What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Brown? (1 Viewer)

bb7278

Footballguy
Where's Andre Brown in the rankings, he cant make the top 72?

Giants | Andre Brown wants to share time Thu Oct 18, 08:40 AM

New York Giants RB Andre Brown hopes he can still get a fair share of carries spelling RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) in Week 7. 'If we're rushing the ball good and they want to run the ball 40 times, I hope I get 20,' Brown said. 'However they divide up the carries. And you know what coach said: Whoever having the hot hand. If they want to let Ahmad go, let him. I'm still a team player first.'

Our view: Bradshaw has had a massive workload over the last two weeks and his body is showing signs of getting banged up (again). We feel the Giants could use more power in the ground game, and that's where Brown comes in. He showed his talent earlier this year and is now back from his concussion. Bradshaw will still be the lead back, but don't be surprised if Brown is mixed in some more to help keep Bradshaw fresh.

Da 'Rel Scott was put on IR to make room for their starting DT to be activated off the PUP. That leaves Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson as the only RBs on the 53 man roster.

I picked him up just in case anything happens to Bradshaw. Won't be starting him obvi.
Byeweek hell for me. Mathews on bye, Murray out, couldn't snag Felix but got got lucky on Brown.Don't know why but with the news on Bradshaw I'm pretty optimistic he'll get a fair amount of touches. That's If the Giants are smart and want to preserve Bradshaw going forward.

It must be because of the concussion they didn't have him in there.

He's 34 on a pooled rankings site, seems about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradshaw flat missed Friday's practice, fwiw.
He suited up and did a walkthrough. He could have practiced but they did not want to aggrivate. No setbacks to Bradshaw.
I gathered it wasn't a big deal (hence the "fwiw") but thanks for the clarification. For those considering Brown as a part-time back for a flex, I would imagine it's still not good for Bradshaw that he missed practice on Friday. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8524932/ahmad-bradshaw-new-york-giants-questionable-washington-redskins

'netnalp said:
Da 'Rel Scott was put on IR to make room for their starting DT to be activated off the PUP. That leaves Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson as the only RBs on the 53 man roster.
Leads me to believe good chance AB is "active" in name only; and may be on a very short leash if used. Quite a murky sitch over there :confused:

ON NFL Network the reporter at the stadium (Kimberly something) said she "was told that Bradshaw would play today".

From CBS:

Giants running back Andre Brown was back at practice Friday and was able to go in full for three days in a row leading up to Week 7 against the Redskins. Brown has a chance to be the feature back in his return to the field, with Ahmad Bradshaw unable to practice Friday and being considered questionable for the game with a foot injury.

(Updated 10/19/12)

If Bradshaw is unable to go, Brown would be the next man up. We all remember what happened the last time Brown got a start -- he torched the Panthers in Week 3 for 113 yards and two touchdowns. The Redskins have been strong against the run this season and are holding opposing running backs to 74 rushing yards and 13 Fantasy points per game. If Bradshaw cannot go in Week 7, Brown would be a good fill in option. Keep an eye on how this situation develops Sunday before getting Brown into the lineup.

From Rotoworld:

According to Profootballtalk.com, Ahmad Bradshaw (foot, questionable) will be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Redskins.

Bradshaw missed practice on Wednesday, returned Thursday, and then missed practice again on Friday. It's not a great sign that he can't string together practices, and it was pretty predictable that Bradshaw would suffer some sort of setback after his major workloads the past two weeks. Fellow running back Andre Brown worked in with the starters in practice, so he and rookie David Wilson would carry the load against Washington if Bradshaw is forced to miss. The teams kick off at 1:00PM ET, so keep checking back throughout the morning for updates.

Due to injuries and byes, I'm going with Brown. Also have Wilson though. Wilson is more likely for the home run td, but Brown is more likely to see more work and more likely for a short garbage td.

I'm not saying he's a bad high upside flex play but if he finished with 5 or less touches, I wouldn't be surprised. His best chance in this game is if the Giants build a big lead and I don't think that's likely.

With Bradshaw playing and let's say he doesn't get dinged I would think the break down would be 15-20 touches for Bradshaw 5-10 for Brown, and 1-5 for Wilson based on practice this week.

As a low-end RB3 or emergency flex for injuries/byes you could worse than A. Brown.

Would think A. Brown would be the goal-line back this week in most situations as well.

So we have reports he flat out didn't practice on Friday and that he did practice friday. We have that he is a GTD and that he is 100% going to play. What the heck happened in this thread?

Where's Andre Brown in the rankings, he cant make the top 72?
May have something to do with how David Wilson has looked the last few weeks. I think it all started with those kick-off returns and it seems as those he's earning the coach's trust back.I'm even thinking of playing Wilson in a "swing for the fences" move in a league where I'm seriously out-gunned this week.

If Bradshaw does miss time later this season, what do you expect from Brown? 80% of what Bradshaw gives you when healthy?

Users who are viewing this thread