What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bradford Down With Knee Injury (1 Viewer)

He should play with a brace and consider no ACL.

There have been many NFL players to do this before the surgery became popular in the 80s. There are some great articles on a Panthers CB that played his whole career without either and some of these articles list other NFL players that played without.

Sam doesn't run and his career probably can't handle sitting this year.
If this was a viable option 2014 don't you think someone would be attempting it?

I don't see how a CB could do that, that's crazy.
IIRC Thomas Davis did for a few games. Frustrated by 3 failed surgeries, he played a few games without an ACL and had a fourth after the season.

The CB article was shocking, no doubt, and I really wish I could find it. It was real interesting with a whole umm what did you think they did before the successful surgeries in the 80s type doh moment. I never thought of that.

Elway has a famous hitch in his gate and is probably the most well known one. (I edited post to add him)

I don't follow hoops closely, Dejaun Blair of spurs had no acl.

Everyone I mention is like eons more active with their feet than Sam

ETA Sean Lee had partially torn ACL for four years http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/6/12/5804758/did-cowboys-sean-lee-play-four-years-in-the-nfl-with-a-partially-torn partial I know, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rams have to draft a QB in the draft. I know the NFL is not the NBA but are there any free agents next year?

Does anyone think Austin Davis has a chance to start for the Rams this year? It appears as though Hill will be the opening day starter.

If Sam is out...I hope they don't have this minimized offense where they predominantly run all the time. They seem to have made so much progress with their WRs and some of them young guys need to get some balls to keep the momentum going

All the talent in the world. Too bad he can't stay on the field. He's young enough to bounce back, just not sure the Rams will wait around.

If Sam is out...I hope they don't have this minimized offense where they predominantly run all the time. They seem to have made so much progress with their WRs and some of them young guys need to get some balls to keep the momentum going
They will run, play action and dink and dunk and play great D. But actually, you can win this way. Clock control

The Rams could afford to lose a stud DL and still have an awesome DL. I wonder if they dangle one in trade.

Am I the only who thinks this is kind of a wash regarding other Rams skill position players? In fact I may even consider giving the big WRs (Britt, Quick) a bump because Hill is a "go for it" kind of QB.

Am I the only who thinks this is kind of a wash regarding other Rams skill position players? In fact I may even consider giving the big WRs (Britt, Quick) a bump because Hill is a "go for it" kind of QB.
I'm having a hard time in anyway thinking this will be a positive for the Rams or any of their skill positions.....

Every grocery bagger in STL is throwing passes in the parking lot during their break today

I think the Rams should make a run at Sanchez. I think he'd be the perfect fit and he and Shotty would be re-united. He knows the system. The Rams run the perfect system for him. Power running and great D. They actually have some good receivers and TE's for him too. I bet he'd thrive here.

I think the Rams should make a run at Sanchez. I think he'd be the perfect fit and he and Shotty would be re-united. He knows the system. The Rams run the perfect system for him. Power running and great D. They actually have some good receivers and TE's for him too. I bet he'd thrive here.
Wow.

Rams should take their 4-12 record and go find a QB. Trading for a band-aid is not a solution.

2014 season is over, start getting a plan in place for 2015/2016 and beyond. Fisher will be gone, everything will get turned upside down. What Fisher has built won't fly for the next guy, it never does.

While the first part of your statement at least offers up a discussion point, what would lead you to believe that Fisher will be gone after 3 seasons and turning around what was one of the worst situations in the league? Because his franchise QB went down for a second straight year? HIGHLY unlikely.

How about sign some college running QB and let he and Austin run anywhere and adlib.

Sign Armanti Edwards after Bears cut him.

Trade for Cobb and have he and Austin each take turns at QB.

Sign Jared Lorenzen because a 300lb QB is just plain fun.

Do something interesting!

Bump Stacy and, to a lesser extent, any short-route WRs on the Rams.
I'd prefer to have a capable passing game to keep the defense honest. Don't think this is a boon for the running game unless the Rams catch lightening in a bottle at QB.

Bump Stacy and, to a lesser extent, any short-route WRs on the Rams.
I'd prefer to have a capable passing game to keep the defense honest. Don't think this is a boon for the running game unless the Rams catch lightening in a bottle at QB.
I think if you believe this increases their rushing attempts, then a guy like Tre Mason will see the biggest increase spelling for a tired Stacy.

Not sure how the dollars work out, but with a few beers I could make a case for Ryan Mallett for Sam Bradford.

How about sign some college running QB and let he and Austin run anywhere and adlib.

Sign Armanti Edwards after Bears cut him.

Trade for Cobb and have he and Austin each take turns at QB.

Sign Jared Lorenzen because a 300lb QB is just plain fun.

Do something interesting!
God love you, Bri ... :lmao:

You will be driving Armanti's bandwagon until he's 60.

Maybe a blessing for the Rams, if they're lucky enough like Indy, they will have their franchise QB next year.

I'm having a hard time in anyway thinking this will be a positive for the Rams or any of their skill positions.....
Who did CLE have last year, and Gordon still had a monster year.

I could see Hill still getting around 3,500 yards and 24 TDs.

Between Cook and the WRs, a few of them could still be relevant.

Stranger things have happened ('99).

I wish I was as optimistic about anything as bulger2holt is about the Rams every single year.
THIS!!!
haha. Sam is an elite talent, too bad he can't stay on the field. The Rams have enough talent to win games with Hill or Davis. Power run, play action and dominating D. We have the perfect coach to play this way.
No. He isn't. Sure he's been injured a lot the past few seasons, but even when healthy he's never consistently played at a high level.

I wish I was as optimistic about anything as bulger2holt is about the Rams every single year.
THIS!!!
haha. Sam is an elite talent, too bad he can't stay on the field. The Rams have enough talent to win games with Hill or Davis. Power run, play action and dominating D. We have the perfect coach to play this way.
No. He isn't. Sure he's been injured a lot the past few seasons, but even when healthy he's never consistently played at a high level.
He's got a career 59-38 TD/INT ratio despite playing his entire career with absolute garbage at WR. I'd say he was doing something right.

Maybe a blessing for the Rams, if they're lucky enough like Indy, they will have their franchise QB next year.
The Rams have too much talent to be drafting in the top 5. Hell, they were winning games with Clemons last year and they are better this year.

Jeff Fisher press conference in 30 minutes (6:30 est). ... I think that's what I just heard.

Anti-climax awaits.

While the first part of your statement at least offers up a discussion point, what would lead you to believe that Fisher will be gone after 3 seasons and turning around what was one of the worst situations in the league? Because his franchise QB went down for a second straight year? HIGHLY unlikely.
Turning around? He's built a nice defense but he hasn't had a winning record since 2008.

Say again:

He hasn't had a winning record since 2008.

So what has he turned around?

He's put together a sweet defense for the next regime.

Sad for Bradford. Utterly tragic for St. L. The amount of money they've invested into him vs. The return has to be about as bad as it get.

Too bad for Bradford. Garrett Gilbert didn't have a great pre-season but he might make the roster now otherwise it look like he was heading for the practice squad.

Sad for Bradford. Utterly tragic for St. L. The amount of money they've invested into him vs. The return has to be about as bad as it get.
He has thrown less career TD passes (59) than number of millions of dollars (about 65) he has been given by the Rams. No need to feel bad for Bradford at all. That dude's family is set for generations and all he had to do was to play well in college for 4 3 2 years.

Turning around? He's built a nice defense but he hasn't had a winning record since 2008.

Say again:

He hasn't had a winning record since 2008.

So what has he turned around?

He's put together a sweet defense for the next regime.
When Fisher took over the Rams had had the worst 5 yr stretch in the history of the league.

Say again, THE WORST 5 yr stretch in the history of the league. They probably had the least talented roster in the league and are now chalked full of talent. And up until yesterday they were competitive in the toughest division in football and had a decent shot at the playoffs (via the wild card). That my friend is called a turn around.

Lion's fan here. There were times early in Stafford's career that I was hoping the Lion's would name Hill the starter. With a great defense Hill could surprise. He will actually take shots downfield and let playmakers do their thing. He is not perfect but you could definitely be in a worse position with a backup QB.

Lion's fan here. There were times early in Stafford's career that I was hoping the Lion's would name Hill the starter. With a great defense Hill could surprise. He will actually take shots downfield and let playmakers do their thing. He is not perfect but you could definitely be in a worse position with a backup QB.
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure there will much of a drop off

Hill could surprise this year. Again I am not so sure a lateral move is what the Rams need, and grabbing retreads like butt fumble Sanchez or Ponder is not going to help. They are worse than Hill IMO...

A person with knowledge of the situation told USA Today there's "no chance" Mark Sanchez would want to reunite with OC Brian Schottenheimer in St. Louis.
Through three preseason games, Sanchez has been excellent in Chip Kelly's offensive system. We've seen him play in Schotty's, and the results weren't pretty. At age 27, Sanchez is content to spend one year as a backup. He can enter free agency next March, and will likely pursue a chance to start.

Users who are viewing this thread