What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brown or Bradshaw - After Week 11 Bye (1 Viewer)

ahartig

Footballguy
Who do you think has the most value going forward after the week 11 bye? It seems to be turning into a full blown RBBC but it also seems that Brown may be getting better at pass protection and passing. I have started Bradshaw on a weekly basis with Brown on my bench and have seen Brown score more points then Bradshaw the past three weeks, very frustrating to say the least. I was thinking about starting both, but can't logically do that when I have Wes Welker as a flex option. Any thoughts on how this may play out?

Honestly, it seems like Brown may be the more talented back, but the Giants don't wont to fully commit yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's Brown since he's getting the GL looks. I can't keep rolling Bradshaw and his 5 points out there when Brown is getting 10-12 each game.

It is not an rbbc if Bradshaw is healthy. If Eli can get his arm right and Bradshaw heals up some over break they will both be productive. The Giants do not trust Brown in pass defense. Eli is the franchise and the Giants are not going to trust a guy off the street to protect him.

With Bradshaw going through the battery of tests he has gone through. One of which was an x-ray on his neck. I'm not even sure if a bye week can even be enough to get this guy to a level of dependability. With a a bad hand neck and two bad feet it's a wonder this guy keeps going. But I have a feeling that after the bye Brown will be the guy. Just from a strict durability standpoint. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/battery-of-tests-for-bradshaw-included-neck-x-ray/
Not to mention his fumbling and attitude.He's now firmly on my bench. I have other flex options but if I had to start one, at this point I would go Brown.

Niether - Wilson gets his shot after the Bye Week after weeks of working his way out of the doghouse :longshot:
Definitely not happening. They have a very tough schedule coming up and they need to win badly to keep ahead in their division. If they were out of playoff contention or if they had the division locked up, I could see them using Wilson more, but still less than 30% of the carries. He simply will not get sufficient playing time until he becomes a premier pass blocker. Coughlin does not want to see his QB get hurt. They will be working Wilson all off season to teach him to block properly and hopefully will see more time next year.And to everyone saying to start Brown after the bye, I'd advise against it unless you really are hurting badly at RB. I just don't see Brown getting the majority of the carries unless Bradshaw is hurt. Bradshaw was banged up pretty badly last week and he still got more carries than Brown. It's fair to say that Brown has been getting goal line work, but even that isn't a given. If you watched last week, they usually gave Bradshaw a shot or two and then if it didn't work out, they'd throw in Brown.This is just my opinion as a Giants fan. I own Brown, but don't own Bradshaw, so don't think that I'm biased because I want Bradshaw to do well.

http://www.giants101...-for-a-workout/

I know Bell went to the Jets, but thought that it was interesting that giants worked him out. To me though sounds bad for Bradshaw. Just food for thought.
The above article makes me think Bradshaw is more injured than they are letting on, and that David Wilson is not out of the doghouse. He had an issue with his neck (bulging disc) earlier in the season you may not see him for until week 13/14.

Brown only puts up good numbers during garbage time when bradshaw's healthy.
Yet...he still puts up those numbers...and better numbers than Bradshaw lately.With Bradshaw Healthy...Brown is a great flex play with a good chance for a TD. Bradshaw goes out and you have a high end RB2.

In case anyone is still holding out hope that David Wilson can make an impact this year.

Funny to look back at how high everyone was on Wilson in the preseason, myself included. I'm pissed at myself for believing the hype every year with these rookies, last year it was Ingram, year before that Spiller, etc.

“Just because you’re a first-round draft pick doesn’t mean you’re ready to play or they all would be great,’’ running backs coach Jerald Ingram said yesterday. “It’s about winning games, it’s not a popularity contest. It’s time for you to grow up and be a man now and see what you can do with the whole ball of wax. Until [Wilson] proves that, it’s hard to stick him out there and feel comfortable.’’

Wilson has just 18 rushing attempts in the Giants’ first 10 games as he struggles to learn in the ins and outs of pass protection and blitz pickup.

“Yeah, he is explosive, but at what cost is he explosive?’’ Ingram asked. “Is he explosive at the cost of not being able to protect well, not being able to know his job well, not being a pro?’’

In case anyone is still holding out hope that David Wilson can make an impact this year.

Funny to look back at how high everyone was on Wilson in the preseason, myself included. I'm pissed at myself for believing the hype every year with these rookies, last year it was Ingram, year before that Spiller, etc.

“Just because you’re a first-round draft pick doesn’t mean you’re ready to play or they all would be great,’’ running backs coach Jerald Ingram said yesterday. “It’s about winning games, it’s not a popularity contest. It’s time for you to grow up and be a man now and see what you can do with the whole ball of wax. Until [Wilson] proves that, it’s hard to stick him out there and feel comfortable.’’

Wilson has just 18 rushing attempts in the Giants’ first 10 games as he struggles to learn in the ins and outs of pass protection and blitz pickup.

“Yeah, he is explosive, but at what cost is he explosive?’’ Ingram asked. “Is he explosive at the cost of not being able to protect well, not being able to know his job well, not being a pro?’’
Wow, thanks for posting that. I had actually been considering taking a flier on Wilson again, but not now. That is *really* damning stuff coming from the RB coach. Makes it sound like Wilson has some serious attitude/maturity problems.

'Not Sleeping said:

Wow, thanks for posting that. I had actually been considering taking a flier on Wilson again, but not now. That is *really* damning stuff coming from the RB coach. Makes it sound like Wilson has some serious attitude/maturity problems.
So someone posting as "Not Sleeping" accepts the notion that Spiller and Ingram were busts (at least as rookies). So a couple years later, CJ looks like one of the best backs in the league and Ingram is showing signs of life on a team with crazy talent at the position. My advice would be not to expect much this season from Wilson but do NOT SLEEP on him in the long run.ETA: I'm sitting on Brown and Wilson assuming Bradshaw won't hole up indefinitely now that it is foot and neck...

'Not Sleeping said:

So someone posting as "Not Sleeping" accepts the notion that Spiller and Ingram were busts (at least as rookies). So a couple years later, CJ looks like one of the best backs in the league and Ingram is showing signs of life on a team with crazy talent at the position. My advice would be not to expect much this season from Wilson but do NOT SLEEP on him in the long run.ETA: I'm sitting on Brown and Wilson assuming Bradshaw won't hole up indefinitely now that it is foot and neck...
Redraft...I only care about this year. And yes, this posting made me give up any and all thought of Wilson contributing this year. I really don't care what he does 2 years from now.

In addition to Joseph Addai, the Giants worked out free agent RBs Ryan Torain, Mewelde Moore, and Kregg Lumpkin on Tuesday.

It's the first sign of interest in Torain that we've seen since the Redskins waived him in December of 2011. The workouts seem to suggest the Giants have at least mild concern about Ahmad Bradshaw's (neck) availability for Week 12 after the bye. Related: Ahmad Bradshaw, GiantsSource: Aaron Wilson on Twitter Nov 15 - 1:38 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

May be revin up the "A-Train" :thumbup:

Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if Bradshaw is done for the season. No way they'd be trying out these scrubs when they know they have a quality backup with Brown if it was only going to be a week or two. If you own Bradshaw, I'd look for a trade while you still can.

As a Giants fan, this hurts, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Brown can do in more than just a game or two and hopefully see Wilson get some more carries. Giants won the superbowl last year, it won't kill me if they don't win again this year.

As a fantasy owner that has been stashing Brown just in case, this is good news for me.

Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if Bradshaw is done for the season. No way they'd be trying out these scrubs when they know they have a quality backup with Brown if it was only going to be a week or two. If you own Bradshaw, I'd look for a trade while you still can.

As a Giants fan, this hurts, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Brown can do in more than just a game or two and hopefully see Wilson get some more carries. Giants won the superbowl last year, it won't kill me if they don't win again this year.

As a fantasy owner that has been stashing Brown just in case, this is good news for me.
The bolded isn't automatically true. Many teams do their due dilligence when a player at an important position is hurt. Cutler is probably out for the Bears for one week - and they already signed another QB (not just tried some out)...who will likely be on the roster for only 1 or 2 weeks.Even if they sign a guy - that doesn't necessarily indicate that Bradshaw is going to be out long. They just want some depth at the position - and clearly don't trust Wilson. In fact, if they pick up a guy like Addai and he gets a few touches behind A. Brown, that says more about how the team views Wilson than the long-term propspects of Bradshaw's health, imho.

Any news on Bradshaw?
Looks like he is fine, at least he is practicing today:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshawBradshaw, who has been dealing with a foot issue, confirmed that he underwent neck X-Rays following the Giants' Week 10 loss to the Bengals, noting that they came up clean, Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger reports.Recommendation: Look for Bradshaw to see his usual mixed bag of practice participation leading up to Sunday's game against the Packers, but it looks like he'll be ready to go in this coming weekend, as the Giants return from their bye week.(Rotowire.com)

Don't pay attention to any of the coach speak because as long as Bradshaw is healthy enough to play, he's the starter and will get more carries than Brown.

Don't pay attention to any of the coach speak because as long as Bradshaw is healthy enough to play, he's the starter and will get more carries than Brown.
True, however Brown gets the goal line work. I hate it!
Brown will probably continue to get them.Coughlin presser:"Q: What is it about Andre Brown that you like at the goal-line? What does he do?A: Power, speed. He’s pushed it in the end zone for us. Ahmad has done that as well. Didn’t like him getting flattened out a couple weeks ago, but again, he stayed pretty much north and south the other day."

Bradshaw owner.

I didn't get to watch the game. But from the stats and scoring log I'm assuming brown vultured a td early and ran out the clock after they were up. Does Bradshaw look like the guy still if this game were closer or is it looking more like a split?

What's the outlook on these two as we move into playoff time. Both could be startable if they repeat tonight performance.

Bradshaw owner.I didn't get to watch the game. But from the stats and scoring log I'm assuming brown vultured a td early and ran out the clock after they were up. Does Bradshaw look like the guy still if this game were closer or is it looking more like a split?What's the outlook on these two as we move into playoff time. Both could be startable if they repeat tonight performance.
Bradshaw looked good, ran hard, broke quite a few tackles.... He would have had a monster game if he just could have finished off that screen.Brown having abroken fibula obviously sucks for the giants, but I think it will be fantasy gold for Bradshaw owners. We have all seen how much they trust Wilson, I don't see him getting over 5 touches a game....and Bradshaw also gets goal line work back.

Bradshaw looked great today. Brown was in full mop up duty so NY could rest Bradshaw when Brown got hurt.

Bradshaw owner.I didn't get to watch the game. But from the stats and scoring log I'm assuming brown vultured a td early and ran out the clock after they were up. Does Bradshaw look like the guy still if this game were closer or is it looking more like a split?What's the outlook on these two as we move into playoff time. Both could be startable if they repeat tonight performance.
Bradshaw looked good, ran hard, broke quite a few tackles.... He would have had a monster game if he just could have finished off that screen.Brown having abroken fibula obviously sucks for the giants, but I think it will be fantasy gold for Bradshaw owners. We have all seen how much they trust Wilson, I don't see him getting over 5 touches a game....and Bradshaw also gets goal line work back.
He saw over 5 touches this game and Bradshaw will get banged up if he carries too much... FACT.

Coughing said Brown has a broken fibula.
yeah, and he got it halfway through the 4th quarter up by 28. Inecusable. These NFL coaches are absolute dimwits.
It happened with 11:28 left. "2-10-NYG 42 (11:28) 35-A.Brown left tackle to GB 42 for 16 yards (43-M.Jennings, 38-T.Williams)."Play by play

They'll have to sign someone for RB behind Bradshaw and Wilson.

I'm thinking that Wilson might be worth more than he's shown thus far. Increased carries by Bradshaw equals a greater chance to get injured.

I'm thinking that Wilson might be worth more than he's shown thus far. Increased carries by Bradshaw equals a greater chance to get injured.
I dunno, I think without a doubt the Giants sign a RB off waivers, Addai or someone like that.....The coaching staff has shown in the past 11 weeks that they simply don't trust Wilson other then in garbage time. In my opinion, Bradshaw sees 15-25 touches per game, depending on game flow, and is an immediate high end RB2 with RB1 upside (until he gets hurt)......

Forgot, D. Scott is on IR. I'd think they'll trust Wilson over any FA they bring in.

I dunno, I think without a doubt the Giants sign a RB off waivers, Addai or someone like that.....The coaching staff has shown in the past 11 weeks that they simply don't trust Wilson other then in garbage time. In my opinion, Bradshaw sees 15-25 touches per game, depending on game flow, and is an immediate high end RB2 with RB1 upside (until he gets hurt)......
Do you just repeat word for word what RW says in all your posts in an attempt to claim it as your insight?

He saw over 5 touches this game and Bradshaw will get banged up if he carries too much... FACT.
I'm pretty excited to see the David Wilson hype train come out of the woodwork.

The main reason Wilson saw over 5 touches is that other than Henry Hynoski (the FB) he was the only healthy RB that was rostered and dressed. All 6 of Wilson's carries came on the final Giants drive, with the game well in hand and A. Brown hurt. The Giants simply wanted to keep Bradshaw out of danger.With those 6 carries he ammassed a whopping 13 yards - to go with his 5 receiving yards. The "NOW it's Wilson's time to shine" song is growing tiresome. That was the thought process when Bradshaw went down the first time - yet it was Brown who suddenly emerged, not Wilson. I have a feeling that the Giants will bring someone else in to spell Bradshaw, and Wilson will continue to get 2-3 touches in the running game and a pass thrown his way - just like he has been.

Do you just repeat word for word what RW says in all your posts in an attempt to claim it as your insight?
FACT. AB will get all goal line carry work. FACT. AB has been running well and the giants offense looks rejuvenated after the bye week. FACT. Coaching staff within the giants has openly criticized Wilson. You don't need to be a rotoworld freak to put two and two together, just an informed FF player.

FACT. AB will get all goal line carry work. FACT. AB has been running well and the giants offense looks rejuvenated after the bye week. FACT. Coaching staff within the giants has openly criticized Wilson. You don't need to be a rotoworld freak to put two and two together, just an informed FF player.
Easy there, ahartig - sometimes it's tough to reason with people who over-drafted D. Wilson - even facts don't help. Sometimes people who drafted a guy way too high prefer to disregard what has actually happened for the last 12 weeks in favor of what they need to have happen to justify their pick.

FACT: Facts change quickly in the NYG backfield.

Users who are viewing this thread