What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Battle of New York (1 Viewer)

Blaylock gets the start at RB for the Jets and Cotchery at WR in place of McCariens...interesting development there.

Eli looked pretty sharp on the opening drive the all Plax dropped should have been caught.

Oh, I'm posting from Giants stadium btw.

how does arrington look?
Jumped offside on a play. The Giants defense is always in the backfield...it's tough telling who it is on every play.Eli on the other hand has all day to throw the ball, but the Jets are covering well downfield. Eli has to tuck and run on a couple of these.

Eli with an awful interception Had all day and threw behind and over Plaxico who gets his 2nd personal foul of the quarter :rolleyes:

It appears that if you are going to run the ball against the Giants this year, it will be up the middle.

ETA: Unless it's 3rd and 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much offense thus far. Blaylock and Tiki look good out there.

It is a little chippy with a lot of personal fouls though.

Newsflash!! Jeremy Shockey is playing!! If Eli looked more for this guy, Eli would be playing in the Pro-Bowl.

Eli Manning owners should probably start worrying, he looks AWFUL.

Sorry for the double, I edited it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey anyone reading this, pay attention...Eli LOVES looking at Toomer inside the Red Zone!!
I noticed, I also posted this a few weeks ago:In 2002 who had 133 targets 82 catches 1343 yards 16.4 YPC 8 TD FF WR6 that season?Last year: 109 targets 60 catches 684 yards 11.4 YPC (career low as opposed to a career YPC of 14.7) and still had 7 TD with a brand new QB, finished as WR 33.Current ADP: WR 56!!!!! Amani Toomer is the mystery man I am talking about. With Tiki, Burress, & Shockey, nobody even thinks about him, however, Eli has a year of experience under his belt and this will help Toomer considerably.A slight bump up in targets from last year, a few better passes thrown his way, weaker CB's playing against him and continual red zone success could make for unreal value.If he gets roughly one more pass per week than last year thwon his way, and a slight uptick in completion percentage look at what you could be getting:127 targets75 completions (assumes completion percentage increase from 55% last year to 59% this year)13.5 YPC (still well below career average)1,013 yards7-8 TD'sNot too shabby for WR56 in his ADP...not saying its going to happen, but it is not much of a stretch. Even last night he got three targets in a little more than a quarter of play. Now, his routes may be shorter than before, so it may explain his drop in YPC last year, but he should be able to shake a few CB2's and break some good yardage on occasion to bring it up. He'll be a forgotten man this year in DC's heads and I'll bet he'll have good success this season as a result.

Blaylok looks like he is going to win the starting job. Barlow will be lucky not to be cut. The guy just doesn't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread