What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Mock (1 Viewer)

5Rings

Lurker
Have at it. I've ripped others, go to town on this one. Only one trade, the seemingly obvious DET/TB deal.

:shock:

1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

They can use any live body on the worst offense in the league. I think getting rid of the joke B&B OC will be the biggest help. Al still holds the card in Oakland. The staff can scream until they are blue in the face for Quinn or Calvin, but Al still wants a) QBs that can throw the ball the length of the field, b) CBs that run 4.2s, and c) OL as big as a house. Nothing has changed since the 60’s for the jumpsuit wearing pimp.

2. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

Even Matt Millen can’t foul up this deal. Tampa moves up to get their guy. Calvin and Caddy will be great building blocks for this franchise, and perhaps next year they will even be able to acquire a real QB.

3. Cleveland - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconson

I can’t put Quinn here—as one analyst succinctly put it, “How do you grade Charlie Frye when he’s on his back?”. I think Peterson would be an even better fit…but the biggest need is OL. Cleveland had the worst OL in the NFL last year by far. These guys were awful. Steinbach will help out, but I don’t see how they can be confident rolling Dorsey/Shaffer out as starters next year. Taking Joe Thomas will allow some of the young skill guys like Braylon, Kelvin and Frye to develop.

4. Detroit—Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Everybody has Gaines Adams going here. He’d pair up nicely with Dewayne White, allowing Kalimba to be the swing guy. Looks nice on paper. However, when I look at the team, I don’t see how QB is not a need behind Old Man Kitna. I understand Marinelli owes the poor Lions fans an immediate impact player in order to compete in the weak sister NFC North. I also understand the team/fans might be gunshy after the Harrington debacle. However, I think the best thing for the franchise long term is to take Quinn, even though Martz will be swearing in the war room he can take a QB in the 5th and develop him to be just as good. :hot:

5. Arizona – Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

Are they switching to a 3-4 or staying in a 4-3? The pass rushing 4-3 DE’s provide value here, but Okeafor and Berry are fine. Landry would be excellent next to Adrian Wilson in the backfield,but the biggest value is AD. AD should provide AZ with some semblance of balance and allow Leinart to flourish. Even with the big improvement in the 2nd half of 07, OL is still a huge need, but Levi Brown would be a reach here.

6. Washington – Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

I’m sure they would love to trade down….but really, what player is left moving up for after the few blue chippers are gone? Atlanta is likely the only option to get Landry. Washington bites the bullet and takes a guy that will immediately help their anemic pass rush next season in their quest to stay out of the cellar. 19 sacks?

7. Minnesota – LaRon Landry, S, LSU

This draft is not kind to Minnesota. Huge needs at all offensive skill spots, especially WR, where their corps is running neck and neck with the 49ers for worst in the NFL. I think the Vikes are likely to trade down (for less than market value) in order to take a WR that presents better value, and (of course) save a few dollars along the way. Levi Brown is another option here, since Marcus Johnson has flopped and the right side of the OL is poor at best. If they don’t, LaRon Landry is a great fit.

8. Atlanta – Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

I think Atlanta goes line with this pick…either Levi Brown, or Anderson. Anderson is an immediate upgrade over Davis and helps protect a suspect secondary. This is probably the likeliest trading partner with the Redksins, since ATL would love Landry. I’m a big fan of Anderson and thing he’ll be better than Gaines in the NFL.

9. Miami – Levi Brown, OT, PSU

Each draft, OT seems to be the spot where guys rise the fastest…especially guys that can play on the left side. Match this with a team who has been hurting at this spot for (what seems like) the last decade…and need meets player. Adding a young DT like Okoye is tempting, but the offense needs a jumpstart more than the aging warriors on D.

10. Houston – Amobi Okoye, DT, Lousville

IMO, the Texans biggest needs are DT, CB, and OL. With Brown gone, the value is not there at OL (trade down with Denver and take Staley?). A CB like Revis or Hall would be ideal to replace Faggans and start opposite Dunta in a division with Manning. However, the Texans have shown a dedication to building a strong DL, and pairing a young buck like Okoye with Mario and (bust) Travis Johnson is the way to go.

11. San Fran - Pat Willis, LB, Ole Miss

Needs—WR, ILB, DL, RT. Its too bad Levi is gone, I think Kwame must be replaced. Check out this video if you need proof. McG is on record stating his love for Robert Meachem, but this is too high for him. I look for Nolan to once again trade back up in to the 22 range and secure Meacham/Bowe (if they get by Ten). It comes down to Willis vs Branch. Nolan has shown an affinity for speed and production (VD, Alex), and I think he upgrades the run D by pairing Willis with Junkyard Dog Moore in the middle. Ulbrich and Derek Smith were awful last year and should be cut.

12. Buffalo - Darelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

Tough break, Buffalo, we all know you wanted Willis. RB, ILB, and WR are needs for this team as well. If they stay put, I see the choice coming down to Lynch vs Revis. Youboty might be ready to start, but the need for a CB3 is there. Also, Revis can relieve (the new CB1) McGee of some of his return duties. I would personally take Lynch, a guy I love, but I think BUF goes D here with Jauron confident in what Trainwreck can do.

13. St. Louis - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

There is no excuse for what the idiots in the Rams front office are doing right now. Top 3-4 offense, but 31st ranked run D…and they allocate their FA cap room to a WR3 and a TE (after drafting 2 day one TEs last year). Trade a 5th for a KR (who averaged less yards per return than their incumbent returner!). They are also bringing in every WR under the sun for visits. The rumored Kris Jenkins deal would definitely save face for this franchise right now. The idiocy stops here, as I stop Charlie on the way to the podium with his “Ginn” card and make him help out a horrible defense. I’m sure they are gunshy on taking DTs (sorry Branch) after what happened with Lewis, Pickett, and Kennedy, so this is where a bigger Wistrom ends up.

14. Carolina - Alan Branch, DT Michigan

This pick threw a wrench into the best laid plans. The Panthers need help on their interior OL, more speed on defense, help at S, and a TE. Olsen at TE is a reach here, as are all the LBs, especially since they need an ILB. If they trade Jenkins, does Branch get taken here? Reggie Nelson is a great fit, but they can likely get a comparable S in the 2nd (Weddle, Merriweather). I’m going with Branch, BPA.

15. Pittsburgh – Anthony Spencer, OLB/DE, Purdue

Spencer is this year’s fast riser, and this edge rusher fits their scheme whether they stay in the 3-4 or switch over to a 4-3. CB is another spot they can use help, but they have a lot of cap room invested in some guys who performed poorly last year. I think PIT counts on those guys to pre-rain play.

16. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal'

This is a great spot for Marshawn. GB needs help at RB, TE, DL, and S. Leon Hall would be a solid fit here for GB as well, but it makes more sense for GB to load up on offensive weapons in Favre’s last hurrah and try and make the playoffs in their watered down division.

17. Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

This team looks awesome…but something is missing. They routintely play down or up to their level of competition while successfully embracing mediocrity. I don’t know if its Del Rio, Leftwich…..but something is wrong with a team with all this talent performing the way they do. DE and S look to be the biggest areas of need, and local boy Nelson is a great fit.

18. Cincinatti - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

Hall will immediately upgrade the CIN pass defense and pair up nicely with last year’s #1 Jonathan Joseph. Other possibilities include Justin Blalock (replace Steinbach), Paul Posluvny (model citizen, solid player), and Jon Beason. I’m tempted to go Blalock to protect the Golden Boy, but Cinci needs to firm up that D first.

19. Tennessee - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee

I’m sure TEN would have loved to see Hall make it to them. The drop down to Houston, Hughes etc does not provide value at this pick, so TEN takes a target for VY. TEN is still at the point that taking the BPA>need, and Meachem will join a healthy (yet forgotten) David Givens and Jones to give VY a solid receiving corps. Ginn and his return skills is the wild card at this spot.

20. NYG – Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

The team needs help on the OL badly, specifically at OT. This need is greater than at LB or DB, where I believe a healthy Strahan/Osi will help make up for whatever deficiencies the back seven have. Staley can slide inside, or has the athleticism to start opposite McKenzie.

21. Denver – Jon Beason, OLB, Miami

Shanahan picks up another fast athlete to wreak havoc. With DJ moving inside, Beason should be able to start from day one. I’m not predicting any Denver moves up in this mock. Jarvis Moss is another potential pick here.

22. Dallas - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

I can see Dallas moving up (to get Branch, the only true 3-4 NT prospect) or down out of the first round (ideal spot for SF to get a WR). If they stay put, I think they take Ross, who will not only provide depth at CB, but also can return kicks. I see many mocks with DAL taking a LB, but they have good depth at that spot with Ware, James, Akin, Ellis, and last year’s #1 Carpenter.

23. Kansas City – Justin Blalock, G, Texas

Joe Staley would be an ideal fit here if he’s available—Turley/Terry/McIntosh doesn’t really inspire much confidence. IMO, KC is on course to be amongst the worst teams in the NFL next few years, so the rebuild is on in KC. They start by taking a road grader to replace the retired Shields, and look to rebuild their line and and WR spots later in the draft.

24. New England – Ted Ginn, WR, OSU

Is it a need? Not really, but Pioli has the benefit of being able to cherry pick the BPA, regardless of need here. Posluzy and Merriweather are options here, but I can’t see Merriweather making it in NE--The guy is an idiot. The kings get richer.

25. NYJ – Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn

Dyson, Poteat, Barrett, and Justin Miller are not a great group, so help is needed. I personally would not take Houston here like I see in all other mocks. I think he’s an overyhyped combine wonder, whose on-field performance does not relate to his talent (or draft position). He was torched in the big games and did not force one turnover in 06. I’d go with Ben Grubbs and continue to build an awesome young front line.

26. Philly – Paul Posluszny, LB, PSU

Bowe would be a nice fit here, as would Griffin from Texas. However, LB was a big weak spot for this team last year, and Poz is a solid player who will be an immediate upgrade over McCoy and Jones. Poz and Gaither form a nice young 1-2 punch for Philly.

27. New Orleans – David Harris, LB, Michigan

The signing of Jason David definitely helps—any time you can move Fred Thomas down the depth chart, it’s a good thing. A guy like Michael Griffin would be an ideal fit…Bowe would help offset the loss of Horn….Harrell would beef up the middle…even Greg Olsen would be a nice upgrade over last year’s mix of TEs (even with the Eric Johnson signing, but whats he gonna last healthy, 4 games?). I think NO beefs up their middle and steals NE’s guy from them. NO would be crazy to count on their LB corps of Shanle/Simoneau/Fujita to duplicate last years surprisingly decent performance. Harris immediately taks over for little Simoneau.

28. New England – Michael Griffin, DB, Texas

This guy is just flat out an excellent football player. He fits the versatile NE mold, and will help anwhere in the secondary. Awesome value here for the Patriots, again.

29. Baltimore - Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

Jarvis Moss would be a guy Ozzie would have to consider here, but I’m going to have them take one of my favorite players in the draft, Charles Johnson. I believe Johnson is athletic enough to play in either the 3-4 or 4-3, and would make a great bookend to Suggs. The whispers of dealing Mason (who wants his albatross of a contract?) might mean Bowe goes here as well.

30. San Diego – Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

Jarett goes before Bowe or Gonzales in a bit of a surprise. With Vincent Jackson to spread the field, Dwayne will take D pressure of Gates and give SD more offensive firepower, if that’s possible. Another guy unfairly knocked down draft boards due to his workout in shorts.

31. Chicago – Justin Harrell, DT, TEN

When Tommie Harris went down, the soft underbelly of the CHI run defense was exposed. Harrell is a stout defender and will help this problem from day one, especially with Tank being suspended. I’ve seen many mocks with WRs going here, but CHI still has guys like Mark Bradley on the roster.

32. Indianapolis – Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

Timmons could be brought in to compete with Keiaho. They could also go with Greg Olsen at TE. However, I think Indy fires up their offense with an excellent value pick in Bowe. Should be an immediate improvement at the slot spot for Indy, and might be Marvin’s replacement down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have at it. I've ripped others, go to town on this one.
Fair enough. If it's for the stupid contest can't you follow simple directions and paste a copy without comments!!! :cry:
Meh, was looking for some discussion too. I'll cut and paste it for you in the thread... :popcorn:
thanks i burned my fingers and typing is painful so i wanted some help is all.
Hey CC are trades allowed in the contest? Just Checking

Have at it. I've ripped others, go to town on this one.
Fair enough. If it's for the stupid contest can't you follow simple directions and paste a copy without comments!!! :cry:
Meh, was looking for some discussion too. I'll cut and paste it for you in the thread... :popcorn:
thanks i burned my fingers and typing is painful so i wanted some help is all.
Hey CC are trades allowed in the contest? Just Checking
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread