What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Avoid Mike Wallace, the Raven? (2 Viewers)

NFL Training Camp Snaps: Observations from the road as the regular season nears

Excerpt:

• Eight years into his NFL career, Mike Wallace is finally a Raven. Like he nearly was on draft weekend 2009. Pittsburgh took him in the third round, 84th overall that year. But the Mississippi receiver was ticketed for selection by the Ravens if the arch-rival Steelers hadn’t beaten them to it, with Baltimore taking Nicholls State cornerback Lardarius Webb at No. 88 instead.

"What I’m hoping for here is that people can see the real Mike Wallace again," said Harbaugh, whose Ravens signed Wallace in free agency after his three underachieving seasons in Miami and Minnesota. "The one we hated to cover when he was in Pittsburgh. The one I was so ticked off about that we missed in the draft. You see it out here. The talent’s still there."

Wallace seems rejuvenated in Ravens camp, and is relishing his new connection with big-armed Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco, who many believe is the perfect fit for his deep threat, stretch-the-field skill set. And something happens to a former star player once he gets relegated to the remainders bin in free agency, knowing that he might only have one more opportunity to change the narrative and arc of his career.

"I have a lot to prove, and a lot of people wrote me off," Wallace told me. "I don’t care about them, but at the same time, you want to protect your name and reputation. When I leave this game, I’m going out on a high note, and that’s going to be in a Baltimore Ravens uniform. The plan is to be the old Mike Wallace again. And I’m working on it every single day."

I'm on board with Wallace.  

After years of Qbs that can't get deep, he joins a QB who LOVES throwing deep.  Had a lot of targets, and will keep Perriman on the bench.  

Choo choo.

He is on waivers in one of my redraft ppr leagues. I am going to see if can pick him up and going to drop Funchess

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Smith beat him in targets 9 to 6. I didn't see who the actual starters were. I'm interested in Wallace as well so I'm following this situation.  

Wallace seeing the same snaps as Steve Smith, same targets.  He and Smith are essentially receivers 1A and 1B in a high-powered offense (for what it's worth, I am not drinking the Pitta kool-aid)

I think he is a definite buy-low right now

Seems like a good spot start in case you need an early lead in your playoff game.
I'm going with him over Funchess. Colts are giving up 170yd/gm to WRs. And Wallace is basically Ravens only NFL-caliber wide out with Maclin hurt.

I feel he has a pretty high floor this week and expect at least one deep ball, maybe two. 

Users who are viewing this thread