What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (1 Viewer)

Very real chance NO starts 0-3, IMO. If/when that happens, playoffs would be a real long shot and I would think they would start thinking about changes. 

They don't really have the defense that KC does though. If KC doesn't stop NE on that 4th and 1 and change the game momentum they may never have gotten the chance to run all over NE.
Agreed but keep in mind if they can get their running game flowing it will keep NE O off the field

Agreed but keep in mind if they can get their running game flowing it will keep NE O off the field
Especially if Hightower is out. 

I agree NOS only shot is to keep NE offense off the field.

Because angry Tom Brady is a guy no defense wants to face. 

Saints at home though - they'll put points on the board. I'm considering betting the over but it's probably ridiculous. 

Update: AP sucks now,  and the game has passed him by.  He can't play in the passing game... That doesn't fly in today's NFL.  Every time he takes the field the playbook is limited and the defense can easily anticipate what the offense wants to do. 

I think Kamara gets the bulk of touches this week. 

Why? Payton is crazy, that's why. ADP's contract/signing means nothing. Ingram being a veteran and a good RB means nothing.

I don't know why the NOS coach is like that, but I'd bet on it this weekend

As a life long Vikings fan, it was fun to finally be able to draft Peterson (Oddly, I've never had a pick where he made sense to any of my teams over the years).

But, he's dead weight on the end of my bench. This guy seems pretty droppable in most formats.  

My Saints homer friend seems to think I should hang onto him, as he may play a part in clock control games, but as a non saints fan, I don't see too many games where they will be controlling the clock.

Wrigley said:
I've dropped in all formats
I'm holding for now just because Mark Ingram has never been the perfect picture of health but even then I think it's going to affect a handful of games.  The end is near.

Man alive I'll be surprised if anyone trades anything for Peterson.
I hate to agree, but this sounds right.  Even a second day pick at this point would be a gift.

Right now my guesses are 90% outright release, 10% CONDITIONAL second day pick (AP plays X games, has Y snaps = 7th round pick)

I hate to agree, but this sounds right.  Even a second day pick at this point would be a gift.

Right now my guesses are 90% outright release, 10% CONDITIONAL second day pick (AP plays X games, has Y snaps = 7th round pick)
agree.  nobody in their right mind is going to give up a draft pick or money for this guy.  

rbs are literally a dime a dozen

So...with the Cook injury, any chance he heads back to Minnesota?  Oakland?  Lynch is struggling...Indy?  Az?

He's cuttable at this point IMO. Would rather try to snag Murray or a better lotto ticket than hope AP finds traction, whether in NO or elsewhere. Just not sure I can trust him even if he does get moved... how long do we wait to feel comfortable starting him if that does happen? Just doesn't seem like the kind of bench RB I want to roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded to Arizona, per Schefter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/917777809619156993

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter  4m4 minutes ago

More

Adam Schefter Retweeted Dianna Russini

We have a trade!

Adam Schefter added,

Dianna RussiniVerified account @diannaESPN

Trade! The New Orleans Saints have traded Adrian Peterson to the Arizona Cardinals for a conditional pick per sources
Winners of this trade are AP, obviously, but Ingram and Kamara. I think everybody wins.

This just seems so uninteresting, especially for fantasy football.  Just add more clutter to a backfield.
Really? I don't have any Saints RBs, but as a football fan I'm excited to see what AP can do in Arizona.  :popcorn:

I mean, Chris Johnson shouldn't be playing football at this point and they clearly view Ellington as a CoP back, so I feel like AP is going to have his old role back while Ellington plays the Chester Taylor/McKinnon role.

------------------------------------------------

What would you guys give FAAB-wise for AP if someone had dropped him in one of your leagues? 

Really? I don't have any Saints RBs, but as a football fan I'm excited to see what AP can do in Arizona.  :popcorn:

I mean, Chris Johnson shouldn't be playing football at this point and they clearly view Ellington as a CoP back, so I feel like AP is going to have his old role back while Ellington plays the Chester Taylor/McKinnon role.

------------------------------------------------

What would you guys give FAAB-wise for AP if someone had dropped him in one of your leagues? 
As a football fan I suppose I'm interested to see what he does but I've had the mindset going into this year that he's pretty much done.  The Cardinals are probably a better fit for him though.

Users who are viewing this thread