What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bump Ballard? (4 Viewers)

Because RBs who are "nothing special" or do not "jump off the screen" do this all the time. Also, it was on a pass play for all the PPR'ers. Common sense still tells us that he is nothing special though, right?
I didn't really watch Ballard enough to form an opinion on your point in general, but that play was nothing special. He catches a pass while standing in the flats, runs straight, and jumps into the endzone. I'm not really sure why the uploader titled it "defies gravity" as it wasn't really any abnormal leaping ability, but maybe that's why the video has a higher ratio of downvotes than most youtube videos.
LOL, I love how people can put a spin on any negative possible.

Did you really say that play was nothing special? Do you watch football, normally if you are here I assume a person does, but in this case since you say it was nothing special makes me question if you can even see.

Also, down votes? seriously? One could say it has to do with the quality of video, but that would not help your case, so I understand your spin.

The odd thing is, guaging trade value, a lot of people agree with you. But thats what makes sharks sharks I guess, finding the players who will perform that everyone else is down on for good value.
I also don't think that play was anything special. Was it nice? Sure. But I didn't see anything there that any starting RB couldn't pull off in the right circumstances.

Because RBs who are "nothing special" or do not "jump off the screen" do this all the time. Also, it was on a pass play for all the PPR'ers. Common sense still tells us that he is nothing special though, right?
I didn't really watch Ballard enough to form an opinion on your point in general, but that play was nothing special. He catches a pass while standing in the flats, runs straight, and jumps into the endzone. I'm not really sure why the uploader titled it "defies gravity" as it wasn't really any abnormal leaping ability, but maybe that's why the video has a higher ratio of downvotes than most youtube videos.

Did you really say that play was nothing special? Do you watch football, normally if you are here I assume a person does, but in this case since you say it was nothing special makes me question if you can even see.

Also, down votes? seriously? One could say it has to do with the quality of video, but that would not help your case, so I understand your spin.

The odd thing is, guaging trade value, a lot of people agree with you. But thats what makes sharks sharks I guess, finding the players who will perform that everyone else is down on for good value.
I also don't think that play was anything special. Was it nice? Sure. But I didn't see anything there that any starting RB couldn't pull off in the right circumstances.
Put me in the camp that the play was nothing special. If anything he looked a little slow and that jump was a little weak

Put me in the camp that the play was nothing special. If anything he looked a little slow and that jump was a little weak
Weak? LOL, K

Weak? LOL, K
Despite you claiming everyone who disagrees with you is biased and with an agenda, you appear to be the most blindly biased person in the SP. Thank you for gracing us with informative yet concise counterpoints such as the quoted.

Weak? LOL, K
Despite you claiming everyone who disagrees with you is biased and with an agenda, you appear to be the most blindly biased person in the SP. Thank you for gracing us with informative yet concise counterpoints such as the quoted.
If you coming in here to just instigate on a post where I laugh at someone calling that play weak is not the definition of a troll, what is?

ETA: What specialness do you provide to this board other then being an instigator? Its funny someone disagrees with you, you cry just the same. When someone else does it you cry more. lol kids kids kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ballard is a solid running back with an average NFL skill set. He's not particularly fast, but does have quick enough feet to make people miss and the size and strength to get yards after contact when he doesn't. He's also an above average pass catcher who could gain value if his role expands to allow him to show this off more.

Right now he has the starting gig in an offense which will allow him to be productive, provided he maintains a strangelhold on that gig. Nothing more nothing less.

NFL and fantasy history is littered with average talents at RB that produced under the right circumstances and opportunities. Ballard has youth, opportunity and the benefit of a very good passing game at his disposal. He'll be productive by default, and may grow as a RB. the issue with owning him however is that he'll always be looking over his shoulder to see who Indianapolis brings in as competition. if that competition continues to be sixth round scat backs, then all is good. If they eventually bring in a solid productive veteran or draft a RB on the first or second day, watch out.

Ballard is a solid running back with an average NFL skill set. He's not particularly fast, but does have quick enough feet to make people miss and the size and strength to get yards after contact when he doesn't. He's also an above average pass catcher who could gain value if his role expands to allow him to show this off more.

Right now he has the starting gig in an offense which will allow him to be productive, provided he maintains a strangelhold on that gig. Nothing more nothing less.

NFL and fantasy history is littered with average talents at RB that produced under the right circumstances and opportunities. Ballard has youth, opportunity and the benefit of a very good passing game at his disposal. He'll be productive by default, and may grow as a RB. the issue with owning him however is that he'll always be looking over his shoulder to see who Indianapolis brings in as competition. if that competition continues to be sixth round scat backs, then all is good. If they eventually bring in a solid productive veteran or draft a RB on the first or second day, watch out.
:goodposting:

Coach Chuck Pagano confirmed that Vick Ballard is "sitting there as the lead guy" in his backfield.
Pagano was quick to add that Donald Brown "looks fantastic" and is a "home run hitter." But for now, the Colts are planning on rolling with Ballard as their feature back and Brown as the change-of-pace option. Both figure to see a bigger role in the passing game as the vertical-minded Bruce Arians is out and the West Coast scheme of Pep Hamilton is in.
Related: Donald Brown
Source: ESPN.com
May 15 - 12:04 PM

Agreed. I actually was more impressed before watching the video... recalling that play I thought he was upended more than any effort to jump.

A fun play, not sure what you can pick out about it to argue a special player made it.

Coach Chuck Pagano confirmed that Vick Ballard is "sitting there as the lead guy" in his backfield.
Pagano was quick to add that Donald Brown "looks fantastic" and is a "home run hitter." But for now, the Colts are planning on rolling with Ballard as their feature back and Brown as the change-of-pace option. Both figure to see a bigger role in the passing game as the vertical-minded Bruce Arians is out and the West Coast scheme of Pep Hamilton is in.
Related: Donald Brown
Source: ESPN.com
May 15 - 12:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000202035/article/chuck-pagano-vick-ballard-is-colts-lead-running-back

Chuck Pagano: Vick Ballard is Colts' lead running back

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

The Indianapolis Colts showed their faith in second-year pro Vick Ballard by waiting until the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft to address the running-back position.

While Ballard lacks the big-play ability of Donald Brown, he proved to be a more well-rounded and durable back down the stretch last season, averaging 92 yards from scrimmage over the final five games. Clearly, Ballard was the best runner on the team.

Coach Chuck Pagano now confirms that Ballard remains ahead of Brown as the "lead guy" entering the Colts' offseason program.

"Vick is a solid, solid guy; Donnie is a home run hitter," Pagano said Wednesday via ESPN.com. "(Ballard) just keeps getting stronger. The more carries he has, the better he gets."

The Colts figure to utilize Brown as a change-of-pace back specializing in outside runs, but that doesn't mean he will take over on third downs. Ballard is a more reliable pass protector and receiver, which is important as new offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton brings more West Coast principles to the Colts.

Former interim coach Bruce Arians likened Ballard to a poor man's Edgerrin James last December. Hyperbole or not, it sounds like Pagano is ready to give Ballard a chance to fill that role in the Colts' backfield.

Agreed. I actually was more impressed before watching the video... recalling that play I thought he was upended more than any effort to jump.

A fun play, not sure what you can pick out about it to argue a special player made it.
You guys have blinders in. Ballard plays hard. What is great about the play is the effort displayed in order to win the game. Plain and simple.

You guys have blinders in. Ballard plays hard. What is great about the play is the effort displayed in order to win the game. Plain and simple.
What are you talking about, other then having the awareness to reach for the pylon while he is spinning in the air when he is heading out of bounds at the 4 yard line to win the game in OT, its nothing special. lol Happens every game.

Shawnky said:
matuski said:

I don't think anyone has or would deny this... we are responding to the "special" claim. Ballard, while good... is a tough reach to label special.

Weak? LOL, K
If you coming in here to just instigate on a post where I laugh at someone calling that play weak is not the definition of a troll, what is?

ETA: What specialness do you provide to this board other then being an instigator? Its funny someone disagrees with you, you cry just the same. When someone else does it you cry more. lol kids kids kids.
I came in here to read about a guy I think is not very good but that I'd like to hear more about. I see you post a stupid youtube clip of a decent, but unspectacular play in an attempt to prove he's a special talent. People refute it and you reply "LOL, K". You bring nothing to this forum and you write like a 13 year old girl. When someone disagrees with me, I discuss. When someone disagrees with you, you either claim "agenda!" or you write something witty like LOL.

The fact that everyone else disagrees with you should be a clue to just move along, but I love this counterpoint:

Personally, I think a healthy Donald Brown is more special than Ballard. Given that he's in a contract year, I think Brown will find a way to stay healthy this year.

FF Ninja, on 16 May 2013 - 07:52, said:

Phenix, on 14 May 2013 - 08:50, said:

FF Ninja, on 14 May 2013 - 08:43, said:

Phenix, on 13 May 2013 - 20:21, said:Weak? LOL, K
If you coming in here to just instigate on a post where I laugh at someone calling that play weak is not the definition of a troll, what is?ETA: What specialness do you provide to this board other then being an instigator? Its funny someone disagrees with you, you cry just the same. When someone else does it you cry more. lol kids kids kids.
I came in here to read about a guy I think is not very good but that I'd like to hear more about. I see you post a stupid youtube clip of a decent, but unspectacular play in an attempt to prove he's a special talent. People refute it and you reply "LOL, K". You bring nothing to this forum and you write like a 13 year old girl. When someone disagrees with me, I discuss. When someone disagrees with you, you either claim "agenda!" or you write something witty like LOL.The fact that everyone else disagrees with you should be a clue to just move along, but I love this counterpoint:
>>>>>>>Quote>Did you really say that play was nothing special? Do you watch football, normally if you are here I assume a person does, but in this case since you say it was nothing special makes me question if you can even see.
Personally, I think a healthy Donald Brown is more special than Ballard. Given that he's in a contract year, I think Brown will find a way to stay healthy this year.
Yup, you are a troll.

As a Colts fan, I don't really have any issue with Vick Ballard as my RB for this season until we can, hopefully, draft one next year. He's not going to WOW you with 50+ yard runs every game, but he runs hard and as shown on the corkscrew TD, doesn't give up on plays if contact is coming. His talent is average, but the effort makes up for it to what will definitely put him into RB2 territory (though I'd prefer him as my RB3, of course).The Colts love to pass the ball, obviously, but I think with more confidence in their running game this year they'll be more likely to run the ball near the end of the game instead of continuing to pass for more offensive plays.As noted in this thread, Brown is in a contract year. He cannot stay healthy, and while I think that'll change this year, I think it'll be because he'll be trying to protect himself for one more contract. I don't think he'll have a very good season because of that. Ballard will be the guy to own in the Indy backfield, if you even want to grab one of them. Brown is more talented, but I see him playing it safe this year to try and stay healthy and get another back-up contract next year ala Shonn Greene this year (though for less money).

Stealthycat said:
sounds like Addai 2.0
I drafted Addai in 2009 at, if memory serves, right around the same ADP at which Ballard is currently going (RB26-27 range). He'd had a very mediocre '08 (3.5 ypc), the Colts had just drafted Donald Brown, and everyone was confident that '07 was a fluke and he could no longer be the workhorse back for the Colts. But if you listened to Colts sources, they were saying the same things about Addai then that they're saying about Ballard now - he's the lead guy, we believe in him, this is not a camp competition. Nobody believed them, of course.

Addai put up 1,164 all-purpose yards, scored 13 TD's, and was instrumental in winning me a title.

I'm taking Ballard all day long if I can get him as my RB3, and hoping for Addai 2.0.

mcintyre1, on 12 May 2013 - 13:58, said:

Phenix, on 11 May 2013 - 08:51, said:

FreeBaGeL, on 01 May 2013 - 11:12, said:

Phenix, on 01 May 2013 - 08:55, said:

LOL, I love how people can put a spin on any negative possible.Did you really say that play was nothing special? Do you watch football, normally if you are here I assume a person does, but in this case since you say it was nothing special makes me question if you can even see.

I'm in the crowd thinking that people are sleeping on him.But I agree that that particular play was nothing special in terms of athletic talent. If an NFL RB cannot do that in that situation, he won't be in the NFL for long.

It shows he's fighting for the end zone, but having heart is not unique either.

The corkscrew looks cute, but adds nothing in terms of proving talent or improving his odds of scoring. It just looks kinda cool.

BTW, where is David Tyree?

The case for Ballard is that:

1. He outplayed all the other RB's on the team last year.

2. The coaches speak of him as one would expect them to speak of a starter.

3. He's in an improving offense, so hopefully the rising tide will lift his ship as well.

4. The Colts didn't seem to think that RB was a priority in the draft or so far in free agency.

5. The scheme change may actually increase his involvement in the passing game.

That play belongs no where on that list.

Ballard is a Rudi Johnson type. He's solid but not spectacular. I think he'll hold onto the job longer than his haters think.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/77644/patriots-te-jake-ballard-must-stay-ready

Patriots TE Jake Ballard must stay ready

By James Walker | ESPN.com

It hasn't taken long for tight end Jake Ballard to shed his Big Blue colors of the New York Giants and join the New England Patriots. The teams have faced off in two recent Super Bowls and developed a healthy rivalry. Now, Ballard has been on both sides.

Ballard's last game with New York was against the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI in February 2012. He suffered a significant knee injury in that game. In a sign of respect, New England head coach Bill Belichick claimed Ballard off waivers despite knowing Ballard would not play the following season. The Giants weren’t happy about it, but New England had no issues stashing Ballard on their roster for a year instead while he rehabbed.

Ballard is ready to play again in 2013 and met with the Boston media for the first time Thursday. Ballard says there is no question where his allegiance stands.

"I'm absolutely a Patriot through and through," Ballard said, according to ESPNBoston.com. "I enjoy being here, I enjoy being around the coaches and everybody is great."

New England's waiver claim may come in handy one year later. Ballard missed all of last year but currently is the healthiest pass-catching tight end on the roster. According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, tight end Rob Gronkowski will have back surgery in June and will miss at least part of training camp. Meanwhile, Aaron Hernandez is out until at least until training camp while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery. Ballard would be the starting tight end for the Patriots if the season started today.

Gronkowski and Hernandez were in and out of the lineup all last season due to injuries. Ballard provides a good third option for the next time one of those two goes down.

If history is any indication, Ballard must stay ready. Gronkowski and Hernandez both have lengthy injury histories and numerous surgeries. Therefore, there's a strong chance Ballard's number will be called this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/77644/patriots-te-jake-ballard-must-stay-ready

Patriots TE Jake Ballard must stay ready

By James Walker | ESPN.com

It hasn't taken long for tight end Jake Ballard to shed his Big Blue colors of the New York Giants and join the New England Patriots. The teams have faced off in two recent Super Bowls and developed a healthy rivalry. Now, Ballard has been on both sides.

Ballard's last game with New York was against the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI in February 2012. He suffered a significant knee injury in that game. In a sign of respect, New England head coach Bill Belichick claimed Ballard off waivers despite knowing Ballard would not play the following season. The Giants werent happy about it, but New England had no issues stashing Ballard on their roster for a year instead while he rehabbed.

Ballard is ready to play again in 2013 and met with the Boston media for the first time Thursday. Ballard says there is no question where his allegiance stands.

"I'm absolutely a Patriot through and through," Ballard said, according to ESPNBoston.com. "I enjoy being here, I enjoy being around the coaches and everybody is great."

New England's waiver claim may come in handy one year later. Ballard missed all of last year but currently is the healthiest pass-catching tight end on the roster. According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, tight end Rob Gronkowski will have back surgery in June and will miss at least part of training camp. Meanwhile, Aaron Hernandez is out until at least until training camp while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery. Ballard would be the starting tight end for the Patriots if the season started today.

Gronkowski and Hernandez were in and out of the lineup all last season due to injuries. Ballard provides a good third option for the next time one of those two goes down.

If history is any indication, Ballard must stay ready. Gronkowski and Hernandez both have lengthy injury histories and numerous surgeries. Therefore, there's a strong chance Ballard's number will be called this season.
I think this belongs elsewhere.

Thought this was a jake Ballard thread. Thought we had something to talk about. The "other" Ballard is what he is; just a guy on a team and the team needs somebody at the position. He's probably serviceable for the price but I wouldn't have any interest in him outside of redraft leagues

Time to watch out. :lol:

Deal done. Sucks for those who drafted already and took Ballard in the 4th/5th rounds of their dynasty startup or redraft leagues or traded him for like say Stafford straight up or future 1st round picks and more.
Yup, just gave him a 3 year deal at good money in a dynasty/keeper startup about 3 weeks ago, where contract years are pretty scarce
Why? No offense or anything, I just see/saw nothing in Ballard other than playing time by default. Painfully average.

RB Ballard is young, I believe trusted to a degree, and Bradshaw will get dinged/injured and Ballard will be the guy IMO .... competition is GOOD - Ballard still has solid value

I've got him as a #4/5 on my roster an plan to keep him. Bradshaw can't stay healthy, and Ballard will start a few games this year. If it happens to coincide with bye weeks and injuries, cool. If not, I'll still keep him until he is fully seasoned and see what happens with him then.

Deal done. Sucks for those who drafted already and took Ballard in the 4th/5th rounds of their dynasty startup or redraft leagues or traded him for like say Stafford straight up or future 1st round picks and more.
Why? Where in any of these press releases from Indy about the Bradshaw signing does it say "Ahmad Bradshaw new lead back in indy"? Ohhhhh that's right nowhere. Because it hasn't been said, why? Maybe because he isn't the new lead back? Maybe because they're going to compete for the job?

Does Bradshaw's presence limit Ballad's potential a little bit? Sure, but it's only a matter of time before Bradshaw gets hurt, the guy's never healthy. And either way from a dynasty/keeper perspective Bradshaw was signed on a one year deal. If he sucks or only plays 8 games due to injury he's gone next season and they're still left with Ballard unless they trade or draft someone.

My guess? Bradshaw is the 3rd down back in Indy, he's one of the best pass blocking RBs in the game and is a good receiver to boot. But he won't take over as the lead back as he's proven for the past few years that his body can't hold up to the challenge. Ballard should still see a 200+ carry season behind Luck. Stop panicing until real news comes out about him.

-Signed a Giants Homer whose had to watch and deal with Bradshaw's inconsistent health for the past several years.

Khy said:
Why? Where in any of these press releases from Indy about the Bradshaw signing does it say "Ahmad Bradshaw new lead back in indy"? Ohhhhh that's right nowhere. Because it hasn't been said, why? Maybe because he isn't the new lead back? Maybe because they're going to compete for the job?

Does Bradshaw's presence limit Ballad's potential a little bit? Sure, but it's only a matter of time before Bradshaw gets hurt, the guy's never healthy. And either way from a dynasty/keeper perspective Bradshaw was signed on a one year deal. If he sucks or only plays 8 games due to injury he's gone next season and they're still left with Ballard unless they trade or draft someone.

My guess? Bradshaw is the 3rd down back in Indy, he's one of the best pass blocking RBs in the game and is a good receiver to boot. But he won't take over as the lead back as he's proven for the past few years that his body can't hold up to the challenge. Ballard should still see a 200+ carry season behind Luck. Stop panicing until real news comes out about him.

-Signed a Giants Homer whose had to watch and deal with Bradshaw's inconsistent health for the past several years.
Worst possible outcome.

-signed Ballard + Bradshaw owner

Khy said:

Worst possible outcome.

-signed Ballard + Bradshaw owner
Lol yeah I mean owning both of them is going to be bad news unless Bradshaw is projected to be that lead back with 250 carries. Then it'll work out well for you cause his ankle or foot will explode into a million pieces by Week 5 then you'll just swap him out for Ballard lol

Khy said:

It seems to me far more likely that Ballard becomes the guy who spells Bradshaw for a series to rest him and who starts when Bradshaw is hurt. Ballard still has some value, but it will be limited. Bradshaw does everything better than Ballard. There is always a chance that this is the year his feet completely fail him and that the signing was a complete waste. But I wouldn't bet on it because despite all the talk about injuries, Bradshaw plays hurt.

Khy said:

It seems to me far more likely that Ballard becomes the guy who spells Bradshaw for a series to rest him and who starts when Bradshaw is hurt. Ballard still has some value, but it will be limited. Bradshaw does everything better than Ballard. There is always a chance that this is the year his feet completely fail him and that the signing was a complete waste. But I wouldn't bet on it because despite all the talk about injuries, Bradshaw plays hurt.
He always played hurt because the Giants had no other options in the past. Even an injured Bradshaw was better than a healthy Brandon Jacobs who was never the picture of health either. In Indy though a injured Bradshaw is not better than a healthy Vick Ballard. Either way it's all speculation, all I'm saying is don't start jumping ship because Bradshaw was signed before getting a word out of the coaches mouth about depth charts. Personally, I hope the hype backs up from Ballard a little bit, I can't wait to snag him a few rounds later in every redraft this year and laugh my way to the bank when Bradshaw's foot falls off after week 3.

He always played hurt because the Giants had no other options in the past. Even an injured Bradshaw was better than a healthy Brandon Jacobs who was never the picture of health either. In Indy though a injured Bradshaw is not better than a healthy Vick Ballard. Either way it's all speculation, all I'm saying is don't start jumping ship because Bradshaw was signed before getting a word out of the coaches mouth about depth charts. Personally, I hope the hype backs up from Ballard a little bit, I can't wait to snag him a few rounds later in every redraft this year and laugh my way to the bank when Bradshaw's foot falls off after week 3.
That will not be a problem, I imagine Ballard will either go very late or not be drafted in many redrafts.

az_prof said:
Khy said:

The bolded above is a fundamental difference. I don't think Ballard is as good as Jacobs. I know he isn't as good as David Wilson or even Andre Brown. He is a plodder. He played in every game last year and couldn't muster 4.0 yards per carry or a 1,000 yards. He only scored 3 times. RBs don't generally improve that much because the position is mostly instinctual and physical. He is a fifth round talent who stepped into a situation as a rookie where there wasn't much competition and where the most talented back couldn't stay healthy, so he got to play. But he is not an NFL starting back.

az_prof said:
Khy said:

The bolded above is a fundamental difference. I don't think Ballard is as good as Jacobs. I know he isn't as good as David Wilson or even Andre Brown. He is a plodder. He played in every game last year and couldn't muster 4.0 yards per carry or a 1,000 yards. He only scored 3 times. RBs don't generally improve that much because the position is mostly instinctual and physical. He is a fifth round talent who stepped into a situation as a rookie where there wasn't much competition and where the most talented back couldn't stay healthy, so he got to play. But he is not an NFL starting back.
You want to say he has no talent, I have no issue with that. But this seems to be stretching in order to justify that position.

Tomlinson had a 3.6 YPC his first year before 4.5 and 5.3 in his next two years. While RB is one of the easier positions to play as a rookie, the game definitely slows down for them after a year or two, [Note: Not comparing LT and Ballard as talents, just that rookie YPC isn't all that predictive of future YPC]

And assuming the magical cutoff on being good is 4.0 YPC, 3.86 isn't that far off.

Khy said:

Brandon Jacobs in his prime was better than Vick Ballard.

Khy said:

Brandon Jacobs in his prime was better than Vick Ballard.
Irrelevant, Jacobs prime was from 2007 - 2010. In 2011 Jacobs was utter crap. And Bradshaw didn't take over starting duties until 2010, which also happens to be the only year Bradshaw was mostly healthy for a full season. They had two years of being a good tandem. 2009-2010 after that it stopped mattering.

Khy sounds like he is a Ballard owner who is in serious denial.
no crap lol...
I actually do not own Ballard in any leagues at the moment. I'm just not blind to the fact that Bradshaw hasn't even been named the 3rd down back yet let alone the starter and people seem to be jumping to some egregious conclusions. I find it hard to believe that Ballard who was named by the coaches as the "clear starter" is just going to be sat down in favor of a one year singing of a vet who hasn't played a full season of football in 3 years.

no crap lol...
I actually do not own Ballard in any leagues at the moment. I'm just not blind to the fact that Bradshaw hasn't even been named the 3rd down back yet let alone the starter and people seem to be jumping to some egregious conclusions. I find it hard to believe that Ballard who was named by the coaches as the "clear starter" is just going to be sat down in favor of a one year singing of a vet who hasn't played a full season of football in 3 years.
Ballard hasn't started a full 16 game season in his entire career. Sounds dumb, but so does saying "a vet who hasn't played a full season of football in 3 years". We all know Bradshaw has had injury issues, maybe they will come back and maybe they won't.

CBS already has Bradshaw on top of the Colts depth chart....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/IND/indianapolis-colts

...as does FoxSports, Yahoo and Rotoworld. Those guys are paid to do this, and they they think Bradshaw will be the "lead back", as I do.

If you want to follow the money, Bradshaw is being paid roughly x4 as much as Ballard.

no crap lol...
Ballard hasn't started a full 16 game season in his entire career. Sounds dumb, but so does saying "a vet who hasn't played a full season of football in 3 years". We all know Bradshaw has had injury issues, maybe they will come back and maybe they won't.

...as does FoxSports, Yahoo and Rotoworld. Those guys are paid to do this, and they they think Bradshaw will be the "lead back", as I do.

If you want to follow the money, Bradshaw is being paid roughly x4 as much as Ballard.
And Colts.com doesn't even have him on their depth chart. All I'm saying is it's all jumping to conclusions until we really figure out what happens. As of right now Bradshaw is still in a walking boot.

Chalk me up as a delusional Ballard owner that's only mildly concerned that he'll lose carries to Bradshaw. Teams weren't climbing over each other to sign the latter.

And Colts.com doesn't even have him on their depth chart. All I'm saying is it's all jumping to conclusions until we really figure out what happens. As of right now Bradshaw is still in a walking boot.
Because they haven't updated their depth chart since the end of last year (notice is says "copy-write" 2012 on the bottom of the page, and doesn't have D Brown on it either who didn't finish the season, or any rookie they just drafted).

Also, as I said above, Bradshaw is in a walking boot still because Chuck Pogano asked him to be in it as he's "playing it safe" with Bradshaw.

Because they haven't updated their depth chart since the end of last year (notice is says "copy-write" 2012 on the bottom of the page, and doesn't have D Brown on it either who didn't finish the season, or any rookie they just drafted).

Also, as I said above, Bradshaw is in a walking boot still because Chuck Pogano asked him to be in it as he's "playing it safe" with Bradshaw.
I actually don't see where you mentioned Pagano told him to wear it just said they are going to play it safe with him. What I do see is this:

“We just see a huge opportunity for me to come and help Vick and those guys out,” Bradshaw said. “I feel this offense is young and they need a spark and I feel like I can be that spark. I like having the load on my back, but Vick, he’s proven himself so I don’t mind coming in and helping those guys as much as I can.“ Said Pagano: "This guy will carve himself out a role and a niche on our football team, I’m sure.”

Bradshaw saying they saw an opportunity to bring him in to help Vick and Pagano saying that Bradshaw will carve out a niche roll for the Colts. If anything Bradshaw makes it sound like there was already a discussion prior to him signing that he's going to play second fiddle and help develop Ballard. Neither of them makes any indication that Bradshaw is the new starting RB. There has yet to be a single actual report stating that fact it's just all these sites jumping on the ship that Bradshaw is clearly the starter. The fact is Pagano has said several times Ballard was the guy and how impressed they've been with him throughout camp so far. I don't expect the 1 year signing of Bradshaw to unseat him that easily.

no crap lol...

Not that I disagree with your earlier conclusion, but given Ballard is on a rookie contract - this is relevant how?

Users who are viewing this thread