What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Bears at Lions*** (-8.0, 48) 1:00 (2 Viewers)

Lions are wearing their Honolulu Blues tomorrow - blue jersey, blue pants, blue socks. They have won the last four games they wore them at home:
  • 2022: Week 13 v Jags, Week 14 v Vikings
  • 2023: Week 3 v Falcons, Week 5 v Panthers
I mean...they're 15-4 in their last 19 so pretty much anything they put on is probably a lucky combo.

Should be wearing the new blue helmet with the all blues..

Love all blue, hate the all gray!

Lions are wearing their Honolulu Blues tomorrow - blue jersey, blue pants, blue socks. They have won the last four games they wore them at home:
I mean...they're 15-4 in their last 19 so pretty much anything they put on is probably a lucky combo.

Not allowed to by league rules. Alternate helmets can only be worn with alternate jerseys.

New uniform design next year will better match the new helmet.

Off to church. Have a pot luck after so guess I’m missing the first quarter. Probably speed through the dvr & join you guys for the second half.

Not allowed to by league rules. Alternate helmets can only be worn with alternate jerseys.

Hope they ditch the all gray next year for good. On the Lions forum seems like 90% of the fans dislike the all gray but love the all blue, or all whites.

Red Zone Efficiency
  1. Miami 75.00%
  2. LA Chargers 72.41%
  3. Buffalo 70.27%
  4. Baltimore 65.22%
  5. Chicago 62.96%
….

26. Detroit 48.39%​
Interesting. Surprising really. Wonder if they simply get less aggressive offensively when they get close?

I would guess the Lions do run the ball more inside the 10 than any other team. Just look at Jamaal last year with 18 rushing TDs, most of them inside the 2. I know they have confidence on their OL, but in the NFL you can't be too predictable.

Not a big fan of all one color uniforms. I like silver pants with blue jerseys or the blue pants with white jerseys. Also like the current helmet. The alternative helmet was cool, but the current logo is the best.

Red Zone Efficiency
  1. Miami 75.00%
  2. LA Chargers 72.41%
  3. Buffalo 70.27%
  4. Baltimore 65.22%
  5. Chicago 62.96%
….

26. Detroit 48.39%​
Interesting. Surprising really. Wonder if they simply get less aggressive offensively when they get close?

Nope - doesn’t seem like that to me at all. They basically never turtle up, they are borderline reckless.

It’s something they talk about in the HC / OC pressers. Just not executing down close.
Well. They are winning. Imagine if they could push that red zone success rate to middle of the pack.

David Montgomery "revenge game" incoming.
That narrative is keeping him in my lineup vs. R. Mostert right now, but waffling.

LOL...Same here. I have to sit either Monty or Walker III in order to get Tank Dell into my lineup. Walker is probably gonna be riding the pine today.
CHI is tough against the run. Looked at SOS and they've held RBs to pitiful YPC. Much weaker against pass catching RBs. Gibbs should benefit. Not sure about Montgomery.

Could see a 15-42-1 type game.

I think its withing reason that the Lions don't punt a single time in this game.

I can't see the Bears getting a pass rush at all, they can't cover Amon-Ra/LaPorta, and they likely can't get off the field on 3rd downs. On the Bears side, I can see the offense getting a shot in the arm with Fields back, let's not forget how well he was playing before injury. DJ Moore should get back on track, and Cole Kmet may not slow down. Also Khalil Herbert's speed adds another element. I think this is an early shootout, where the Bears just can't keep up in the 2nd half.

Lions and the over

Hope they ditch the all gray next year for good. On the Lions forum seems like 90% of the fans dislike the all gray but love the all blue, or all whites.
I hate the all white. I love both the all gray and the classic road game white jersey with silver pants.

I hate the all white. I love both the all gray and the classic road game white jersey with silver pants.

I like the white and silver road the best. The grays look drab to me.

Some quick look at the Lions stats inside the 10 and 5.

From 6 to 10 yards out:

0 Sacks.
Goff is 6-11, 33 yards, 1 TD
Rushing Team: 16 for 33 yards, 0 TDs.

27 plays and only 1 TD. That is pathetic. 1.45 to 1 rushing/pass attempts. Some what predictable.

From 1 to 5 yards out:

Goff is 3 - 6, 9 yards 3 TDs.
Rushing Team: 20 for 26 yards, 9 TDs.

26 plays, 12 TDs. QB sneak is 2 for 4 yards, 2 TDs. 3.33 to 1 rushing/pass attempts. Too predictable, IMHO. They have been effective inside the 5 with nearly a 50 percent success rate, but need to mix it up more. Josh Reynolds has 2 TDs inside the 5 and LaPorta the other one.

FYI, inside the 5 rushing.
Monty, 10 for 10 yards, 4 TDs
Gibbs, 4 for 6 yards, 2 TDs
C. Reynolds, 4 for 6 yards, 1 TDs.
Goff, 2 for 4 yards, 2 TDs.

Last edited:
I think its withing reason that the Lions don't punt a single time in this game.

I can't see the Bears getting a pass rush at all, they can't cover Amon-Ra/LaPorta, and they likely can't get off the field on 3rd downs. On the Bears side, I can see the offense getting a shot in the arm with Fields back, let's not forget how well he was playing before injury. DJ Moore should get back on track, and Cole Kmet may not slow down. Also Khalil Herbert's speed adds another element. I think this is an early shootout, where the Bears just can't keep up in the 2nd half.

Lions and the over

Bears run defense is too good. The Lions will try to run with limited success and the Bears will get some stops forcing 3 to 4 punts, IMO.

Lions and the over

Bears run defense is too good. The Lions will try to run with limited success and the Bears will get some stops forcing 3 to 4 punts, IMO.
I'm not sure the run defense is all that good. They haven't really faced any good running teams in a long time. This is BY FAR their toughest test of the season.

Lions and the over

I'm not sure the run defense is all that good. They haven't really faced any good running teams in a long time. This is BY FAR their toughest test of the season.
They have failed these tests ever since Eberflus took over. I expect Detroit to score 30. The Bears have to win the 1q to keep the crowd noise down and have a chance.

Last edited:
Last year they had an extraordinary number of passing plays that were stopped on the 1 yard line.
I think you nailed it here. Like all stats it has its quirks. Way easier to score a TD starting the Red Zone inside the 5 than from the 5 to 20. That said, Riley "short leg" Patterson is fantasy pros #2 rated kicker this week.

The Lions are sitting Levi Onwuzurike and Brodric Martin once again, choosing instead to play practice-squad DT Quinton Bohanna.

Rest of inactives: G Jonah Jackson, DT Isaiah Buggs, WR Antoine Green, CB Steven Gilmore, LB Trevor Nowaske

I knew that they wouldn't get that play off. They broke the huddle so late and went with no sense of urgency.

Good timeout by Chicago there. Somebody was at least on top of it.

How do you get pass interference on a ball thrown 10 yards out of bounds...did the get rid of the uncatchable part of the rule?

How do you get pass interference on a ball thrown 10 yards out of bounds...did the get rid of the uncatchable part of the rule?
"Uncatchable" has rarely been called in the last 10 years or so. The ball basically has to go into the stands for it to be ruled.

Users who are viewing this thread