

Ballard far outscores Bradshaw this year IMO.

Ballard is the epitome of a JAG; in contrast, Bradshaw has been a highly productive back, both running and receiving. Ballard did not carry IND last season; Luck did. Ballard was just a JAG along for the ride. He had a 3.9 ypc and 2 TDs on 211 carries; that's well below average for an NFL starting RB. Bradshaw has a 4.6 career ypc and last year he had 4.6 ypc too. He has 32 career TDs; Bradshaw has scored once per 28 carries; Ballard scored once per 110 carries. Bradshaw has averaged 39 receptions per season the past four seasons. And for all the injury talk, Bradshaw played 57 out of the last 64 games (four seasons). People who don't know Bradshaw don't know he plays hurt, a requirement for an NFL back.

This situation is the kind of situation that ruins the season for newbies who get sucked into pre-season distractions. Ballard may start every preseason game, but he is not the starter. That's a sucker bet.

az_prof said:
Ballard is the epitome of a JAG; in contrast, Bradshaw has been a highly productive back, both running and receiving. Ballard did not carry IND last season; Luck did. Ballard was just a JAG along for the ride. He had a 3.9 ypc and 2 TDs on 211 carries; that's well below average for an NFL starting RB. Bradshaw has a 4.6 career ypc and last year he had 4.6 ypc too. He has 32 career TDs; Bradshaw has scored once per 28 carries; Ballard scored once per 110 carries. Bradshaw has averaged 39 receptions per season the past four seasons. And for all the injury talk, Bradshaw played 57 out of the last 64 games (four seasons). People who don't know Bradshaw don't know he plays hurt, a requirement for an NFL back.

This situation is the kind of situation that ruins the season for newbies who get sucked into pre-season distractions. Ballard may start every preseason game, but he is not the starter. That's a sucker bet.
you sir are insane

Bradshaw cannot get or stay healthy. Why in the hell would anyone think that Bradshaw at best is anything but a change of pace back?

Its telling that the Colts didnt draft any running back until late. They love ballard. Read some articles, they changed to a running gap system to better fit his style.

az_prof said:

The epitome of JAG? You do realize Ballard was a rookie last year. It's a bit early for statements like this. What exactly did Bradshaw do his rookie year? I bet it wasn't like Ballard's.

az_prof said:

you sir are insane

Bradshaw cannot get or stay healthy. Why in the hell would anyone think that Bradshaw at best is anything but a change of pace back?
Bradshaw started 14 games last year despite injuries. He was NYG's primary ballcarrier the last 3 seasons. Why the hell anyone would think Bradshaw is more than a COP back is because for a few years he has been exactly that.

Unless youre a Ballard owner in denial, youre the one who sounds insane.

Look at Bradshaw run over people, juke people, and break tackles. In over 200 carries, I don't think Ballard has one highlight that could find a place in Bradshaw's highlights. Ballard is pedestrian; Bradshaw is a baller. Ballard was on a bad team with little competition, stayed healthy, and got a lot of carries for an unknown rookie. But Ballard is not exceptional at anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmE6XmGb74

Ballard's longest run was 26 yards and his only highlight play was a dive into the EZ that most NFL RBs could make.

Look at Bradshaw run over people, juke people, and break tackles. In over 200 carries, I don't think Ballard has one highlight that could find a place in Bradshaw's highlights. Ballard is

pedestrian; Bradshaw is a baller. Ballard was on a bad team with little competition, stayed healthy, and got a lot of carries for an unknown rookie. But Ballard is not exceptional at

anything.

Ballard's longest run was 26 yards and his only highlight play was a dive into the EZ that most NFL RBs could make.
How many RB highlights do you remember diving into the end zone like Ballard did? The mere fact you remember it speaks volumes. I'm at camp right now. Ballard is taking all the snaps while Bradshaw is selling Dippin Dots.

az_prof said:

you sir are insane

Bradshaw started 14 games last year despite injuries. He was NYG's primary ballcarrier the last 3 seasons. Why the hell anyone would think Bradshaw is more than a COP back is because for a few years he has been exactly that.

Spot on. These guys are clearly Ballard owners who bought the guy and can't let it go even though the circumstances have changed. Despite all of the hoping/wishing/praying/shouting, Ballard is a JAG that happened to be in the right place at the right time last year to enjoy a few more carries than he normally would have had. These are the same type of guys who believed in Delone Carter, Evan Royster, James Starks, Jacoby Ford, Mike Walker, etc. AKA suckers. More power to them as they feed the distraction and help lower the value of the guys who actually help you win championships.

Look at Bradshaw run over people, juke people, and break tackles. In over 200 carries, I don't think Ballard has one highlight that could find a place in Bradshaw's highlights. Ballard is

pedestrian; Bradshaw is a baller. Ballard was on a bad team with little competition, stayed healthy, and got a lot of carries for an unknown rookie. But Ballard is not exceptional at

anything.

How many RB highlights do you remember diving into the end zone like Ballard did? The mere fact you remember it speaks volumes.I'm at camp right now. Ballard is taking all the snaps while Bradshaw is selling Dippin Dots.
Jerome Simpson? Not a RB but still. David Tyree was also mentioned above. Pretty much the same deal. One good play doesn't guarantee anything.

az_prof said:

you sir are insane

Not an owner, I only play redraft.

I think Bradshaw is/will be a change of pace back because they know he cannot handle the carries.

Users who are viewing this thread