What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Bills at Chiefs** (-1, 48.5) 4:25 (1 Viewer)

Totally classless by Mahomes. Each team had a bad call go against them but other than that the calls being made seemed pretty legit. Bills have certainly had their fair share of bad calls against them this season but have never acted anything like that other than Diggs throwing tantrums inward.

I never expected a Bills game to end that way in their favor. The throwback for a game winning TD seemed much more on par.
He is beginning to sense they aren't the most talented team now. Getting desperate.

Reactions: JAA
Looked like Toney was offsides on 2nd down, Von Miller on 3rd down, and maybe Rousseau on 4th down. Speculation on Twitter is that Mahomes was upset about the 3rd down non-call on Miller.
Pretty tough to tell from that angle. The LT false started multiple times too on that drive.

Romo kind of said it, the refs are going to let close stuff for false starts/offsides probably go at the ends of games, but a WR lined up a foot and a half passed the football is going to get called

Looked like Toney was offsides on 2nd down, Von Miller on 3rd down, and maybe Rousseau on 4th down. Speculation on Twitter is that Mahomes was upset about the 3rd down non-call on Miller.
Pretty tough to tell from that angle. The LT false started multiple times too on that drive.

Romo kind of said it, the refs are going to let close stuff for false starts/offsides probably go at the ends of games, but a WR lined up a foot and a half passed the football is going to get called

I don't know why they took the screenshot there instead of a second later. Miller looked offsides because he went early on the play, not because of where he lined up.

As a professional lip reader, I am pretty sure Mahomes was screaming, "we are supposed to get the calls!" at the official.
No I respectfully disagree. He was clearly yelling at Andy..."Cheese and Rice coach get me some NFL caliber wide receivers!"

Can anyone comment on why Mahomes is screaming and crying on the sidelines?
Never seen him like that
Have you not seen him lose before?
I never really noticed but is he Brady 2.0 (in every way possible)?
I think he's Brett Favre 2.0 (which I have thought for years). Looks like the GOAT when things are going his way, but his recklessness can be an issue when things are not. Dropped pass are killing him for sure.

Andy Reid blaming the refs and saying the league should be embarrassed is just embarrassing for him. I like Reid, but he should be fined for that. Hopefully he watches the film later and admits the refs were right.
Agreed. I like Reid a lot, but that is a terrible look for an NFL head coach of his caliber. He should be blaming his player for lining up in the neutral zone, not blaming the officials for warning him (which I know they do as a courtesy sometimes, but it's the players' job to know what the line of scrimmage is and to line up on side).

"It's a bit embarrassing in the National Football League for that to take place"

Yes, it is embarrassing to employ at the professional level a guy that can't line up onsides - particularly when he's the inside receiver.
So Reid and Mahomes are going with targeting the Refs for why they lost and not Toney
Toney is one fo those guys where bad things always seem to happen around him
You just don't want that guy in the building

I would assume Reid's issue is that they don't usually call it on an inch or two.

This was the play

He's right on the 49 yard line. The ball is maybe an inch behind the 49 yard line? And that's after the center picked it up which typically the center picks it up and moves it back a little. If you look at the chains on the sidelines it looks like it's right on the 49.

On most plays a WR is either technically offsides or technically not on the LoS that is supposed to be compared to where the center has the ball. They usually just call it close enough as long as the guy isn't off by like half a yard in one direction or the other.

Doesn't really look much different than how Von Miller was lining up on about 50% of the plays all night long, which I think is what Mahomes was peeved about.

If I ran the Chiefs, I'm not sure I could keep from cutting Kadarius Toney tonight.
So he’s not only not cutting him, sure seems like he’s making excuses for him.

I really like Reid both on the field and off the field. But I think he has a weakness in that sometimes he’s makes excuses and defends “his guys” even when he shouldn’t. Again, that applies both on the field and off the field.

He did get the Hunt situation right though.

I would assume Reid's issue is that they don't usually call it on an inch or two.

This was the play

He's right on the 49 yard line. The ball is maybe an inch behind the 49 yard line? And that's after the center picked it up which typically the center picks it up and moves it back a little. If you look at the chains on the sidelines it looks like it's right on the 49.

On most plays a WR is either technically offsides or technically not on the LoS that is supposed to be compared to where the center has the ball. They usually just call it close enough as long as the guy isn't off by like half a yard in one direction or the other.

Doesn't really look much different than how Von Miller was lining up on about 50% of the plays all night long, which I think is what Mahomes was peeved about.
The yard marker is clearly behind the 49 yard a little bit and his foot is a good 6 inches over and his is probably more. Seems like an easy call, and I can't see them letting that go so much.

Maybe the Giants knew something we didn’t about Toney.
Everybody knew it about him at the time.
Lot of folks got amnesia this preseason. He was everyone’s favorite sleeper
To be fair, you get into those middle to late rounds and you are looking at WR43 or RB38 and you know they can’t be higher than that, Toney starts to look pretty damn attractive
It was always about the Mahomes connection. Even the GM got in on it saying he was gonna be their WR1.

So much smoke. Literally zero fire.

I am surprised at all the love for Reid. He totally ducked being responsible for allowing a culture of drinking on the job by a coach.

With everything others get cancelled for I don’t get that one.

• Thanks
Mahomes needs to quit whining. Usually the guys look at the official and check to make sure they're lined up onside.

That was quite ticky-tack, though. Mahomes needs to suck and up and accept that the get tons of calls just for being Mahomes and KC.

But that's also typical KC. Lots of whiners in the organization, up and down the chain.

This was the play

The yard marker is clearly behind the 49 yard a little bit and his foot is a good 6 inches over and his is probably more. Seems like an easy call, and I can't see them letting that go so much.
Especially since the WR foot needs to be behind the ball technically

You guys keep saying they get the calls, yet I've seen the opposite most of the season. MVS mugging last week was another example of this type of thinking having little merit.

With all due respect to every one here, I’m gonna say two things:

1. The Bills won that game fair and square.

2. Reid and Mahomes have always been complete class after games. Wins or losses. For them to say something of what they did makes me read between the lines and think they were speaking of something much more than that last play. So for those here saying Reid and Mahomes are classless really rubs me the wrong way. They have both been nothing but their whole careers.

2. Reid and Mahomes have always been complete class after games. Wins or losses. For them to say something of what they did makes me read between the lines and think they were speaking of something much more than that last play. So for those here saying Reid and Mahomes are classless really rubs me the wrong way. They have both been nothing but their whole careers.
Many hate a winner, so that goes with the territory in sports. The way Mahomes handled the MVS mugging last week post game showed pure class. Just ignore the noise.

You guys keep saying they get the calls, yet I've seen the opposite most of the season. MVS mugging last week was another example of this type of thinking having little merit.
And yet no mention of the late hit call that Mahommes got last week

I was at the game last week. There are always lots of opposing team fans in attendance. IMO KC fans are the whiniest in terms of officials (with the exception of the 49ers)

I was at the game last week. There are always lots of opposing team fans in attendance. IMO KC fans are the whiniest in terms of officials (with the exception of the 49ers)
Never been to a Pats or Eagles game?

Sorry, I know he was upset but this is a bad look.

Never been to a Pats or Eagles game?
No. All in all Chiefs fans were cool but every call that went against them they whined, legit or not.

Agreed. He sounds like a spoiled brat, to be honest.

I agree with @ChiefD that Reid and Mahomes have usually been pretty classy, but let's remember that things are almost always going their way. They now have lost four of their last six, which has to be the worst stretch the Chiefs have had since Mahomes has been the starter, and this is how they react to a little adversity? Come on, now. It's easy to be all smiles and classy when you are winning almost every game, but when the losses start piling up, out comes their personalities when they aren't front running.

Coming into the game - the last game in the fantasy football regular season mind you - Mahomes was the 8th ranked QB in points. In the last 6 weeks, against mostly crappy pass defenses, he has averaged 17.4 points. In a 17 game season, he is on pace for a whopping 30 passing touchdowns - along with 17 turnovers. He’s passed for over 306 yards once this season, and he has as many rushing touchdowns as I do - zero. His defense has kept him in every game, yet he has only led his team to an 8-5 record. Yet all we hear about are dropped passes and bad calls.

Mahomes needs to quit whining. Usually the guys look at the official and check to make sure they're lined up onside.

That was quite ticky-tack, though. Mahomes needs to suck and up and accept that the get tons of calls just for being Mahomes and KC.

But that's also typical KC. Lots of whiners in the organization, up and down the chain.
If it were a ticky-tack call, I could see Mahomes and Reid complaining about an offensive offsides. However it wasn't. It was so blatantly offsides that the refs had to call it.

Coming into the game - the last game in the fantasy football regular season mind you - Mahomes was the 8th ranked QB in points. In the last 6 weeks, against mostly crappy pass defenses, he has averaged 17.4 points. In a 17 game season, he is on pace for a whopping 30 passing touchdowns - along with 17 turnovers. He’s passed for over 306 yards once this season, and he has as many rushing touchdowns as I do - zero. His defense has kept him in every game, yet he has only led his team to an 8-5 record. Yet all we hear about are dropped passes and bad calls.
Well there have been a LOT of dropped passes and a few bad calls (not the Toney offsides today). If even half of those drops are caught, drives continue, more KC TDs, more Mahomes TDs.

Well there have been a LOT of dropped passes and a few bad calls (not the Toney offsides today). If even half of those drops are caught, drives continue, more KC TDs, more Mahomes TDs.
Yes there have been a lot of dropped passes – 25 to be exact. Dallas has also dropped a lot of passes - 22. Yet Dak is overcoming it, and is in the hunt for MVP. It’s not a good look to whine and complain, especially when you are having the worst year of your career.

• Sad

Agreed. He sounds like a spoiled brat, to be honest.

I agree with @ChiefD that Reid and Mahomes have usually been pretty classy, but let's remember that things are almost always going their way. They now have lost four of their last six, which has to be the worst stretch the Chiefs have had since Mahomes has been the starter, and this is how they react to a little adversity? Come on, now. It's easy to be all smiles and classy when you are winning almost every game, but when the losses start piling up, out comes their personalities when they aren't front running.
It's easy to be classy when you win...

It's also easy to be classy when you lose big(or at least without much chance of winning)...

It's hard to be classy when you lose close games, especially when you lose multiple close games.

I'm a fan of Andy Reid. I think he's one of the best coaches in history. This was a bad look for him today, even worse for Mahomes, who instead of congradulating Allen after the game... spent the time meeting at midfield by bitching about that call.

The Taylor Swift effect is really doing a number on the Chiefs. They've dropped 4 of their last 6 and Mahomes is looking and sounding like the biggest crybaby ever.

During the game they said that penalty was called once 2 seasons ago, twice last season, and 11 times this season so far - so it IS being called pretty consistently this season.

You know how you avoid the flag? Don't line up offsides.

Users who are viewing this thread