What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone Selling Jimmy Graham? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Brownstone

Footballguy
Given the extent of his foot injury and the fact that he saw only 19 snaps last game, I'm a little worried about his production from here on out. I'm thinking that I might sell if I can get a good return.

Am I over thinking this?

19 snaps and 2 tds... I think I'll hold.

Obviously a redraft thread though, would depend on what you could get for him, but you would really regret it if he's back to full strength by the FF playoffs.

I'm a bit torn. I think he'll be fine injury wise, but he's playing at a completely unprecedented statistical pace. I picked up Jordan Reed so I feel I can backfill adequately.

But what I'm struggling with is his vale at the moment.

I would try to sell him for another top receiver. I don't want to deal with this headache. He's not going to perform the same for the rest of the season

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding the injury, but he is playing through the pain for now, but they are hoping the fascia tears completely. Once he returns from that, he should be relatively pain-free. But that means he would miss at least a couple weeks right?

The timing really scares me. I can see him play for a few weeks, then the fascia tears (or they do it themselves), and have him miss a few weeks to be fully healthy in time for the playoffs. Just in time to be out for fantasy playoffs.

I haven't thrown any offers out yet, but I'm giving it strong consideration, especially with Reed as backup.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding the injury, but he is playing through the pain for now, but they are hoping the fascia tears completely. Once he returns from that, he should be relatively pain-free. But that means he would miss at least a couple weeks right?

The timing really scares me. I can see him play for a few weeks, then the fascia tears (or they do it themselves), and have him miss a few weeks to be fully healthy in time for the playoffs. Just in time to be out for fantasy playoffs.

I haven't thrown any offers out yet, but I'm giving it strong consideration, especially with Reed as backup.
With Reed as a backup...Im considering and taking offers...but people would have to blow me away. And I just don't see, with the injury, really getting enough value from those offers.

I sold Graham last week, and while it cost me a win, I still don't feel I made the wrong choice. Partially torn fascia is considered worse than fully torn. So for now, it's a pain tolerance issue. You have to figure he'll be limited in practice and always in some state of agony as he guts it out. He might be advised as you suggested to get it completely torn and him to rest for the real playoffs. The pain tolerance might get to be an issue. The reduced field usage has to be a concern regardless of the TD production, which is tough to count on with limited snaps.

It's great that Graham still has value, but I'm too nervous to ride him out. But I'm a pretty risk averse FF owner. So take that with a grain of salt. JMHO.

I sold Graham last week, and while it cost me a win, I still don't feel I made the wrong choice. Partially torn fascia is considered worse than fully torn. So for now, it's a pain tolerance issue. You have to figure he'll be limited in practice and always in some state of agony as he guts it out. He might be advised as you suggested to get it completely torn and him to rest for the real playoffs. The pain tolerance might get to be an issue. The reduced field usage has to be a concern regardless of the TD production, which is tough to count on with limited snaps.

It's great that Graham still has value, but I'm too nervous to ride him out. But I'm a pretty risk averse FF owner. So take that with a grain of salt. JMHO.
Who do you get for him?

Who do you get for him?
I packaged Ray Rice (who was on bye, really struggling this year, has a brutal schedule ROS) plus JG for Desean and Tony G. I figured Tony G would eventually get his, and Desean was going to get Vick back.......DOH!

edit: FWIW, I tried and failed to move Rice for a day old ham sandwich and got no takers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet I could get Dez and Reed for Graham and something. I'd probably want a TE back Fleener is all I have. Gates or V Davis could be guys to target

No way, I holding with Jimmy playing for a new contract and looking for big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, he be out their every week scoring TD's, he can't hurt the foot anymore by playing(just take some pain meds and GO) , he can hurt his pocket book by not playing

I'm in a TE required league, so to replace him I would need Gronk, frankly. Not much else would do it. I like my WR's right now with starting 2 of VJax/TWilliams/SSmith.

It would have to knock my socks off to get rid of him. The proven production and potential to carry my team any given Sunday is too hard to give up.

Users who are viewing this thread