What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown for Todd Gurley (1 Viewer)

unckeyherb

Footballguy
12 Team 1 keeper league-Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, Def

My Team:

Brady, Stafford

CJ Anderson, Jeremy hill, Christine Michael, Duke Johnson, Arian Foster

Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Michael Thomas, Josh Gordon

Jordan Reed, Travis Kelce

Boswell

Arizona

I can't keep ODB or Brown next year.  Todd Gurley owner needs WR help bad and has offered Gurley (who I could keep) for Brown.  My WR's would be a weakness I feel at that point, but Gurley and Anderson every week could be nice.

Thoughts?

What is your status for this year?  I think looking at next year keepers at this point is not necessarily the driving force for making moves this year.  I would assume you have a chance to win this year so I think losing Brown is a big step in the wrong direction for winning now. 

That move would leave a huge hole at WR and at this point I see nothing wrong with rolling out Anderson and Michael every week.  They are both low end RB1 or high end RB2 at worst.  Hold tight and don't make that move.

I just realized you said it was a 1 keeper league.  That makes that rationale of trading for a guy now to keep for next year even worse.  You have a keeper in OBJ no need to take a downgrade this year for a keeper you don't even need for next year.

Good point-I am in 4th place right now.  3-2 w/ 12 Victory Points (leader has 14).  So I am absolutely in the hunt this season, not to mention I have Brady back now and theoretically Forster getting back into playing mode.  Regarding keepers, we have term limits on keepers-2 years.  This was the last year allowing 2 keepers (mine were ODB and Brown).  Long story short, theose two can not be kept by anyone this year, so my keeper option would probably be CJ.  

FWIW, I'm not interested in the keeper thing very much, just put it in for reference.  I'm more interested in whether this makes my team better for this year, and it sounds like you do not think it does (which is kind of how I feel).  

Users who are viewing this thread