What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At Work Today & It's Slow - Ask Me Anything. (1 Viewer)

How do you feel about the departure of the Kansas City Kings franchise so many years ago?
Oh man, talk about an event that altered the trajectory of my sports fan-dom.

That move crushed me. I was a huge Kings fan back in the day. I remember meeting the team at the airport when they won the Western Conference semifinals and getting autographs.

Loved me some Reggie King, Scotty "Rainbow" Wedman, Otis Birdsong, Sam Lacey.....all those guys. And 'ol Cotton Fitzsimmons at coach.

I haven't really been an NBA fan since.
Why no mention of Nate Archibald? That’s who I think of when I think of the Kansas City Kings.
I was very young when he was with the Kings. My aged 3-6 years. So I didn't watch him play much.

I have 3 since I too am at work and it is slow:
1. If animals could talk, what would be the rudest?
2. How many chickens would it take to kill an adult elephant?
3. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be and why?

I'll hang up and take your answers offline, TIA

1. If animals could talk, what would be the rudest?

The simple house cat. No question.

2. How many chickens would it take to kill an adult elephant?

I would say about 300,000. Chickens are so dumb there would need to be a bunch of them and it would have to be an accident. Like they crapped so much the elephant slipped and broke it's neck.

3. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be and why?

Bilbo Baggins. Yes, he had to go on this incredible journey but when he was done spent a lot of his days at Rivendell smoking, drinking, eating good food and reading/writing. Not bad.

also, do you root for the devils in hockey since they were the scouts back in the day.
No I don't. The Scouts were here so briefly. I don't remember anything about them. I was pretty young and nobody we knew was a hockey fan so not really exposed to it.

Interestingly I have a 16 year old sophomore playing on his varsity hockey team. We got exposed to it when he was 9 and really have gotten into it. We've been following the Blackhawks since then because my brother lives in northern Illinois.

You probably know Kelce best. I just got bumped from my playoffs so now it's keeper decision time. 34 year old Kelce or 24 year old McBride?

Why are you working today? Did you get Friday and Monday as holidays or only Monday?
I only got yesterday. That's the one thing that sucks about this business is that we are always open. And since we are so small we can't all take off all the time.

I'm here by myself a lot.

If you joined the Marines, did your time, got out and then re-enlisted as an Army chaplain, who do you root for in the Army-Navy game?

Users who are viewing this thread