What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck..... Love fest inside.... (1 Viewer)

Oh yea, the Colts play in 3 days
Will be challenging and of course the Colts should be working on getting Tolzien ready but it was just a few weeks ago that Davante Adams got concussed on Sunday and has his best game as a pro that following Thursday.

'Highly unlikely' Luck plays against Steelers

The Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer considers it "highly unlikely" Andrew Luck (concussion) is cleared in time for Thursday night against the Steelers.
The Colts are preparing as if Scott Tolzien will make the start on Thanksgiving. Luck has been sacked a league-high 35 times this season, and his head bounced off the Lucas Oil Stadium turf on one of those in the fourth quarter Sunday. Tolzien, the former backup to Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, hasn't thrown a meaningful pass since starting a pair of games for the Packers in 2013. His insertion into the lineup would be a massive downgrade for the whole offense. 

Darth Vader

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

/Vader

I only recall one player recently getting cleared by Thursday. Davante Adams somehow pulled it off.  Hoping Luck can too!

Pretty sure you have to be checked by a independent neurologist to pass the final part of the concussion protocol. From everything I've seen he's a full go

Anyone benching this week? No Moncrief and at Minni. Only other options I have are Flacco and Alex Smith, both have decent matchups. Not really sure what the play is.

Anyone benching this week? No Moncrief and at Minni. Only other options I have are Flacco and Alex Smith, both have decent matchups. Not really sure what the play is.
I'm currently benching him for Eli, but looking for some reason to talk myself out of it...

I'm currently benching him for Eli, but looking for some reason to talk myself out of it...
I have the same decision to make. Comparing their weekly output, it almost looks like Luck's floor is Eli's ceiling.

Luck has not produced less than 15 pts in any game this year, and he scored over 20 pts in 75% of his starts (9 out of 12)

Eli has scored under 15 pts four time this season, and has only scored over 20 pts in 38.5% of his starts (5 out of 13)

I think I like my chances better with Luck.

Ugh, trying to decide to start Luck or Dak.

I have both T.Y. and Dez also...... not sure what the hell to do.  As of now have Dak in because he is at home and i could see Tampa scoring some points.

His stats have still been excellent. Indy needs to be more balanced on offense and take some pressure of him. 
In redraft I think there are going to be a lot of guys low on him this year. I think he is a good bargain buy. Luck is most likely a top 2-3 QB, but you could see guys like Ryan and Dak being drafted ahead of him. Even Cam maybe. 

That might not be a huge bargain, but it's something. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In redraft I think there are going to be a lot of guys low on him this year. I think he is a good bargain buy. Luck is most likely a top 2-3 QB, but you could see guys like Ryan and Dak being drafted ahead of him. Even Cam maybe. 

That won't happen in the leagues i'm in but agree I'd take him above all those guys.

Yeah he went QB2 in the redraft I have done so far behind Rodgers. 

Yeah he went QB2 in the redraft I have done so far behind Rodgers. 
Interesting. Prior to reading about his injury last year I would not have had him on my draft list unless he was QB5... maybe I'm just not really into QBs as much as far as knowledge goes. I usually wait until QB10-12. Hoping to grab Mariota (I've come around on him) or Carr if he slips. Lots of good QBs to be had. After the top 3 it's pretty much the same until 10-12. 

The Indianapolis Star reports "there are no assurances" Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be ready for the start of training camp.

Owner Jim Irsay hinted at this back in March. Luck hasn't had any setbacks, but the Colts are committed to not rushing him back from January surgery. Even if Luck misses some camp time, there's no concern over his status for Week 1.

Source: Indianapolis Star 
May 24 - 4:34 PM

Andrew Luck (shoulder surgery) remains without a timetable to resume throwing.

Coach Chuck Pagano said the team is "just following the protocol." The Colts have been careful not to say Luck will be ready for the start of camp. There's still no concern over Luck's Week 1 status, but it's possible he misses time in the preseason. Luck's status figures to be updated regularly between now and the beginning of camp.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

:sadbanana:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 32m32 minutes ago

After undergoing off-season shoulder surgery, Andrew Luck said today he is uncertain whether he will be ready for training camp next month.

If I were a cynical person, I would say the Colts deserve this after their whole “suck for Luck” season. In my mind that was far worse for the "integrity of the game” than that farce known as deflate gate.

If I were a cynical person, I would say the Colts deserve this after their whole “suck for Luck” season. In my mind that was far worse for the "integrity of the game” than that farce known as deflate gate.
C'mon.... plenty of teams win double digit games... start the next season 0-14 and then jump back to double digit wins.

Definitely moving him down draft boards
Understandably. I try not to draft guys who are already hurt and/or who have sat out preseason coming back from an injury. And not for nothing, a QB with an injured throwing shoulder is not someone I want to pin my fantasy hopes to.

ugh...i went all in on him this year in that I only drafted one qb and it was him.  He fell all the way to the 7th in my modified keeper league so it was too difficult to pass him up

Most NFL teams are not built to sustain major injuries to star quarterbacks. But the Colts' construction is particularly dangerous under Luck as it was when Peyton Manning ran the show. Manning missed the entire 2010 season after multiple neck surgeries and the Colts cratered, winning just two games and securing the No. 1 pick. 

I actually kind of like the Colts model: "We have a franchise QB, and we know we are screwed without him, so may as well go down hard if we don't have him and get a high pick". Worked out with Manning  :lol: .

QB Andrew Luck doesn't seem to be phased by the cautious return from offseason shoulder surgery saying, "not to freak out."

Andrew Luck also mentioned that he's slowly regaining strength and "feeling better every day." These words are very optimistic as he still refused to give a timeline, and was non-committal on playing week 1. The Colts desperately need Luck to be healthy in order for any semblance of success. Letting him take his time seems to be a good idea for their franchise quarterback in the long run but it's very concerning for 2017.

Source: George Bremer‏ on Twitter

Jul 29 - 9:03 AM

By failing to address their offensive line issues for years now, the Colts have let Luck get beat up to the point where you wonder if he'll ever live up to the hype. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread