What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (1 Viewer)

TwinTurbo said:
It means that the guys that rely on chartpatterns and technical trading in the stock market, keep trying to apply the same analysis to predict BTC price movements. I find it to be useless in crypto for the most part but either way, that chart is bearish. If it was a stock, I would sell.
What form of fundamental analysis do you use to determine fair value; under-valued; and over-valued?

can I interest you in a Rolex?
I'm picking up a 116500ln Rolex (white dial), dealer said I should have it next month... No shtick, if you can walk into a store and buy it for MSRP, I'll give you an extra $3k on top of what you pay for this worthless good if you buy it at MSRP, which Rolex dealers have to sell it at. Should be the easiest $3k you ever make in your life. So, the next time you walk by a Rolex dealer, ask them for that reference number, buy it, and make $3k the same day. (I'll make you the same offer for a 326934 blue dial)

I buy these worthless watches, wear them, and when I tire of one, I sell it, usually for more than I paid... However, apparently they're worthless. 

Unfortunately nobody on this board understand watches (actually prob a good thing) bc this is the ultimate buffoon comment for anyone that understands, obviously not expecting that here, so go ahead and crack your jokes. 

You guys seem fascinated by watches as everyone loves bringing them up, really should do some reading first - I'm sure your hobbies are also profitable 

I'm picking up a 116500ln Rolex (white dial), dealer said I should have it next month... No shtick, if you can walk into a store and buy it for MSRP, I'll give you an extra $3k on top of what you pay for this worthless good if you buy it at MSRP, which Rolex dealers have to sell it at. Should be the easiest $3k you ever make in your life. So, the next time you walk by a Rolex dealer, ask them for that reference number, buy it, and make $3k the same day. (I'll make you the same offer for a 326934 blue dial)

I buy these worthless watches, wear them, and when I tire of one, I sell it, usually for more than I paid... However, apparently they're worthless. 

Unfortunately nobody on this board understand watches (actually prob a good thing) bc this is the ultimate buffoon comment for anyone that understands, obviously not expecting that here, so go ahead and crack your jokes. 

You guys seem fascinated by watches as everyone loves bringing them up, really should do some reading first - I'm sure your hobbies are also profitable 
Do you even Swatch, bro?

Coinbase is an amateur operation.  Goes down repeatedly during peak transactions. You have some major players that don't know what the eff they are doing here, hard to trust it.  

Pretty bad for business.

TwinTurbo said:
It means that the guys that rely on chartpatterns and technical trading in the stock market, keep trying to apply the same analysis to predict BTC price movements. I find it to be useless in crypto for the most part but either way, that chart is bearish. If it was a stock, I would sell.
Applying TA to cryptos does work, although the volatility is much greater in cryptos but that's actually a good thing for day traders.  Not sure what you're implying.  Maybe the guys you watch/follow aren't very good at TA?

I have an entire set of mint condition 1988 Topps baseball cards. The guy who sold it to me said to hold on to it for 30 years and I'll be able to sell it and retire.

Just 9 more days.....  :coffee:
Baseball cards were awesome at the start of Ebay.  Then people realized they mass produced the hell out of them and market tanked.

Applying TA to cryptos does work, although the volatility is much greater in cryptos but that's actually a good thing for day traders.  Not sure what you're implying.  Maybe the guys you watch/follow aren't very good at TA?
My implication is that most of the crypto TA guys are even more amatuer than the coinbase site.

The much greater volatility is great. TA can work in any market, even one this unpredictable and unstable. The problem is that the patterns that setup in crypto charts are not necessarily based on accurate price and volume data. There is a lot of garbage in, garbage out in this current, nascent, unregulated state.

So you basically have amatuers predicting price movements across multiple exchanges run by amatuers. Its like the blind leading the blind. 

All I know is that I posted yesterday that if the BTC chart was a stock chart, I would sell. So yeah TA works when you are right :)

Last edited by a moderator:

You'll pay $3k over retail for a white dial ceramic Daytona?  Considering that they are currently going for $5k+ over retail dealer to dealer on the wholesale market--that's not a very generous proposition you are offering. I work in the jewelry and watch business and am well aware of the market for them.  In any case--if you are getting one next month--I'm assuming you do a lot of business with that dealer because most authorized dealers are offering them to their best customers first.  Either way--congrats on getting one once you do get it. 

This is a good thing?
If you invested in crypto you should have done so knowing it was volatile.  So his correction was expected.  IMO great time to get into the coins you want in the cheap.  Plus it clears out all the suckers.  Once it starts back up after Xmas people will push back in. 

If you invested in crypto you should have done so knowing it was volatile.  So his correction was expected.  IMO great time to get into the coins you want in the cheap.  Plus it clears out all the suckers.  Once it starts back up after Xmas people will push back in. 
Volatility is every currency's kryptonite.

I'm sure this has been covered but there is a ton of stuff in this thread. Total noob here. Let me know where I go wrong.

I want to buy Ripple

First I get wallet (Blockchain). Then I set up Binance account (takes 2 weeks??? ugh). I deposit my cash into wallet. From there I can buy bitcoin then transfer bitcoin to Binance where I can buy ripple? Do I have this right?

On the blockchain website, it say i can buy/sell so why do I need binance account? Please help this idiot...:)

I'm sure this has been covered but there is a ton of stuff in this thread. Total noob here. Let me know where I go wrong.

I want to buy Ripple

First I get wallet (Blockchain). Then I set up Binance account (takes 2 weeks??? ugh). I deposit my cash into wallet. From there I can buy bitcoin then transfer bitcoin to Binance where I can buy ripple? Do I have this right?

On the blockchain website, it say i can buy/sell so why do I need binance account? Please help this idiot...:)
You should be able to buy on Binance immediately.

Also, I would by Ether to transfer to Binance.   It is quicker and cheaper.   I use coinbase to put funds in too.   You don't need a wallet.   You can just hold the coins on binance until you hard wallet or decide on a wallet later.

Last edited by a moderator:

I want to buy Ripple

Im not familiar with Blockchain website.  But you likely need binance if you cant buy Ripple on the blockchain website. Most places you can buy bitcoin using FIAT(Cash) give you very limited options.  So you transfer it to an exchange and then you can buy whatever you want.  I know on coinbase, unless you do a wire xfer you will have to wait a week before you can get the coins to transfer.  Not sure how it is in this website.

Im not familiar with Blockchain website.  But you likely need binance if you cant buy Ripple on the blockchain website. Most places you can buy bitcoin using FIAT(Cash) give you very limited options.  So you transfer it to an exchange and then you can buy whatever you want.  I know on coinbase, unless you do a wire xfer you will have to wait a week before you can get the coins to transfer.  Not sure how it is in this website.
Yep, but if you want to save yourself a good chunk in transfer "network" fees, buy LTC or ETH and transfer that instead of BTC. 

Anyplace to buy through a mutual fund or stock, I have found riot and square, which are somewhat tied to the coin
Overstock (OSTK) has been doing things with blockchain for awhile. You'll want to research it more, of course, but I think their involvement in the actual technology is deeper than some of these others. 

Blockchain and weed. Get in now. :lmao:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blockchain-fix-major-problem-weed-companies-face-192838635.html

CNAB is the turd I've been sitting in for 6 months. Closing in on a double.

CGRW, CANN, they have all been on a tear. New ETF is MJX.

,Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain :lmao:
Why is this so funny?   Blockchain is actually a great use case for Cannabis and the supply chain environment (transactions, inventory, value exchanging between two parties, etc.) that need to be monitored for regulation/compliance and not necessarily in real time.

Users who are viewing this thread