What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills Chargers TV (1 Viewer)

Game Sat night is only available if you subscribe to Peacock? Wow! And I hear NFL doing same for one wildcard playoff game!
Oh noes!

4th quarter will be commercial free apparently. Because everyone wants to get the chargers season over with as quickly as possible.
So no tv timeouts? That’s the best part of it
I heard the timeouts will be there as usual, just that ads won't be played during those timeouts.

Is it just me, or have the majority of these Peacock/Amazon games been lesser than average matchups? It's like "you want a piece of the NFL pie you take this and like it".

If you don’t have Peacock & want to watch the game, you can get reimbursed for the 5.99 basic plan (premium) for 3 months if you have an AMEX card…so essentially free.

Just go to offers (I did it on the app) & accept. There’ll be two Peacock offers to choose from (the other is for the annual plan).

Is it just me, or have the majority of these Peacock/Amazon games been lesser than average matchups? It's like "you want a piece of the NFL pie you take this and like it".

TNF / prime was good enough. Better than average imo.
Rams saints was a solid matchup.
Vikings/eagles, lions/packers, bengals/ravens was supposed to be good, when the schedule was made the jets dolphins looked promising. Broncos chiefs?

Game Sat night is only available if you subscribe to Peacock? Wow! And I hear NFL doing same for one wildcard playoff game!
Oh noes!

4th quarter will be commercial free apparently. Because everyone wants to get the chargers season over with as quickly as possible.
I heard the timeouts will be there as usual, just that ads won't be played during those timeouts.
That is how the NFL games are shown in England.

If you live close to Canada and get their TV channels, the game is on TSN.

Oh noes!

Correct,instead we get talking heads droning on and on about what we just saw,I'll take an Allstate commercial instead

Yes there will a wildcard playoff game exclusively on Peacock,hasn't been announced yet which on it will be

I do not subscribe to Peacock,I will not subscribe to it to get this game.
The NFL can go s#!t in their hat
I won't either. Who other than Bills fans will want to watch this game? Don't care if I miss a wild card game either. I will not give another penny to that piece of crap Goodell

I won't either. Who other than Bills fans will want to watch this game? Don't care if I miss a wild card game either. I will not give another penny to that piece of crap Goodell
And the NFL has the stipulation that such games must be offered to a local station of the 2 teams playing.

And the NFL has the stipulation that such games must be offered to a local station of the 2 teams playing.
Good for my cousin in Buffalo and my wife's cousin in L.A.
Not good for me in Daytona Beach

What’s with the outrage over peacock showing this game? I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this was known a long time ago.

We’re damn lucky we don’t have to subscribe to catch more games, especially SNF/MNF/TNF/playoffs/etc. I’m going to sign up for Peacock, watch tonight & the WC game, get reimbursed via an AMEX offer, then cancel.

Big deal.

What’s with the outrage over peacock showing this game? I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this was known a long time ago.
I dunno, times are a-changin. People just have to get used to it or not see the games I guess. I have peacock, never use it but think we got some good deal on it. If it was a game I wanted to see bad enough the 5 or 6 dollars wouldn’t deter me.

We’re damn lucky we don’t have to subscribe to catch more games, especially SNF/MNF/TNF/playoffs/etc. I’m going to sign up for Peacock, watch tonight & the WC game, get reimbursed via an AMEX offer, then cancel.

Big deal.
It's The NFL that's damn lucky because we the mice keep following The Pied Piper wherever he takes us

Big deal.
It's The NFL that's damn lucky because we the mice keep following The Pied Piper wherever he takes us
Times are a changin’ & the NFL isn’t going away.

More games will go to subscription & there’s not a thing we can do about it other than decide if we’re going to watch. It’s 2023.

Last edited:
You guys realize you need to subscribe to PRIME to watch all the Thu games too, right?

Where's the outrage there?
Well first of all, I already have Prime. And the reason I have it is because we get lots of other non-football, non-streaming benefits. And even in football terms, you get a season’s worth of games. With Peacock, you have to subscribe just to watch one or two games. It’s an infinitely worse deal.

That said, I’m not outraged. I get why they’re doing it. I think it’s dumb to do it for a a playoff game, and I won’t subscribe unless it’s the Lions

Yes there will a wildcard playoff game exclusively on Peacock,hasn't been announced yet which on it will be
Um, how could they possibly have announced that yet?
Because each game is numbered and the seeds that are playing are slotted into those games.
Of course they don't know the teams that are playing,but they know which seeds are matched up and which game they are playing in

Because each game is numbered and the seeds that are playing are slotted into those games.
Of course they don't know the teams that are playing,but they know which seeds are matched up and which game they are playing in
Are you sure? My understanding is that they choose the games once that matchups are known. For example, I would bet any amount of money that you will never see Cowboys or Chiefs on the Peacock game, regardless of what “slot” they’re in. It will be something like Jags-Browns or Texans-Bengals.

Even before there were streaming exclusives, there was a reason the crappiest matchup always ended up being played on Saturday at 4:30

I dunno, times are a-changin. People just have to get used to it or not see the games I guess. I have peacock, never use it but think we got some good deal on it. If it was a game I wanted to see bad enough the 5 or 6 dollars wouldn’t deter me.
I want this business model to fail more than I want to watch one game. It's not 5 dollars it's the support of these subscription traps that deters me.

Are you sure? My understanding is that they choose the games once that matchups are known. For example, I would bet any amount of money that you will never see Cowboys or Chiefs on the Peacock game, regardless of what “slot” they’re in. It will be something like Jags-Browns or Texans-Bengals.

Even before there were streaming exclusives, there was a reason the crappiest matchup always ended up being played on Saturday at 4:30
But the playoff seedings are known.
#1 gets a bye
#2 plays #7
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
Sure they'll put the better matchups in a more prime viewing period once the teams are slotted into the seed numbers.

I would easily choose to go to a sports bar if my Bengals were playing in a subscription-only game. And if the Bengals aren't playing, no game is a big deal. I care more about the result of the game than how it happened.

I want this business model to fail more than I want to watch one game. It's not 5 dollars it's the support of these subscription traps that deters me.
How is it a trap? Either you get value out of it and you keep it or you don't. I subscribe to many services I use and if peacock were another I’d pay the going rate for it.

On its face, 5 dollars for an nfl game seems crazy because we are used to getting them for free (kinda, you’re still paying, we are just all accustomed to the cable model) but we’ll go see a 90 minute movie and pay 30 bucks for it. I guess I just don’t really see the difference.

#1 gets a bye
#2 plays #7
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
Sure they'll put the better matchups in a more prime viewing period once the teams are slotted into the seed numbers.
Not sure what we’re arguing about. Of course the seedings are known. But there’s no way anyone at the league office or at Peacock knows which game they’ll get, not even in terms of whether it will be the AFC 3-6 game or the NFC 4-5. Nothing’s been decided, so of course they haven’t announced anything yet. That was my point

How is it a trap? Either you get value out of it and you keep it or you don't. I subscribe to many services I use and if peacock were another I’d pay the going rate for it.

On its face, 5 dollars for an nfl game seems crazy because we are used to getting them for free (kinda, you’re still paying, we are just all accustomed to the cable model) but we’ll go see a 90 minute movie and pay 30 bucks for it. I guess I just don’t really see the difference.
My friend who’s a Bills fan said that to me earlier today. He views it as a $6 transaction to watch the Bills. In those terms, it’s not such a big deal. My family spent $4 the other night to watch “Babe” (awesome movie, BTW)

Many of us prefer the a la carte style of streaming services to cable.

#1 gets a bye
#2 plays #7
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
Not sure what we’re arguing about. Of course the seedings are known. But there’s no way anyone at the league office or at Peacock knows which game they’ll get, not even in terms of whether it will be the AFC 3-6 game or the NFC 4-5. Nothing’s been decided, so of course they haven’t announced anything yet. That was my point
According to NFL.com Peacock will get a wildcard game on Saturday January 13 at 4:30pm.

My friend who’s a Bills fan said that to me earlier today. He views it as a $6 transaction to watch the Bills. In those terms, it’s not such a big deal. My family spent $4 the other night to watch “Babe” (awesome movie, BTW)
Yea we paid 25 the other day to watch killers of the flower moon from our living room (also an awesome movie). I don’t think people understand how convenient some things are for now.

The nfl kind of sucks
This stuff along with trying to cram the games in Europe down our throats are so unnecessary. Don't they make enough money? Just put the games on the normal way and stop screwing over the average viewer for some extra dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread