What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blake Bortles - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Bortles looked very strong and was one of the standouts of preseason week 1 IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kid looks fantastic. That's not so surprising, but the fact that he looks fantastic in a Greg Olson-led offense is the surprising part. Olson is playing checkers when every DC is playing chess. Let's see what happens when full game plans are in play.

Bortles looks good for sure. He did last preseason though and we know how that turned out.

That LT is a major concern. He's awful. Teams are going to scheme to expose him once the regular season starts. He better start earning his check or it's going to hurt Bortles growth.

He'll still take some sacks, but this kid has improved. The game seems to be slowing down for him, he's going through his progressions and throwing to the right receiver. Don't know how many points they'll put up, but Jax will definitely move the ball between the 20's a lot better this year.

How did he look last night? Anything worth keeping next year.
Nothing to see here
Getting nervous, aren't you... it's obvious.
He's terrible. Sad no one can see it. We'll get to it later. I don't feel like it now.
Of course you don't.
Got a second?
Do you like your crow with any particular condiment? I'm guessing your posts in here will eventually make you quit this forum.

That'll be a shame.

How did he look last night? Anything worth keeping next year.
Nothing to see here
Getting nervous, aren't you... it's obvious.
He's terrible. Sad no one can see it. We'll get to it later. I don't feel like it now.
Of course you don't.
Got a second?
Do you like your crow with any particular condiment? I'm guessing your posts in here will eventually make you quit this forum. That'll be a shame.
Bet it

Rotoworld:

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said he wants the offense to be more aggressive.

Blake Bortles averaged just 4.6 yards per attempt against the Panthers, consistently checking down to slot receiver Rashad Greene instead of pushing the ball downfield. When Bortles did throw deep, he was wildly inaccurate. Bortles looked like a new quarterback in the preseason, but the regular season opener brought the same erratic player we saw his rookie year. He is not worth owning in standard leagues.

Source: Florida Times Union

Sep 15 - 12:23 PM

Rk Year Age Draft Tm Lg G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Y/A ▴ Yds AY/A ANY/A Y/G W L T
1 Joe Flacco 2015 30 1-18 BAL NFL 1 1 18 32 56.25 117 0 2 38.2 2 3.66 17 0.84 0.29 117.0 0 1 0

2 Peyton Manning 2015 39 1-1 DEN NFL 1 1 24 40 60.00 175 0 1 59.9 4 4.38 25 3.25 2.39 175.0 1 0 0

3 Matt McGloin 2015 26 OAK NFL 1 0 23 31 74.19 142 2 1 91.1 2 4.58 20 4.42 3.55 142.0

4 Blake Bortles 2015 24 1-3 JAX NFL 1 1 22 40 55.00 183 1 2 54.5 5 4.58 14 2.83 2.20 183.0 0 1 0

5 Andrew Luck 2015 26 1-1 IND NFL 1 1 26 49 53.06 243 2 2 63.6 2 4.96 3 3.94 3.73 243.0 0 1 0

The QB's with a YPA less than 5 last week.

I would venture to say that most of the negative opinions in here on Bortles are from people who haven't actually watched the Jags play (not that I would expect people to have to sit through a Jags game). Really hard to judge the kid based on his poor WRs with frequent drops, along with a piss poor OL.

Sunday most certainly wasn't a good game from him, but you're just misinformed if you legitimately think he is in the running for the worst QB in the league.

18-33-273-2-0 vs a very stout D

Plus a game winning drive where he was terrific and all this despite playing behind a really shaky line.

The future is bright! :excited:

He won't have any excuses when they are all healthy and on the field. Julius, Robinson, Hurns, Greene (slot), Yeldon (purposely left the albino tiger off the list...he's dead to me). Those are all solid toys to play with.

As a Jags fan and dynasty owner of Bortles, I hope he gets it together. I don't want to start over again with yet ANOTHER QB in 2016. :(

He won't have any excuses when they are all healthy and on the field. Julius, Robinson, Hurns, Greene (slot), Yeldon (purposely left the albino tiger off the list...he's dead to me). Those are all solid toys to play with.

As a Jags fan and dynasty owner of Bortles, I hope he gets it together. I don't want to start over again with yet ANOTHER QB in 2016. :(
The oline?

The oline?
Yeah, the o-line is pretty crappy. But don't they have some guys injured? Or are they just under-performing? Bortles better start using his legs and making something happen then. Either extend the play or get rid of the ball quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread