What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big winds in Green Bay? (1 Viewer)

Personally, I don't worry too much about the weather, unless I have two guys that are about equal and can choose one not impacted by weather. In this case, it's not like it's snow, they'll still be able to pass. Maybe not as effectively, but they'll still pass the ball.

... I personaly am looking @ Schaub vs the Lions or Peyton vs GB. Given the matchups, if the wind is terrible, I may go w/ Shcaub. A lot of us have Colt & Packer WR/TE/QBs and time is running out to make a change.

High winds to be factor for Colts-Pack game

By Greg A. Bedard

Sunday, Oct 19 2008, 12:45 PM

De Pere - In what could be a break for the Packers, the winds in the Green Bay area are the highest they have been all season.

I know this because my patio furniture is being bandied about and up until this point, I had no idea they could be blown away. The furniture is constantly rattling. Very annoying.

The forecast calls for gusts up to 30 mph from the southwest. At some point it will change to the north, but don't when that might be.

This is just a blog I found. Just sharing, presume its authentic but don't know any more about its source. Whether it's just windy or really windy is hard to say.

High winds to be factor for Colts-Pack game

By Greg A. Bedard

Sunday, Oct 19 2008, 12:45 PM

De Pere - In what could be a break for the Packers, the winds in the Green Bay area are the highest they have been all season.

I know this because my patio furniture is being bandied about and up until this point, I had no idea they could be blown away. The furniture is constantly rattling. Very annoying.

The forecast calls for gusts up to 30 mph from the southwest. At some point it will change to the north, but don't when that might be.

This is just a blog I found. Just sharing, presume its authentic but don't know any more about its source. Whether it's just windy or really windy is hard to say.
Sounds pretty close to what prompted me to start the thread.

I actually swapped out Rodgers for Schaub before the game, but more because he was playing DET (I wasn't aware of the winds in GB until I saw this thread -- after I made the switch) and I had a huge lead going into the afternoon games (and figure I can take the risk).

Hope you made what ends up as the right choice.

My example of wind vs. snow might have been a poor choice, but I am still of the opinion that you can't over-analyze the weather at a game when making lineup decisions. If you've got two guys that are about the same and one has "bad" weather, then pick the guy with "good" weather. However, it's tough to start an average guy in good weather when you have a stud in bad weather. You've got a 50-50 chance of being right on that one, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread