What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I overthinking it? (1 Viewer)

32 Counter Pass

Footballguy
Details: In a 4 team run off to finish in the money (top two teams move on)

PPR, 12 team format

The weather is looking pretty grim for most of the out door games. I am seriously considering sitting A. Brown due to the poor weather in Buffalo. What is most concerning is the wind, which may be cross winds (correct me if I am wrong). I could start R. Mathews in place of Brown. Weather conditions in LA are mild compared to what the Steelers are facing.

Am I overthinking it? 

I wouldn't sit brown in the fantasy playoffs if they were playing in the middle of a hurricane under attack from Isis. 

Clearly a troll post here, but JUST in case you are somehow being serious...

1.  No you don't sit Brown no matter what.
2.  R. Mathews plays for the titans who play vs Denver.  Atlanta plays in LA.

If Brown gets limited by the weather, he then becomes the second best WR in league behind himself.

No wind....10/175/2

Windy...15/125/2

VERY Windy.....18/130/2

Cross wind....12/130/1

UP wind....9/150/1

DOWN wind....18/140/2

I need Pittsburgh to play well or both my teams are sunk. Buffalo has shown they can be a force defensively at times this year too. Pittsburgh hasn't done as well on the road either this season. 

I need Pittsburgh to play well or both my teams are sunk. Buffalo has shown they can be a force defensively at times this year too. Pittsburgh hasn't done as well on the road either this season. 
I think this is the larger factor limiting production of the Steelers offense.  Ben's numbers on the road this year are pretty abysmal.

Clearly a troll post here, but JUST in case you are somehow being serious...

1.  No you don't sit Brown no matter what.
2.  R. Mathews plays for the titans who play vs Denver.  Atlanta plays in LA.
Sorry. I have Gabriel as well, and confused the opponents. And no this isn't trolling (who the eff has time for that nonsense?). I am very serious. As mentioned above Ben and played poorly on the road, and I am not sure how the winds will impact things. For example, when the Steelers played at Cleveland wind has a factor. AB went 8/76. 

I understand "always start you studs" but it seems like a lazy out. Taking that thought process to an extreme, would you still start AB if the winds were 50 mph? I only use this example to show that there are circumstances were "start your studs" doesn't make sense. Just wondering if this sets up as one of the times.

Sorry. I have Gabriel as well, and confused the opponents. And no this isn't trolling (who the eff has time for that nonsense?). I am very serious. As mentioned above Ben and played poorly on the road, and I am not sure how the winds will impact things. For example, when the Steelers played at Cleveland wind has a factor. AB went 8/76. 

I understand "always start you studs" but it seems like a lazy out. Taking that thought process to an extreme, would you still start AB if the winds were 50 mph? I only use this example to show that there are circumstances were "start your studs" doesn't make sense. Just wondering if this sets up as one of the times.
You don't sit Brown.  I get some people sitting studs like Julio with his injury, or a guy that's around WR10 ranked for the week.  But we're talking about this weeks #1 ranked wr.  Don't even think about sitting him.

yea its windy in buffalo so Im gonna sit him for rishard matthews going up against denver on the road...  unreal. 

I wouldn't sit brown in the fantasy playoffs if they were playing in the middle of a hurricane under attack from Isis. 
How would you feel about a space alien invasion, as it relates to sitting Brown? 

Asking for a friend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand "always start you studs" but it seems like a lazy out. 
Apparently you don't understand it.

i wouldn't bench Brown if he dislocated his nutsack in a bizarre bobsledding accident 7 minutes before the game. 

He's your 1st round pick and likely the 1.01 selection. That means you don't bench him ever. As in, ever.

Also,if you're wondering why you're getting razzed a little, it's because this isn't the Asst coach forum. The sharks smell blood in the water and here we all are. 

:shark:

Ya, my bad on specifically mentioning Brown. My hope was to widen the discussing about weather as a factor in starting lineup decisions.

I find your initial point about starting Brown silly. I recall a game awhile back in Pittsburgh (this was when Ward and Ronnie Brown were playing) where the conditions were so bad that no one was startable. And if you did, you regretted it big time.  So yes, there are conditions where I think you should sit your studs. I just do not know if the weather in Buffalo is one such condition. 

Details: In a 4 team run off to finish in the money (top two teams move on)

PPR, 12 team format

The weather is looking pretty grim for most of the out door games. I am seriously considering sitting A. Brown due to the poor weather in Buffalo. What is most concerning is the wind, which may be cross winds (correct me if I am wrong). I could start R. Mathews in place of Brown. Weather conditions in LA are mild compared to what the Steelers are facing.

Am I overthinking it? 
Let me be clear that I am saying this as nice as I can and still get my point across, if you are thinking of a way to sit Antonio Brown for any reason other than he isn't playing then you might want to find a new hobby. Maybe reading tarot cards could be in your future.

If you sit Brown (not related to an injury) and you lose, you will want to punch yourself in the balls perhaps as many as 47 times.

32 Counter Pass said:
Ya, my bad on specifically mentioning Brown. My hope was to widen the discussing about weather as a factor in starting lineup decisions.

I find your initial point about starting Brown silly. I recall a game awhile back in Pittsburgh (this was when Ward and Ronnie Brown were playing) where the conditions were so bad that no one was startable. And if you did, you regretted it big time.  So yes, there are conditions where I think you should sit your studs. I just do not know if the weather in Buffalo is one such condition. 
Yes, there are conditions like that. Almost zero chance this is one of those times.

I feel so relieved, as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

On another note, I face AB this week in a must win game,  and sincerely hope he has 0 catches for 0 yards.

possibly with the aforementioned pregame bobsled accident.   

No offense of course. 

packer_junkie said:

Hot Sauce Guy said:
How would you feel about a space alien invasion, as it relates to sitting Brown? 

Asking for a friend. 
What of the other team's CB was Ditka?

If Josh Bellamy can put up over 90 yards in crappy weather in Chicago with Barkley throwing him the ball I'm pretty sure AB can do it in Buffalo. 

If you are going to use the shark pool as your own personal fantasy advice forum you should at least get your ####### facts correct. 

32 Counter Pass said:

You should probably be starting Brown AND Gabriel.

so what was the verdict:  did you start him based on everyone saying you should, or did you go with your gut and sit him...12.8 PPR and 7.8 standard, right?  If you played someone who put up better pts, you nailed it. 

Users who are viewing this thread