What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biggest disappointments of the year (1 Viewer)

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy
Players, teams, or whatever else you can think that is baseball related.

The A's. Realists knew this offense would still suck. I held out hope they would be mediocre and fight for the division at least until the ASB. :sadbanana:

Adam Dunn. WTF? Worst free agent signing since Jason Werth? He was the cornerstone to many of my fantasy teams.

The Reds inability to hit when a starting pitcher gave them 7 solid innings.

.....and....

The Reds pitching staff unable to hold a lead when they scored 5 or more runs.

I knew there were no guarantees they would win a pennant and that they would be in a three way battle with the Cards and Brew Crew - but had no idea they would fold up like a cheap lawn chair.

Kyle Drabek.
That's a tough one. Hard to go from a highly touted rookie to top of the rotation. Sometimes it takes time.I'll agree with Hanley,cost you a first round pick and the return is terrible. You can't trade him for anything close to that and you don't want to outright drop him.I'll throw Cargo and Crawford out there too though injuries certainly played a part.

'Dr. Awesome said:
Adam Dunn. WTF? Worst free agent signing since Jason Werth? He was the cornerstone to many of my fantasy teams.
If I still played, I'd ask you to join my league. ;)

Kyle Drabek.
That's a tough one. Hard to go from a highly touted rookie to top of the rotation. Sometimes it takes time.
I wasn't expecting him to be an ace. I was, however, expecting him to be able to throw a strike.
Fair enuf, but he's still young and has time to work things out. Tons of pressure on that kid--some respond, some don't.
Color me worried, he's responding to the tune of a 6+ ERA since being sent back to the minors.

Kyle Drabek.
That's a tough one. Hard to go from a highly touted rookie to top of the rotation. Sometimes it takes time.
I wasn't expecting him to be an ace. I was, however, expecting him to be able to throw a strike.
Fair enuf, but he's still young and has time to work things out. Tons of pressure on that kid--some respond, some don't.
I'm not near writing the guy off yet. I was expecting him to stick around this season and be typical mediocre rookie pitcher, not a guy who is getting roughed up in the minors (and playing in the PCL makes the numbers look a little worse than they are).

Longoria and Hanley - Longoria is not who we thought he was. This guy was going in the first round in some drafts.

I have Longo and Hanley on one team. Thought for sure I'd have a top offense. I'm in 11th in a 12 team league.

Users who are viewing this thread